Panorama: America's gun addiction

2»

Comments

• alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NRA and Tea Party set up Gun Appreciation Days.... there were several negligent discharges... http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/19/1473881/two-people-accidentally-shot-at-a-gun-show-safety-checkpoint-on-gun-appreciation-day/?mobile=nc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    I consider myself to be so lucky that I don't live in the USA. What a bizarre nation.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    Funny ha ha?......

No, funny as in mental headcases. That tea-bagger politician for instance.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, funny as in mental headcases. That tea-bagger politician for instance.

These people are always wide-eyed with a glazed expression a frantic head nodding, I can't have been the only one to notice....
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    They should have played clips from some US comedians - although they would have to be bleeped.

Chris Rock was spot on saying there was no need for gun control -
    "Guns don't kill people, bullets do - so make bullets cost $5000 each.
    There would be no drive-by shootings - they couldn't afford it.
    Any dude got shot, you would KNOW he deserved it !!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad guns are not sold to the public here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Collecting guns in case the government becomes corrupt???...what is the plan here looooool a Coup d'état? civil war? - and who will lead this glorious 2nd revolution ??....... An inarticulate drag queen in a polyester suit - Im floored these ppl are loopy.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tothegrand wrote: »
    Glad guns are not sold to the public here.

You may like it, I'm not happy to live in a country where Government have guns and we aren't allowed them.

That's not really a Free Society is it ?
    It's a dictatorship

America IS a free society.

That's the difference, we roll over and let Government rule us, In America Government rules by consent of the people.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    You may like it, I'm not happy to live in a country where Government have guns and we aren't allowed them.

It's a dictatorship

That's the difference, we roll over and let Government rule us, In America Government rules by consent of the people.

Michael Moore - bowling for Columbine -

Two of the Beatles attacked by deranged fans;

John Lennon lived in the USA - shot dead
    George harrison lived in the UK, stabbed but survived.

Reason - Harrison's attacker couldn't get hold of a gun.

(Aside from the "dying of cancer tragically early bit" I know which one I would rather have been.)

Germany and Canada have more guns per head than the USA, and aside from some nastiness over causing two world wars, both Canada and Germany have much lower gun murder rates than the USA by huge factors.

It is not necessarily the gun ownership, but coupled with the American "blood-lust" then you get 27,000 gun deaths per year against 4 in the UK (1989).
    Being that wasthe year of Hillsborough, there were more deaths at football matches in the UK than there were gun deaths.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 'pro gun' in the documentary gave a reasoned or logical answer to the question as to why anyone needs a weapon capable of taking a magazine clip of ammunition. In fact I don't think I even heard anyone attempt to give an answer.

Texas seems to be the favoured place for the 'nutters' and criminally insane to build up their arsenal. "Got a driver licence mate?" No problem. May as well pick up a few rocket launchers as well.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member

It's a dictatorship

Yes, I define a free society as one where any lunatic is free to walk into a school and kill children too.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member

It's a dictatorship

Utter nonsense. Citzens are allowed firearms, it's just that in the UK the requirements for posession are extremely stringent.

In the US they let any old moron get a machine gun.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    Typical tea party nutjob prophesying the future collapse of American society and potential marshall law. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are these people for real?

The woman from the Tea Party was scary, people actually vote for these clowns. :eek:
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a dictatorship

Get yourself a plane ticket to Montana and join a Militia then. Prepare for the global apocalypse and all the canned goods you can eat.
  • NefratiNefrati Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Michael Moore - bowling for Columbine -

Two of the Beatles attacked by deranged fans;

John Lennon lived in the USA - shot dead
    George harrison lived in the UK, stabbed but survived.

Reason - Harrison's attacker couldn't get hold of a gun.

(Aside from the "dying of cancer tragically early bit" I know which one I would rather have been.)

Germany and Canada have more guns per head than the USA, and aside from some nastiness over causing two world wars, both Canada and Germany have much lower gun murder rates than the USA by huge factors.

It is not necessarily the gun ownership, but coupled with the American "blood-lust" then you get 27,000 gun deaths per year against 4 in the UK (1989).
    Being that wasthe year of Hillsborough, there were more deaths at football matches in the UK than there were gun deaths.

And in the area around your country millions dead in the last century.

So how does the body count actually tally up.
  • NefratiNefrati Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    No 'pro gun' in the documentary gave a reasoned or logical answer to the question as to why anyone needs a weapon capable of taking a magazine clip of ammunition. In fact I don't think I even heard anyone attempt to give an answer.

Texas seems to be the favoured place for the 'nutters' and criminally insane to build up their arsenal. "Got a driver licence mate?" No problem. May as well pick up a few rocket launchers as well.

Because these "documentaries" aren't concerned with fairness, just bias.

No one in the documentary mentioned that magazine clip size wouldn't have made a difference either, no pile of children are going to rush the shooter while he reloads, in any case as the virginia tech shooter showed us, fixating on the type of weapon is simply foolish, he managed to top the kill count with just 2 pistols.