Katie Hopkins

Comments

• sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    I think she is hilarious.
    Me too. In a way also - I'm ashamed to say I'm actually starting to warm to her a bit! Of course she's been brought on to bring viewing figures up a bit and for entertainment purposes. The most boring thing about the whole thing is Wolly Hillabilly and her 'shock' expressions. They should get Katie to front the show for a week and give us all a break from the boring miss Hillabilly!

And on the subject of birthdays, parties, presents, etc - in these times of austerity - I think more people should take on board Katie's ideas.

Oh and as for that woman Shona - what a hypocrite.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panto villain on a panto morning programme. If they were so shocked and appalled by her views they wouldn't keep inviting her back on to make them. They (the producers) know exactly what they're doing and she's just giving them what they want.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually agree with Katie on this one. It's not always possible to have a birthday party on the exact day. She clearly loves her kids very much, but just gives them a party on the weekend where it can be celebrated as a family, together.

The other woman came across as a bit hypocritical to me. Going on about how children's birthday's should be celebrated on the day, when actually, she did send one away to boarding school and I bet she hasn't seen them on their birthday.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    I actually agree with Katie on this one. It's not always possible to have a birthday party on the exact day. She clearly loves her kids very much, but just gives them a party on the weekend where it can be celebrated as a family, together.

The other woman came across as a bit hypocritical to me. Going on about how children's birthday's should be celebrated on the day, when actually, she did send one away to boarding school and I bet she hasn't seen them on their birthday.

Or maybe she sees them on their birthday and not the other 364 days of the year!:D
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why does sending her child to boarding school make her a bad parent? Maybe they have scrimped and saved and sacrificed to give their child the best education possible. We don't know.

Having nannies attend your children's sports days, telling your children who they can be friends with, based on name, giving them a shared party every other year, plus all of the other nonsense she's come out with, IMO is worse than sending your child to boarding school.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    No she wasn't missing anything 'deliberatly'.

She was saying if she has to work on their birthday, her children's present are there for them if they wish to open them. Or they can wait and celebrate when they are there together as a family.

So what?

My father worked many Christmas's when I was a child. And we were given the choice to open our presents and celebrate on the day or wait for a day or two later when we could all celebrate together. As little kids we couldn't care less he wasn't there, his absence wasn't going stop us opening our presents (and actually we still got to celebrate when he was back). When we got older we chose to wait.

Most kids are actually mature enough to accept and understand that.

She is said that her diary is booked well in advance, she purposely is not at home on her children's birthday, they don't even get a card from her or a phone call to wish them a happy birthday, it gets ignored until the time when she will pay attention. Her son is four but has to make the " grown up choice" between opening his presents in a room alone or waiting. He will get a party shared with his sisters and his mother will not be there either because she misses birthday parties. She already missed sport's day and other school events because she finds work more interesting.
    She says that giving birth is unemotional and therefore her child's birth unimportant to her. She is well off and is able to choose her time, especially if most of her work seems to be tv interviews. Not the same as you Father, who no doubt loved you and did everything for his kids, and thought time with you was precious too. Not an inconvienice.
    Many parents have to work over Christmas, they are doctors, nurses, policemen but they do not ignore their children by being at work. People in Afghanistan at Christmas or on birthdays would give anything to see their children on those days. Katie chooses to miss those precious days, she choose who her children can have as friends by their name and she chooses to let nannies replace her at events that maybe important to her children.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, funny how people miss the constant comments about how she does celebrate, the comments that suggest the memory of a nice celebration regardless of when is what children remember. Yet they take everything else so literally.

I think Katie is a blast, the media love her because they know they can get a thousand idiots expressing their outrage to order (usually via the medium of twitter) because Holly Willoughby told them (or pulled a face to show) it's outrageous.

It's almost like This Morning is testing how stupid their audience are and how much they can push it. It's like Pavlov's dogs, Katie says something not very shocking and a thousand Helen Lovejoys feel a compulsion to take to twitter and go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

I think if she actually was to say something 'outrageous' their heads would explode... or more likely it would just go over their head because it would be about something that really matters.

The most outrageous thing about that interview was Phil and Holly's reaction when she made a comment about netmums like she'd burnt the Quran or declared a mafia boss was a big pussy. Not a website where a small vocal figger wagging minority will huff and puff and spend the next 24 hours expressing their outrage on a internet forum, while the rest of the world couldn't give a toss. But then the media rely on that small minority.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    She says that giving birth is unemotional and therefore her child's birth unimportant to her.
    So what if she does think giving birth is unemotional? Maybe it was. Birth is the process that doesn't mean you don't feel emotion towards the child.

