Formal complaint aganst Job Centre Staff.

Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
Forum Member
I don't think there is any need for background to this so I'll get directly to the point.

How do I go about submitting a formal complaint of direct lying and misrepresentation against two local Job centre staff? And where and to whom do you send it?

Any help would be appreciated as I can find nothing about complaints on the gov site.

Comments

• HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is any need for background to this so I'll get directly to the point.

How do I go about submitting a formal complaint of direct lying and misrepresentation against two local Job centre staff? And where and to whom do you send it?

Any help would be appreciated as I can find nothing about complaints on the gov site.

The fatal flaw in your plan :D You cannot complain to the government, about anything, they are omnipotent and your masters.

This is what you are looking for:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Jobseekers/ContactJobcentrePlus/DG_186391

But in all seriousness any complaint will often get 'lost'.. or will never get anywhere, or will just be ignored, or even if it's read; will then just be binned without any action being taken.

I've tried to write to Jobcentre head office before, never heard a thing back.

[email protected] is an official email address.

Their 'head office' so to speak is:

Jobcentre Plus
    Cosham BDC
    Mitchell Way
    Southampton
    Hants
    SO97 4AB

J/C also advise that you can write to the specific Jobcentre concerned too; as they all have local managers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I think most likely there will be a form at the centre which you can use to complain. It might be called something like 'tell us what you think'. You could also ask one of the staff for a complaints form if you can not find one.

I found a little bif of infomaton near the bottom of this page:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Jobseekers/ContactJobcentrePlus/DG_186391

In my experience the staff there are awful.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it were me that was affected, I would request the office manager to contact me by telephone or even arrange an interivew with them at your own convenience.
    One of the staff at the local office would offer their name. If I remember rightly, their name is usually on any correspondence you receive from them.
    It's no good sending a letter to head office, it will just be posted back to the office manager.
    Let's know how you get on.
  • Mr_TartMr_Tart Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once had a suggestion type of complaint when they changed the job centre website so that you HAD to use keywords for a job search a few months ago. This means you could miss many jobs either because they have not been categorised properly or simply because you would never think of a certain job being suitable for you until you read the ad.

Anyway, my JSA adviser gave me contact details for the district manager but I never heard anything back.
    I'm sure if you kept documenting your correspondence and sent it recorded delivery then sooner or later someone is going to have to answer to your query but I wouldnt hold your breath.
    You could also take it up with your local MP?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it that happened that has made you want to complain? If you don't mind me asking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Very interesting post and one which I will be picking up on. I have just had the most awful service from 3 members of staff in a local job centre, all of them spewing out the wrong information and misrepresenting the service.

One lady who frankly is enjoying life with regards to her eating habits, blissfully informed me of her up and coming holidays and how much she's looking forward to it. Of course, I had no such luxuries.

The story continues but I will document things as I go.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

If you complain these days, you can get arrested for anarchism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Complain straight to the Chief Executive,
    Jobcentre Plus Chief Executive,
    6th Floor, Caxton House
    Tothill street, London
    SW1h 9NA

They will give you a reply within 15days - If you are still not happy and have not dealt with your complaint properly you can write to the independent case examiner. You can only contact after you get your final reply from the Chief Exec and within 6 months. Hop[e this helps.