LDR: Ultraviolence

Comments

• pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    It is a grower but personally dont think it is one of her better songs,hoping to be blown away by the album.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urgh, coming from the person who has been rude to me several times for zero reasons. Practice what you preach

and i wasn't being rude. But i don't have to justify or edit how i explain things on DS for the likes of you. I have no reasons to be rude to Konebyvax, who is a nice member. Take a leaf out of their book.

You were being rude, and you're being rude again. "You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that one out" - directed at the poster - was uncalled for, you then went on to explain what Veri said, which isn't actually what the poster you replied to wanted to understand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have had this on repeat for so long. I'll probably get bored of the song if I continue playing it this much, but with each listen I find it gets better and better. I cannot wait for 'Ultraviolence'. I expect it to pass Born To Die in sales within about 4 months. The hype is huge for this, and she hasn't hyped it up herself, which is always a good idea.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have had this on repeat for so long. I'll probably get bored of the song if I continue playing it this much, but with each listen I find it gets better and better. I cannot wait for 'Ultraviolence'. I expect it to pass Born To Die in sales within about 4 months. The hype is huge for this, and she hasn't hyped it up herself, which is always a good idea.

I wouldn't say the hype was huge. There is anticipation definitely, can she deliver, can she continue her success. It's no more than most face on their second album. What I think it is is that after the initial debacle in the US with BTD her turn around in fortunes have put interest back onto her re-creating the initial hype and interest. It is her reprieve putting her in much better standing. It's not like it will be for Adele.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the hype was huge. There is anticipation definitely, can she deliver, can she continue her success. It's no more than most face on their second album. What I think it is is that after the initial debacle in the US with BTD her turn around in fortunes have put interest back onto her re-creating the initial hype and interest. It is her reprieve putting her in much better standing. It's not like it will be for Adele.

You don't think so?

"ReadyforUltraviolence" was trending for a few hours the other day, without any mention from Lana to get it trending - like most artists do.

The threads online on the big forums have almost 400 000 views within the last two days. Things like that. West Coast has gone #1 in almost 20 places and all of a sudden the US love her. Ultraviolence has gathered a LOT of hype over the last 2 months, I think.

I don't remember there being this much natural hype for big releases like PRISM and ARTPOP - even Bangerz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't think so?

"ReadyforUltraviolence" was trending for a few hours the other day, without any mention from Lana to get it trending - like most artists do.

The threads online on the big forums have almost 400 000 views within the last two days. Things like that. West Coast has gone #1 in almost 20 places and all of a sudden the US love her. Ultraviolence has gathered a LOT of hype over the last 2 months, I think.

I don't remember there being this much natural hype for big releases like PRISM and ARTPOP - even Bangerz.

Genuinely I don't think in the wider circles there is major hype like properly massive. Yes there is hype and anticipation. But genuinely no more than usual. And it's not entirely organic she has a wide fanbase has mentioned the album and release date so the anticipation was willing and waiting. This has been expected so yes people are excited. And as for the albums mentioned Prism dropped from nowhere building momentum over 3 months with like Lana a truck and some billboards then some online snippets the campaign wasn't entirely dissimilar.

All I'm saying is hype is there just not to a too massive degree. No more than BTD at this point.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, why are you tearing into my opinion on why i think Lana's popularity may have gone down. I should of said IMO i think this is why, but again, i don't need to justify myself on this place more than i have in the past.

It did take a long time until Young and beautiful. It was a song from a highly publicised and successful film starring three well known actors. It wasn't a song you could really escape from in terms of the film's advertising. Her SNL performance had put such a damper on the talent they failed to see, they clearly were not interested in what else she had to offer, until Young and beautiful.

But regardless of whether your right or i am right, i think it was slightly arrogant of you to completley shoot down my opinion in a way that seems to be you saying "your wrong, i'm right, so stuff it.

Do you have some sort of issue with people questioning your opinion? I hope you realise that this is a discussion forum and not everyone is here to pat you on the back.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't think so?

Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Genuinely I don't think in the wider circles there is major hype like properly massive. Yes there is hype and anticipation. But genuinely no more than usual. And it's not entirely organic she has a wide fanbase has mentioned the album and release date so the anticipation was willing and waiting. This has been expected so yes people are excited. And as for the albums mentioned Prism dropped from nowhere building momentum over 3 months with like Lana a truck and some billboards then some online snippets the campaign wasn't entirely dissimilar.

All I'm saying is hype is there just not to a too massive degree. No more than BTD at this point.

I think she has a good level of hype but a strong fan base is a big part of that. Her fans seem to be pretty dedicated but perhaps there are more of them than we initially thought. Look at the media buzz surrounding her Coachella performance or her tour selling better and quicker than expected. None of the songs from Born To Die hit those heights on iTunes either, even if it is short term. I doubt this will be as big as 21 or anything but it'll definitely be in the same ballpark as Born To Die, with larger US attention and a high profile tour perhaps pushing it to bigger numbers. A couple of other albums were mentioned but Lana is more of an album artist than Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus are ever going to be anyway. Their hype is all front loaded on the singles.

My main interest is that the album is good though and I'm sure she'll deliver because I'm really liking West Coast.
  • Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I don't really care if it sounds like a 'lead single' or not. It's nice if your favourite singers are doing well in the charts etc. but I would much rather that they put out music that I enjoy than trying to chase popular/radio/chart attention.

Couldn't agree more.