Lots of people don't think birthdays are that important on the scale of things. That it is just a meaningless day where so many years ago you popped out. That it isn't a day you need to mark out as being anymore special than any other day. And that doesn't mean your child's birth is 'unimportant', doesn't mean you love that child any less. It just might mean you don't need a date on a calender telling you the exact time once a year when you should be that little bit more emotional over the fact you have children.

Katie might be a terrible snob and she might be harsh on fattys but she never suggests that people don't love their children because they act like x or do y and don't do z.That you can only be a loving parent unless you act by some dictated set of rules and it's those finger waggers she seems to take umbrage with. The passive aggressive suggestions from corners of places like netmums and the like that there is a right way that makes you a loving mother and if you don't follow it you don't love your kids. And that is far more disgraceful an attitude to have than anything Katie has expressed in my opinion.

I mean even when taking the mickey out of kids names she never ever suggests these parents don't love their children any more or less than she loves hers.
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I'd rather spend time with Katie that those netmum types. I think we do have a tendency nowadays to analyse every little thing we do as parents. I don't think my mum spent any time wondering if every thing she did was right or wrong, nor did she ever read a child rearing book or discuss her parenting with other mums, and we all turned out just fine.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Oh, man. She's STILL winding people up something rotten and people keep falling for it over and over again, which is a bit tragic. She'll say anything for attention! It's what she does - professional troll for hire. How obnoxious does she have to get before people see her act and quit paying attention? If the outrage stopped and everyone yawned, she'd bugger off quickly enough. As long as the panto villain act keeps paying out, she'll keep it up.

To be honest, I'm starting to think 'good luck to her'. Every time she talks transparent rubbish, half the country kicks off. Ignore her and she'll bog off.

Not so much referring to comments about her here - but elsewhere there is meltdown, which is exactly what she wants every time she opens her trap.

She's like Liz Jones and That Brick Creature. Obvious troll. It's a puppet!
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Katie might be a terrible snob
    She's more of a slag than a snob.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    Celebrating birthdays... who gives a monkey ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcfzHjwtIHo
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has given birth to three children and brags about going to work immediately, dumping them on nannies, who also go to sports day's, school concerts etc, because Katie is not interested.
    When she says having babies is no big deal, she is showing a lack of bonding with them, she didn't bother to bond. For her children, those birthdays will be a just another time when their mother was not there. They don't even get wished Happy Birthday or a card if it falls on the wrong day. Maybe it is just another day, but her son is four. Her children are walking candidates for serious mental health problems...What is one of her daughters is more emotional, than she is supposed to be? What is a child isn't A grade material? And what if one of them gets teenage puppy fat? She will be so critical, it will destroy them. She wants a world with less workers rights, she loves zero hour contracts, she is a discriminatry employer..BTW I would like Katie to tell Vanessa Feltz or Dawn French why she would find them unemployable?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Being her child sure sounds like a life of fun!

But yes, she's just desperate to be seen as a "controversial" person, like Miley Cyrus, and like Miley, she's just as transparent and sad.
  • monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next, she'll probably be saying there's nothing wrong with missing your loved ones funerals
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    Next, she'll probably be saying there's nothing wrong with missing your loved ones funerals
    Well to be fair, if they are going to be inconsiderate enough to die during a busy week what can they expect? Sure they're dead anyway, it's not like they'll know you weren't there.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair, if they are going to be inconsiderate enough to die during a busy week what can they expect? Sure they're dead anyway, it's not like they'll know you weren't there.

Just bung the Lithuanian cleaner a few quid to attend on your behalf and carry on running your gazillion £££££ empire doing, errrrr, what is it that she does again?
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how Katie says she's always working yet finds time to turn up on TV, radio shows during the daytime :D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how Katie says she's always working yet finds time to turn up on TV, radio shows during the daytime :D

Yep, that one's puzzled me a bit, too.

I STILL don't quite know what she actually does and how she appears to have so many people in her employ.

She makes it seem as if most of them are purely there for skivvying around after her. Well, more fool them if that's the case.

Like many, I find her presence on TV amusing rather than anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm starting to think 'good luck to her'.

Same here. People are obviously spoiling for a fight and love to be wound-up if they are STILL not just getting "upset" at anything she says, but responding to it.

FFS.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've unleashed her again on This Morning today to discuss the teachers strike....
  • BirdsworthBirdsworth Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Poppy" "India" and "Max".
    That's what she called her children.

The reason she is able to write so expertly about people with no class is that she's one of them.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do they keep bringing this woman on This Morning? She's on today discussing whether or not parents should be calling their kids fat.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though they banned her from This Morning?
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please can we all stop talking about this horrible disgusting old slag once and for all :mad:
This discussion has been closed.