Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yay! really looking forward to the next season with the Freak :) I think they've rebooted (lack of a better word) this really well.
  • petebluepeteblue Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    For those who haven't watched season 1 the links contain spoilers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I love this show, it's a shame we have to wait so long for the next series to air though.
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's reasonable to assume that season 1 viewers will not come in here if they don't want spoilers.

I'm seeing quite a few concerned tweets that Leeanna Walsman is not in the cast list for season 2, but no one can get answers. I would miss her, especially if we don't even see any of the fallout leading to Erica's downfall.

Pamela Rabe is unknown to me, but she certainly looks the part of a nasty screw/governor. She's an acclaimed actress so I have high hopes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's something to whet people's Wentworth appetites:
    danielle cormack ‏@daniellecormack
    Morning UK! Sitting in make-up getting the Bea face on. Thanks so much for all your tweets. #WentworthPrison #queenbea
    8:10 AM - 26 Sep 13
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A photo on the set of season 2:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=419910664776325

Note the reply saying April is the target for airing. That's close to a year after season 1 (premiere was 1 May). I thought it might be sooner.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those wondering whether Erica is in Season Two because she was left off the cast announcement and Joan being listed as the new governor don't worry. Leeanna is listed on IMDB as being in episode 1 so is staying.

I knew this must be the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I trust IMDB, but Leeanna is teasing us:
    Leeanna Walsman ‏@WalsmanLeeanna 11h
    So is this when Im supposed to tell you the truth about my return? I'll probably need more followers to expose that truth ........
    35 FAVORITES 38 RETWEETS
    11:01 PM - 23 Oct 13
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More news about season 2 trickles out, including how the Freak operates.

Kate Atkinson (Vera):
    "Coming back for a second season, you cannot underestimate the effect that knowing people are actually watching it has on the way we are operating this time."

NOTE: Big season 1 spoilers here. Just hang on for two more days if you aren't finished it.
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/19581260/wentworth-kate-atkinson/
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when this is airing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Jacs gonna be in Season 2?

I really hope she is as she was great and it wasn't definite that Bea killed her.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are filming for a few more weeks and it will probably be shown in Australia in April. No date has been confirmed yet, and I don't know when it will be shown here.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Good news for you all. It's been recommissioned for a third series before the second has even aired.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/01/renewed-wentworth.html

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this is airing?

No date for Australia has been announced, but Foxtel has just begun repeating series 1, so my guess is season 2 will start soon after that (nine weeks away). For the UK it's anyone's guess.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Good news for you all. It's been recommissioned for a third series before the second has even aired.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/01/renewed-wentworth.html

:D

Yay :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news about a 3rd season.

The new series will kick off with a shock death.
    I'm hoping its not Erica. I can't see them killing her off so quickly besides its already out there that Leeanna hasn't been part of the full time cast so if they wanted it to be a secret eg: Meg, they wouldn't have revealed this.

No word on any new characters other than Joan either. I hope Chrissie Latham is going to feature.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Is Jacs gonna be in Season 2?

I really hope she is as she was great and it wasn't definite that Bea killed her.

It's clear from what the producers have said about season 2 that Jacs is dead. She was a great character, but I guess it was necessary for Bea's development that she be killed off.

The new series will kick off with a shock death.

Does it kick off with a shock death or just have one in it somewhere? Thinking back, when I heard about that I don't remember mention of when it occurs. The Twitterverse is terrified that it's Franky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this needs to be spoiler protected, since the show itself has made the shock-death announcement and published the cast list. One reason against it being Erica is that if it's her that would make two dead governors in a row, which would be a bit of a stretch credibility-wise, even if it's not a violent death this time.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Erica and perhaps it will pave the way for the character of Anne Reynolds to be introduced some time in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a resident of Melbourne I've been curious about exactly where Wentworth Correctional Centre is. Until I watched repeats of S1 (currently screening on SoHo) I only knew roughly where it was. I believe I have finally found it, and seen the outdoor compound in Google Earth. It turns out that I regularly pass within 150m of it by train. And the key to finding it was one of Franky's fan letters!
  • davo1980davo1980 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I was (and still am) such a big fan of prisoner cell block h. I know a few people who haven't taken to wentworth as they compare it to the original. I am really enjoying wentowrth as it is a nice new take on loved characters and the acting is top notch imo.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really can't wait for Series 2! I love all the characters to be honest, so I'm gutted there is gonna be a shock death! At the same time though, I'm sure the show will just be as good as Series 1 and I'm excited for the new storylines.
  • davo1980davo1980 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Really can't wait for Series 2! I love all the characters to be honest, so I'm gutted there is gonna be a shock death! At the same time though, I'm sure the show will just be as good as Series 1 and I'm excited for the new storylines.

I can't wait either for series 2 I'm so glad it's been commissioned for season 3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think its Erica who is the shock death because they wouldn't have let it slip Leeanna wasn't part of the main cast this season. Remember with Meg? they billed her as the main character in all the build up promo only to then turn everything on its head by killing her off at the end of episode 1.

I think it might be someone low key like Kim. That way it frees up space for new prisoners to come in. I'm surprised we haven't heard of any new prisoners yet. I'm still clinging onto the hope Chrissie Latham will feature.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will want to keep any new prisoners from PCBH under wraps for as long as possible. Ideally not until they show up in an episode, but they can't resist letting cats out of bags earlier for promo value.