Arne Dahl BBC4 6th April NO SPOILERS!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this.

It gets a midweek repeat as well. Tuesday night(or Wednesday morning for those of us with an inner pedant:p).

Inspector De Luca has been bought by BBC4 as well. Don't know much about this though. It's foreign and subbed though - so will be better than anything we can produce. Unless it turns out to be a Insp Monty clone?:D:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/bbc-four-acquisitions.html

PS
    Only kidding about the bald one who likes fish by the way.:o
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this.

It gets a midweek repeat as well. Tuesday night(or Wednesday morning for those of us with an inner pedant:p).

Haven't all BBC4's Euro-Crime shows gotten a mid-week repeat??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Haven't all BBC4's Euro-Crime shows gotten a mid-week repeat??

Hiya V.

Spiral didn't. First time ever - and hopefully the last.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya V.

Spiral didn't. First time ever - and hopefully the last.

I didn't realise that...

BTW I posted in the Wallander thread that the last few Krister episodes will be shown later this year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first story has been split into two parts. Same for all of the remaining stories I imagine? So we get 2x90mins for each of the five stories.

Is this how they were shown in Sweden? Or were they shown as five 3hr 'movies'. Maybe one of our Scandi friends can shed some light on that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I didn't realise that...

BTW I posted in the Wallander thread that the last few Krister episodes will be shown later this year

Not a lot of people know that.....:D:D

re Wallander - cheers V. Been out of action so I'm way behind on here. Is this the general Wallander thread? I'll have to hunt it down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    The first story has been split into two parts. Same for all of the remaining stories I imagine? So we get 2x90mins for each of the five stories.

Is this how they were shown in Sweden? Or were they shown as five 3hr 'movies'. Maybe one of our Scandi friends can shed some light on that.

Yes. Two parts to each story.

But you better not hope to see them in HD. Even though the Swedes made them in HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cumbrian1 wrote: »
    Yes. Two parts to each story.

But you better not hope to see them in HD. Even though the Swedes made them in HD.

Glad someone else mentioned lack of HD offering.

Blueys are available from Amazon.de. English subs as well.;)
    http://www.amazon.de/Arne-Dahl-Vol-1-Blu-ray/dp/B009LT1PE6

LoveFilm.de won't play ball sadly. All I get is ''30 days in ze cooler'' when I put my details in.:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Glad someone else mentioned lack of HD offering.

And better not ask about HD for Borgen, The Bridge, The Young Montelbano et al, scheduled for the coming months.

Many of these in HD for earlier series.

But, it seems, not for the next. A great BBC swindle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot of people know that.....:D:D

re Wallander - cheers V. Been out of action so I'm way behind on here. Is this the general Wallander thread? I'll have to hunt it down.

This one

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1234387&highlight=
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cumbrian1 wrote: »
    And better not ask about HD for Borgen, The Bridge, The Young Montelbano et al, scheduled for the coming months.

Many of these in HD for earlier series.

But, it seems, not for the next. A great BBC swindle.

Been catching up on all the various threads - especially in Broadcasting. Seems there is a lively debate going on about the forward thinking/backward step switch from BBC HD to BBC2 HD(depending on your viewpoint).

You would think that BBC doesn't buy the HD rights now? Seems a waste of money if they do. Talking about selected foreign imports here. Not homegrown drama which will be a separate case.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a non-BBC4 longer Swedish trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qTGwWVg9g

And an article from the Guardian but not really telling us much about the show itself:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/apr/04/arne-dahl-scandinavian-crime-drama
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks well worth a watch from the trailers I have seen. Whether it hits the hits the heights of The Killing or The Bridge remains to be seen.

What gives me hope for it is that even though the demand is huge for Scandinavian Crime drama and they are trying to cash in on it the quality hasn't really diminished much. Eventually I can see a point where this happens as they try to cash in on it more and more and the quality goes down dramatically. But I don't think we are anywhere near that point yet.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the reason BBC4 have brought forward airdates for Borgen3 and series 2 of The Bridge. Originally going to air in 2014, last I heard they were going to put them on this year alongside new Wallander.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Does anyone know the reason BBC4 have brought forward airdates for Borgen3 and series 2 of The Bridge. Originally going to air in 2014, last I heard they were going to put them on this year alongside new Wallander.

