Sons of Anarchy - Season 5 (UK Pace on 5USA)

NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This usually starts mid to late January so not far off now.
Anyone else looking forward to it ?

No spoilers please if you have seen it.

Comments

• thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Yeah looking forward to it. I hope, but I doubt it will be back in January. Listings have been confirmed up until Jan 25th and still no sign.
  • jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this to come back. Loved S4, best by far for me!
  • FishyFooFishyFoo Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Have seen this whole series and I won't spoil anything, but it's by far the best so far. Begins off the scale and continues till the end. :)
  • cliftonhillcliftonhill Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I suppose it's down to the violence and storylines in general which make you somewhat sympathetic to the criminals that prevents which programme showing on more mainstream channels, which is a shame. I came to this late due to the obscurity of 5USA but have marvelled at it ever since and can't wait till it starts again!
    Forum Member
    Both 5USA and 5* struggle from the fact that they are little known and they have a couple of great shows like Sons, Justified and Archer. Just a shame Channel 5 don't promote it more.
    Forum Member
    At last! Sons of Anarchy is coming back to the UK with season 5 on 5USA in the 1st week of February! Exact day and time TBC next week.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    thetvking wrote: »
    At last! Sons of Anarchy is coming back to the UK with season 5 on 5USA in the 1st week of February! Exact day and time TBC next week.

Oh thank you for that, Im just finishing up season 4 now :)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Back Wednesday 6th February at 10pm to be exact.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

Brilliant, thanks for the info. Just saw a trailer for it earlier tonight but they just said 'starting soon'.
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I am expecting. Just waiting for it to be confirmed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    This usually starts mid to late January so not far off now.
    Anyone else looking forward to it ?

No spoilers please if you have seen it.
    5 was the best season. Very intense. One of the best seasons of any tv show ever.
  • valdavalda Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to see it all again and be able to talk to my friends about it:cool:
    Forum Member
    The air date for Season 5 has been confirmed today as Wednesday February 6th at 10PM on Channel 5USA.

http://www.thetvking.com/news/511/sons-of-anarchy-season-5-uk-air-date-confirmed-by-channel-5/

Just as @Dancc predicted. ;)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woohoo...resisted usa pace,glad five are ready to start their engines!
    Forum Member
    just a quick bump for tonight at 10pm on 5USA, don't miss it.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Just about to start on 5 USA (Freeview 31).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen ep1. Thought it was a bit of a slow start to the season actually, but an interesting ending...

I've heard this series is supposed to be brilliant, so pleased it's back!
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    is this repeated anywhere only just found the thread and missed it last night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's repeated on Saturday night at 10.40.
  • After ForeverAfter Forever Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    It's also on Catch Up Demand 5 in HD, much better than 5 USA's blocky picture!
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have this back.
    Some new characters, seems interesting. Some old storylines continuing. Looking forward to seeing where this season goes.
    Jimmy Smits is usually good.
    Gemma v Tara seems to be hotting up after they seemed to be getting pally.
    Opie out of the club again.

The writing for Clay is a bit weird though. He seems almost back to his old self. Last season 'Bad Clay' took over and now 'Bad Clay' is gone. Seems like a lot of what he did last season was out of character and done purely to progress the story in a particular way. This bohters me a little. A minor flaw in an otherwise great show.

The sound quality on 5USA is terrible. Shame this isn't on 5 in HD and 5.1. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to wait for a UK broakcast.
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to have the Sons back with a nicely paced opening episode.

I liked the irony of Clay carrying around a ventilator a la Piney....

Couldn't place Jimmy Smits at first, so it was a nice 'Ah yes' moment after I checked up the ep on IMDB. He looks to be a good addition to the show, along with Harrold Perrineau (Damon Pope).

Shame about Leeroy though; wasn't expecting him to be offed (and it being done behind closed doors).

I can tell this will be revving up to be another great season....
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never watched SOA, but do watch Outlaw Empires, a documentary series on American gangs, which is also written by Kurt Sutter. It is absolutely brilliant, but I'm not really into drama; I would prefer to learn from what I watch - I'm like a sponge - and (call me weird!) true crime, serial killers, the mafia, murder cases, et al, are intense interests of mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first episode and thought it was fantastic, as usual. :D
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant to have the "old" Opie back last night, him decking the cop was the highlight!!