BBC HD Help

LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have Raydons software installed on my Humax, I've just transfered a BBC HD program to my p.c, is there anyway to watch the file or even convert it so I can watch it? Thanks.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Raydons software installed on my Humax, I've just transfered a BBC HD program to my p.c, is there anyway to watch the file or even convert it so I can watch it? Thanks.

Not for the programme you have already recorded (it's encrypted). For future recordings the answer is yes. There is a small patch (courtesy of Nowster) that will record future recordings without encryption.
  • galleonslapgalleonslap Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I didn't know about the patch, so thanks Graham for that. I loaded it and checked the box recorded something manually in HD without encryption, great. However the normal recording schedule then didn't work. The reason is the time shown on the EPG was now 1 hour ahead of local time. Time on the front panel display is correct, however. Also found I couldn't access the box on the network any more and no network functions (like BBC i-player) worked. I did a factory default reset on the box and now i-player works again and Raydon's firmware is accessible from the network again. However, the EPG time is still an hour ahead... :mad: Suggestions? Thanks!
    Forum Member
    A follow-up, I just tried reloading the 4.0.8 firmware including the Humax part from a memory stick, but it fails, saying "E-ID Error" Oh! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know about the patch, so thanks Graham for that. I loaded it and checked the box recorded something manually in HD without encryption, great. However the normal recording schedule then didn't work. The reason is the time shown on the EPG was now 1 hour ahead of local time. Time on the front panel display is correct, however. Also found I couldn't access the box on the network any more and no network functions (like BBC i-player) worked. I did a factory default reset on the box and now i-player works again and Raydon's firmware is accessible from the network again. However, the EPG time is still an hour ahead... :mad: Suggestions? Thanks!

You have installed an out of date version of the patch. It came to light at clock change. The updated version fixes the problem.
    Forum Member
    You have installed an out of date version of the patch. It came to light at clock change. The updated version fixes the problem.

Thanks Graham, I've just removed it using telnet.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham, I've just removed it using telnet.
    ...and can confirm EPG time is now correct again! :D Thanks.
    Forum Member

To make sure I load the latest version, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To make sure I load the latest version, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks. :)

See post 217 in the CF main thread at AV forums.
    Forum Member
    See post 217 in the CF main thread at AV forums.

Thanks very much. :)