What's this JFK conspiracy film?

Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
Forum Member
✭✭
I wonder if anyone can help with this film?
I saw it about 20 years ago and it looked like a 70's production.
I've forgotten most of the plot, but I remember it took several twists and turns and it ends with the hero (who is being hunted by 'dark forces') digging up from the desert (possibly in an old car wreck) the rifle that was used to shoot JFK.
I'm sorry I'm so short of info and I can't even recall who was in it, but it was intriguing and I'd love to see it again.
I've tried using a keyword search on IMDB but nothing obvious pops up.

Comments

• Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie, you're a star. That sounds like it could be the one, although I don't recall Lancaster or Ryan in it. But as I can't remember anything else about it that isn't surprising.
    I've had an eye out for this film for ages now, and when Rich Hall mentioned 'Executive Action' in one of his excellent documentaries I made a mental note to check it out.....then forgot.
    Thanks again, if it's available on DVD I'll treat myself!
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually "Flashpoint" from 1984.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that's even more like it - the wrecked jeep in the desert does the trick. I'll hop over to Amazon and see if they have it. Mind you, Executive action sounds like my kind of film, so I may end up getting both.
    Thanks!
    Forum Member
    Saw Executive Action many years ago, it was a very good movie that I'd love to see again.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Wow, that's even more like it - the wrecked jeep in the desert does the trick. I'll hop over to Amazon and see if they have it. Mind you, Executive action sounds like my kind of film, so I may end up getting both.
    Thanks!

You're welcome.
    Forum Member
    If you like 70s conspiracy movies, The Parallax View is worth a watch if you haven't seen it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071970/?ref_=nv_sr_2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes indeed, I am a conspiracy film lover. I'm not that keen on the Parallax View though, it seems to be all over the place and a bit lame, although if it came on the telly now I'd watch it.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you think of 'I as in Icarus' (with Yves Montand as a lead)?