When did people get so obsessed about chart positions and sales figures? It's all the majority of posters on this forum seem to care about to the point where the actual music is seemingly of secondary importance. I know it's the music business but incredibly soulless and boring.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US is slow about everything musically. Sam Smith's La La La is only starting to gain traction now, over there. :o

That coupled with SNL and Lana's music being the polar opposite of radio candy helps to understand why US success hasn't come easy, so far. It'd be a plus if her home country finally 'got' Lana, but I don't think she even needs them yet. Europe is ready.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she has a good level of hype but a strong fan base is a big part of that. Her fans seem to be pretty dedicated but perhaps there are more of them than we initially thought. Look at the media buzz surrounding her Coachella performance or her tour selling better and quicker than expected. None of the songs from Born To Die hit those heights on iTunes either, even if it is short term. I doubt this will be as big as 21 or anything but it'll definitely be in the same ballpark as Born To Die, with larger US attention and a high profile tour perhaps pushing it to bigger numbers. A couple of other albums were mentioned but Lana is more of an album artist than Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus are ever going to be anyway. Their hype is all front loaded on the singles.

My main interest is that the album is good though and I'm sure she'll deliver because I'm really liking West Coast.

Yes more fans due to the turn around during BTD's last leg putting her back to where she was pre SNL. As long as the US sticks with her of course Ultraviolence was always be bigger :p

But like you who gives a crap as long as the album is brilliant :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there any need to be so rude?

How on earth is that post rude? little-monster was just giving their opinion, which they are perfectly entitled to do. I am dumbfounded that anyone would think that post is rude.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Do you have some sort of issue with people questioning your opinion? I hope you realise that this is a discussion forum and not everyone is here to pat you on the back.

Little monster is angry at the world.
    And whyhelloworld over-hypes everything .

Just an observation :D :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »

Over-hypes everything? Huh? :D

ARTPOP, PRISM and Bangerz all got bigger opening sales than I predicted, as did Sam Baileys album! Not really overhyping! :p
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh, why are you tearing into my opinion on why i think Lana's popularity may have gone down. I should of said IMO i think this is why, but again, i don't need to justify myself on this place more than i have in the past.

It did take a long time until Young and beautiful. It was a song from a highly publicised and successful film starring three well known actors. It wasn't a song you could really escape from in terms of the film's advertising. Her SNL performance had put such a damper on the talent they failed to see, they clearly were not interested in what else she had to offer, until Young and beautiful.

But regardless of whether your right or i am right, i think it was slightly arrogant of you to completley shoot down my opinion in a way that seems to be you saying "your wrong, i'm right, so stuff it.

Wait a minute. I don't think I was tearing into your opinion -- I should have made that clearer -- and I agree that it took a long time until Young and Beautiful. I also agree that the SNL performance was damaging.

I just don't think the SNL performance alone is enough to explain why it took so long for opinion to change.

I think it was also the way the SNL performance + knowledge that she'd recorded an earlier album, had changed her name, and had a father with money, and then the claims that she'd had work done on her nose and lips, and had record company backing, fit a stereotype of someone who couldn't sing (based primarily on the SNL performance), had failed (the earlier album), and then was remade (name change, plastic surgery, new songs) and so was talentless, fake and manufactured.

(Then, over time, more and more evidence that she could sing live accumulated, and with the continual leaking of good new songs, and the quality of her pre-Lana work, once people started to listen, made her seem more and more like someone with considerable songwriting talent, and the stereotyping of her as manufactured broke down.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why are some of you getting so personal and ridiculous? No one has done anything wrong in this thread except posters like you being strangely aggressive and antagonistic.

Can't we just stick to talking about Lana and be mature about it? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great vocals, live performance of West Coast in Phoenix, Arizona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIa3JleKzOA

and Blue Jeans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LJakFZ4yPY&list=UU_3-BofosTxSuJcssfOhMZg
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Why are some of you getting so personal and ridiculous? No one has done anything wrong in this thread except posters like you being strangely aggressive and antagonistic.

Can't we just stick to talking about Lana and be mature about it? :confused:

i was joking/banter etc etc .
    dont pick my quote out im not involved in any squabbling.
    chill
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Haven't heard the song yet, will wait for the album, for extra excitement. I don't think Lana is capable of letting me down, so I do not worry.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »
    Great vocals, live performance of West Coast in Phoenix, Arizona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIa3JleKzOA

and Blue Jeans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LJakFZ4yPY&list=UU_3-BofosTxSuJcssfOhMZg

I saw this earlier on another forum. She looks so happy and confident. :cool:

(For a moment I thought she might be pregnant, due to the blooming) :o
  • DRAGON LANCEDRAGON LANCE Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank-you for that rbautz, superb performance from Lana!

Seems somebody has finally put up a decent enough phone video of the whole of the first Coachella concert too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCYq73V3QDw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was joking/banter etc etc .
    dont pick my quote out im not involved in any squabbling.
    chill

It can be impossible to tell if someone's joking, especially as people did seem to be bizarrely targeting little-monster for no reason I can fathom.

But I apologise if I got it wrong. :)

Back on topic, I am still listening to West Coast obsessively. It's one of the most addictie songs I've heard recently. Hope we don't have to wait too much longer for the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can be impossible to tell if someone's joking, especially as people did seem to be bizarrely targeting little-monster for no reason I can fathom.

But I apologise if I got it wrong. :)

Back on topic, I am still listening to West Coast obsessively. It's one of the most addictie songs I've heard recently. Hope we don't have to wait too much longer for the album.

For rudeness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For rudeness.

Where were they rude? I honestly can't see it. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where were they rude? I honestly can't see it. :confused:

I've already said so above.