Radio Times did an article on all the imports that BBC4 will be showing this year.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-11/bbc4-buys-new-swedish-and-italian-dramas

No reason given why Borgen 3 has been brought forward though.

BBC4 trailer here showing the new acquisitions - contains mini spoilers of course.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/9922292/BBC-Four-trailer-Arne-Dahl-Borgen-The-Bridge.html

Watch out for the Skin I Live In (if you haven't seen it yet). A weird and wonderful Spanish film from Pedro Almodóvar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a non-BBC4 longer Swedish trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qTGwWVg9g

And an article from the Guardian but not really telling us much about the show itself:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/apr/04/arne-dahl-scandinavian-crime-drama

Arne Dahl looks gorgeous in 1080p HD. I'll get my coat and go shopping now.:o:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this too, been having Scandi withdrawal symptoms :D
    PS
    Only kidding about the bald one who likes fish by the way.:o

Glad to hear it! :p Thanks for the link - knew about some of them from the trailer but didn't know there were new episodes of the old Commissario as well as the young one, that's made my day! The cricket thing should keep Mr OC happy as well, so it's win all round :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this too, been having Scandi withdrawal symptoms :D

Glad to hear it! :p Thanks for the link - knew about some of them from the trailer but didn't know there were new episodes of the old Commissario as well as the young one, that's made my day! The cricket thing should keep Mr OC happy as well, so it's win all round :)

You're welcome OC.

Looking forward to the Packer drama as well. 2x45mins eps according to Wiki(know the result so spoilers not a problem:p). Not sure if it's a straight drama or whether it's a comedy-drama. Hope there are some laughs in it. Imagine BBC4 will show it in one screening?

Watched Season 1 of Unit One last week. So that fed my habit.;)

Birgitte looks gorgeous in her glasses.................................. Sorry. Drifted off for a while there. Must be the meds:D:D
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBC4 trailer here showing the new acquisitions - contains mini spoilers of course.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraphtv/9922292/BBC-Four-trailer-Arne-Dahl-Borgen-The-Bridge.html

Watch out for the Skin I Live In (if you haven't seen it yet). A weird and wonderful Spanish film from Pedro Almodóvar.

The Danish film In a Better World has been on Sky Movies, it's very good too.

So sad that none of these will be shown in HD, as they have been before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    The Danish film In a Better World has been on Sky Movies, it's very good too.

So sad that none of these will be shown in HD, as they have been before.

Interesting. Do Sky Movies show many subtitled films(assuming it wasn't dubbed!!!). Don't subscribe so don't keep track of their listings much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome OC.

Looking forward to the Packer drama as well. 2x45mins eps according to Wiki(know the result so spoilers not a problem:p). Not sure if it's a straight drama or whether it's a comedy-drama. Hope there are some laughs in it. Imagine BBC4 will show it in one screening?

Watched Season 1 of Unit One last week. So that fed my habit.;)

Birgitte looks gorgeous in her glasses.................................. Sorry. Drifted off for a while there. Must be the meds:D:D

So excited to see some more Nordic Noir.
    Already watched Borgen S03 Ep1 as I couldn't wait any longer!!
    Birgitte's lovely English too :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloe_26 wrote: »
    So excited to see some more Nordic Noir.
    Already watched Borgen S03 Ep1 as I couldn't wait any longer!!
    Birgitte's lovely English too :o

Shame on you Chloe. What is it with the younger generation wanting everything instantly? Waiting for something can be rewarding sometimes you know,:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame on you Chloe. What is it with the younger generation wanting everything instantly? Waiting for something can be rewarding sometimes you know,:D:D

*Slaps wrist* It was only one episode :o
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just checking in...

K