Which shops do you refuse to step foot in?

Comments

• rhythmbanditrhythmbandit Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I worked at Toys R Us alot of the customers I approached were 'just browsing'.

How can you just be browsing? Either buy something or get out!
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I worked at Toys R Us alot of the customers I approached were 'just browsing'.

How can you just be browsing? Either buy something or get out!

Blimey-no wonder you don't work at Toys R Us with that attitude! ;)
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fi~ wrote:
    nothing wrong with asda imo

I think its a Southern thing and to do with Asda's northern English roots.

Same deal for Sainsbury's in Scotland took them a long time to crack Scotland as they were viewed as being too posh up here. Even now they are mainly based in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and posh places like Stirling.
  • rhythmbanditrhythmbandit Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not anymore thankfully. I decided to move on after getting ZERO hours.

My manager had the habit of telling me to approach as many customers as you can, ask them if they want any help.

I should've had a sign on my back saying 'I AM HERE TO HELP YOU'. I WAS an ADVISOR after all.
  • Knuxs7Knuxs7 Posts: 3,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdoris wrote:
    Any high street mobile phone shop.

It's impossible to even look through the window without one of the overweight, suited 30-something year old blokes with spikey hair, bad aftershave and duff ties to come rushing over like demented weebles and ask if I need help.....

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! I'm walking along the pavement! Do I look like I need help? Cretins. :mad:

In our town they have now taken to coming out onto the street to grab at passers by. :rolleyes:

I think its stupid when shop assistants do that!

Maybe the other till isnt working, or the shop assistant has been told to keep that till "light".
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha! I'm never going to Asda at night ever again - just went to my 'Open 24 hours' store for a browse of the clothes and was followed by a store detective - haha! She was about 5ft 2 and looked like Miriam Margoyles!

I was just aware of this woman turning into every aisle I did. Feeling a bit weird, I headed for the check out , did a 270 degree turn unexpectedly and caught her muttering into a walkie-talkie. Buuuuusted!

Talk about making your customers feel unwelcome, uncomfortable and downright paranoid - I'm never going to a quick post-pub shop ever again!!
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote:
    The connurbation of towns to the immediate west of Birmingham would be a simple explantion although the truth is too complicated to explain
    Irony bypass... :p
  • Sir HarveySir Harvey Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I would never even do so much as go near the entrance of any Brighthouse stores, pawn broker shops or any type of charity shops.

You would have to drag me into any of those type of stores with extreme brute force before I would ever be seen in any of those type of stores! :p
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    That moment when you realise youre reading a six year old thread. :D
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game

Although I have, under duress.

Total displacement.

And the only place I have felt like complete alien.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    I would never even do so much as go near the entrance of any Brighthouse stores, pawn broker shops or any type of charity shops.

You would have to drag me into any of those type of stores with extreme brute force before I would ever be seen in any of those type of stores! :p

I refuse to go in Starbucks because of their tax avoidance scams.
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Ha! I'm never going to Asda at night ever again - just went to my 'Open 24 hours' store for a browse of the clothes and was followed by a store detective - haha! She was about 5ft 2 and looked like Miriam Margoyles!

I was just aware of this woman turning into every aisle I did. Feeling a bit weird, I headed for the check out , did a 270 degree turn unexpectedly and caught her muttering into a walkie-talkie. Buuuuusted!

Talk about making your customers feel unwelcome, uncomfortable and downright paranoid - I'm never going to a quick post-pub shop ever again!!

I get followed in just about every shop I go in, as soon as I start looking at something an assistant appears right next to me with a trolley or pallet and starts unnecessarily stocking up the shelves. Asked a friend if I looked really shifty but she said it always happens to her as well!

I'd like to not set foot in these places again but that would mean no shopping pretty much anywhere! :(
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't actually refuse to go into them, but I'm pretty glum if I have to trawl around shops selling row upon row of packets of screws or car/bike products. It just makes me miserable.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    That moment when you realise youre reading a six year old thread. :D

I wonder how many shops listed in this thread have gone bust since it was started all those years ago? :D
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Game

Although I have, under duress.

Total displacement.

And the only place I have felt like complete alien.

Oh yes I know that feeling! There's a second hand games shop where my son has asked me to get things for him and you'd think the other customers had never seen a female before, not sure who was more scared, me or them!
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saggy1 wrote: »
    I am thrilled to be able to post that I don't want to ever set foot in Evans.I have lost nearly 5 stone and don't ever plan to have to shop in Evans again as long as I may live!!The fun I'm having finding out what my slimmer style is has cost me a fortune but it's great!!

Lidl is good for kids sweets and biscuits!!

Stay out of Lidl then if you want to stay out of Evans!! :D
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kwik Fit. (Not really a shop I know)

1) The extra they charge on top of the price of the tyre for balancing and a new valve

2) They always seem to find extra things that need doing

3) If there is a queue, you can't go and then come back. You've got to wait there
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »
    I wonder how many shops listed in this thread have gone bust since it was started all those years ago? :D

I wondered that, when I suddenly realized how old it was!!

I don't discriminate against any shops because of the perceived social background. I've finally found one i won't enter though, and that's Starbucks, because of their funding of the apartheid wall in Palestine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I will go into any shop - who cares it is just a shop.I never knew there was such a thing a shop snobberry.
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Halal !
  • peonypotpeonypot Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a cafe/resturant/ice cream parlour in my high street, its been there donkeys years . It's family run and its a really large premises.

They dont allow buggies...it's an ice cream parlour ffs.
    They may as well just ban children.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StarBucks - over priced hot water

Boots -
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »

I trawled back and had a look , a few have .
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Looks like this thread was started back in the days before shops became renamed “stores”.

I must be the only person in the country who still calls them shops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Nandos
    You walk in and queue to get a table.
    You queue to place your order.
    You have to get your own cutlery and condiments.

Apparently Nandos staff are the happiest in the industry. Well I'm not bleeding surprised - They don't do any bloody work.

Been there twice and each time I gave myself the tip!!! :-)