XBL Arcade releases

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been done before but it seems we need a thread dedicated to new arcade game releases on XBL.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Joy-Ride-Turbo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125e

I tried this game yesterday after my son downloaded the trial. It's fun with 2, 3 or 4 players. I'm deffo after "Mad Riders". <<< trial/demo available now :)

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah this thread is probably a good idea. We see quite a lot of releases on XBLA these days, this week Joy Ride Turbo, Dragon's Lair Kinect and the 2 Sega Vintage packs. I quite liked the Joy Ride Turbo demo, it seemed a much better kart game that I thought it would be.

To help kick this thread off, some recent good news is that Serious Sam 3: BFE and Serious Sam Double D XXL will be heading to XBLA this summer. :)
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Good idea. Maybe this thread should be pinned?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    If this thread is pinned then it'll probably make my 'whats new to xboxlive thread' obsolete, as i try to post up regular updates on new xbox live games on that one as regularly as i can.

There's only me and 2D on there anyway, so maybe try this one and i'll ask them to unpin mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry He4rt, I didn't know you had a thread already. I would have been posting on it myself if i'd known.

I have to recommend "Joy Riders". It starts of fairly easy but get to the 300 grand prix and you have a decent race on your hands. It's fun trying to find the short cuts that lead to the upgrade boxes you need to unlock other vehicles. I haven't tried the online game but I would imagine it's quite good fun (i'm trying to unlock all the car parts first).

Who's up for some racing mayhem lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Joy Ride Turbo* I always get the name wrong lol
    Forum Member
    TBH I don't think there's any need for a sticky as this forum is not populated enough and a quick bump will bring it back up if it gets lost (which is, let's face it, quite unlikely lol). This thread could be useful for XBLA discussion and the other thread for what's new to XBL, deal of the week, special offers etc.

Yes Joy Ride Turbo, looks like it may be a bit gash but it has some really nice gameplay, for 800 MS points there's a ton of content, tight controls and the novelty of racing with your avatar is pretty cool.

Check out the new trailer to Deadlight here It's looking seriously f***ing awesome now. I'm guessing it's going to be headlining this years Summer of Arcade promotion.
    Forum Member
    Also forgot to mention Anomaly Warzone Earth is selling for 320 MSP for some unknown reason. XBLAfans reported it the other day but they are not sure if it's a mistake or a genuine price reduction, though it only come out the other week. Its' a really fun game and they done a great job in particular in getting the controls just right, it makes all the difference in this type of game. A steal at that price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Dead Light looks slick :)
    Forum Member
    So did anyone try/buy Mad Riders? Was quite surprised how much of a Nail'd clone it is, only the jumps are not nearly as spectacular, the sense of speed isn't as good and nor are the controls. But, it does do a few things differently (shortcuts/tricks) and the variety of vehicles seems quite good. I'll pass on this one but recommend that if anyone likes it to check out Nail'd as that's a great little game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep tried it and bought it. I haven't tried "Naild" though but i'll see if there's a demo for it and check it out :)
    Forum Member
    Cool, I think you'll probably enjoy it mate, very cheap too.

I am really enjoying Bejeweled 3 atm, well worth 600 MSP, best in the series for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah m8, Bejeweled 3 is an excellent game. far better than the 2nd one. I'm looking forward to Zuma's Revenge coming to XBLA :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks fun. Not sure of release date though

http://bangbangracing.com/en/home
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    This looks fun. Not sure of release date though

http://bangbangracing.com/en/home

Its out on Wednesday along with - Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another game i'd like to see coming to XBLA is Torchlight 2. Anyone know IF it's been confirmed ?.
    Forum Member
    OK so the XBLA Summer of Arcade titles for 2012 have now been announced:

Hybrid
    Deadlight
    Wreckateer
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD
    Dust: An Elysian Tale

Gonna be a good one! I've been participating in the Hybrid beta and if you like cover shooters you should enjoy this, it's a bit different bit has some really nice gameplay.

THPS HD, Deadlight, Dust: An Elysian Tale (which reminds me a bit of Astal on Saturn, incredible looking game) will all be day 1 purchases for me.

Also if you buy at least three games you get 400 MSP back.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting on THPS HD for months. Day one for me, I can't wait.
    Forum Member
    Here are some release dates for you guys.

June 13th
    June 20th
    • Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 Trailer

June 27th

June 29th
    • Mini Ninjas Adventures Info
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really need to get my wireless adaptor sorted out so many games I want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bang Bang Racing. I bought this game this afternoon and i'm not sure what to think of it. There's straight races, time trials, elimination races and then there's a 6 race championship.

I found it quite easy on the normal setting so went onto the hard setting and that seems better, more of a challenge. The circuits are quite short but can be fun. There's sand, water, oil and the like to be avoided on track and some tracks are snow covered. New cars can be unlocked by finishing 1,2 or 3 in races.

Not bad for 800ms points but it's better with 2 or more players.
    Forum Member
    11 minutes of gameplay footage from Dust: An Elysan Tail here.

As you can clearly see, some beautiful hand drawn art in this side-scrolling action RPG with "Metroidvania" elements. Day 1!
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bought dragons lair..

its good:)
    Forum Member
    I still think Full House poker is one of the best arcade titles out there.My friends and I still play it quite often and it's nice to play when we just want to chill out at night without getting into a full on game that will require lots of concentration.

There are quite a lot who play multiplayer on there aswell and it's still easy to get in to a tournement with randoms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11 minutes of gameplay footage from Dust: An Elysan Tail here.

As you can clearly see, some beautiful hand drawn art in this side-scrolling action RPG with "Metroidvania" elements. Day 1!

Do me a favour m8. Quit posting about all these new games that are being launched, your costing me a fortune and my "must have" list is getting longer lol. Seriously though, That footage looks amazing and there's some excellent looking games coming to XBLA :)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do me a favour m8. Quit posting about all these new games that are being launched, your costing me a fortune and my "must have" list is getting longer lol. Seriously though, That footage looks amazing and there's some excellent looking games coming to XBLA :)

i just picked up 4200 msp for the first time ever, not sure how long they will last me though:eek: