Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting annoyed at the feedback forms for Ben's place, just as much as I did when I first saw it!

Grrrr
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Single' Steve is just a miserable grouch with zero personality. Not liking the woman with the bog brush hair either. Too nit picky. Such pointless moaning at breakfast about one teaspoon. I'm sure they'd have bought you some more if you'd asked!! :rolleyes:
    Have seen these episodes before but can't remember who won. I'd like to think it would be Ben and his Grandmother (whose seems an absolute joy!), but I don't think they will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Have seen these episodes before but can't remember who won. I'd like to think it would be Ben and his Grandmother (whose seems an absolute joy!), but I don't think they will.

I cant remember either but like you, I have a feeling they dont win :(
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be like Lilian when I'm 81...

...which means I've got a heck of a lot of interesting living to pack in during the next few decades. :eek:

I can shoot a straight arrow, though so I suppose that's one step in the right direction... :D
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking the woman with the bog brush hair either. Too nit picky. Such pointless moaning at breakfast about one teaspoon.
    And that whiny voice - and whiny husband... so you and t'other Steve don't hit it off... quit being offended by it - on camera... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting annoyed at the feedback forms for Ben's place, just as much as I did when I first saw it!

Grrrr

That was annoying, their place looked brilliant. Definitely somewhere I'd stay if ever on the Isle Of Wight. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    And that whiny voice - and whiny husband... so you and t'other Steve don't hit it off... quit being offended by it - on camera... :rolleyes:

Her voice is annoyingly whiney

They're definitely the game players on that particular week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a horrible feeling the first couple will win, purely due to 'tactical' payments on their part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This programme always makes me crave a full english...no matter what time of day I watch it :mad:
  • mathsbunnymathsbunny Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    Hopeless old romantic that I am - I kept hoping Sandy and Brummy Steve would get together...

Why does he have to be 'Brummy' Steve? He can't compete with Moaning, Game playing,Carrot Crunching 'Devon' Steve imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    I know what you mean gillie because our choice of pictures is very personal to us.

Christa I have a variation to your tale (lovely picture btw). One day I was watching Escape to the Country and was transfixed by a picture on the wall behind the people wittering on. There was no possible way I could find out about it but I fell in love at that moment.

Probably two years later I decided to google a water colourist who's picture I have and love but never thought to look up.

Can you imagine how I felt when I saw that 'my' picture was one of hers? It's mine now too!

http://www.lucywillis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=28&Itemid=57

ETA. Scroll down - it's Running Hare.

The other picture I have is above right - Midday Hour.

I actually chose my living room colour scheme before I knew the hare would ever be mine - camel sofas and white walls :o

What a great story! I'm glad you found your picture, and the other one, they are lovely.

I like 'The Roe Deer' by Lucy too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a horrible feeling the first couple will win, purely due to 'tactical' payments on their part.

You were right :mad:

I had forgotten that Ben and Lillian came last. I remember the outrage now on here at the time!
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    matchmaker wrote: »
    I agree. I work as a cleaning manager in a self catering resort with about 40 cleaning & supervisory staff to deal with....
    Sorry to cut short your post matchmaker, I just wanted to say that I reckon you really earn your money. I've done my fair share as a proprietor of a wine bar and bistro many years ago, but I think I had a lucky escape and we didn't have too much grossness to deal with. How some people behave is totally beyond me, and I do mean totally.
    I loved that Isle of Wight hotel - the location, rooms and views were just wonderful. It is one of the few properties that have really stuck in my mind over the series and if I were ever planning to be in the IoW, I would definitely look into booking there...
    I want to be like Lilian when I'm 81...

Oh me too, it looked very smart and with the addition of a trained chef. I suppose Ben's brother had to stay behind to keep the business going, but Lilian was a massive asset as well as having an awful lot of experience in the business, so much more than just a travelling companion.

I didn't see it today, but I still how easy on the eye Ben was and how awe inspiring Lilian was, I think iirc she reminded me of Honor Blackman and woman like her.
    *note to self, must sharpen up :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were right :mad:

I had forgotten that Ben and Lillian came last. I remember the outrage now on here at the time!

Not surprised to hear that, definitely the wrong one's won today. And the Isle of Wight place coming last, that's was a shocker. :eek:

People's determination to win this programme, (usually at the expense of making themselves look petty and pretty unpleasant in the process), totally mystifies me! All they win is a crappy looking plague. The only thing of real worth they can possibly gain from taking part is some publicity and the useful chance to portray themselves as the sort of people whose places you might consider using if ever in their area and you needed accommodation. A fact which seems to go right over a lot of contestants heads.
    Forum Member
    Torch, it's definitely one of the shows where the 'Real Winner' phrase is applicable, isn't it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Torch, it's definitely one of the shows where the 'Real Winner' phrase is applicable, isn't it.

Definitely!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Indeed - 'real winner' or 'moral victor' are apt phrases to use .

On a different note, there's obviously something about men called Ben who participate in this programme *sigh*
    Forum Member
    Are you on the wine again Nick? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just goes to show you.

Ben and Lillian came last today and yet to this day, I still remember their place and as I've said before, if I ever go to the Isle of Wight, would definitely look into staying there....

Winning that stupid plaque doesnt always equate to actually being the winner does it.....
    Forum Member
    The very suggestion... I'm perfectly sober this afternoon!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    The very suggestion... I'm perfectly sober this afternoon!!!

Shame on you :D

I've just poured myself a fruity little red :p
    Forum Member
    Starting a little early aren't we BirthdayGirl? It's not 5.00 yet... :-)
    Forum Member
    Actually it's gone 5 now... Where did I leave that cork screw?
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    They were lovely, but they were stitched up by that awful couple (her who looked like Gina Gold from The Bill and her husband), all becuse their room in Ben's B&B only had an en-suite shower room rather than a bathroom...:rolleyes:

I watch this one today (I didn't watch the first few series:o) That couple were awful and were game playing even they denied it :mad:
    Ben was cute :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    This programme always makes me crave a full english...no matter what time of day I watch it :mad:

Me too :mad: All I can have is fried egg on fried bread as that is all the breakfast stuff I have :cry:

I am watching CDWM .. I now want that to eat :D
This discussion has been closed.