Deus Ex Human Revolution

Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone preordered this?? Looks a great game, maybe a contender for game of the year.

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a thread in Gaming: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1271127

(although that's obviously not 360 specific)

I pre-ordered from GAME. I received a dispatch email on Saturday, but the game hasn't turned up yet. Either they sent it via some sort of 2nd class horse & cart, or they have given RM/whoever instructions not to actually send it out until today/tomorrow.

I don't particularly need it to turn up early (I'm still replaying the original game), but it's kind of annoying that they made me think I'd get it early...
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Ordered the 360 version for just £20.97 in a limited offer from a company called Gamestop at around 4pm yesterday, received it today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received it yesterday and I love it. However I have an annoying niggle. When using the tranq gun and you are spotted by the guards the tranq gun no longer works on the guards who are shooting at you :confused: I don't know if it is by design (the guards are full of adrenaline) or just an oversight. Also a guard clipped right into the wall and dissapeared and then re-appeared. Not game breaking but I hope it does not happen too often. Still a great game though and it just ticks all the boxes as a game for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I've been enjoying it, the world is really vibrant and detailed, I don't like the voice actor for Jensen, sounds too monotone.

Has anyone else come across a dialogue bug on the Motherly Ties quest, after collecting the evidence etc, I go back to talk to Cassandra to complete the quest, there is 3 speech options, after exhausting all 3 options, Jensen and Cassandra just stand there not saying anything, thus not allowing me to complete the quest, I've checked online and there is other people experiencing the same problem :(
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Finished it today amazing game. Just one little hint for everyone
    DON'T GO TO LIMB CLINIC in china ! If did do its not big deal just makes a certain boss hard you will know what I'm talking about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    ^^ This is what the bug I mentioned looks like guys...you do all three chat options and then.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edSFmHYA28Q

thus not allowing you to finish the mission
  • gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    I've been enjoying it, the world is really vibrant and detailed, I don't like the voice actor for Jensen, sounds too monotone.

Has anyone else come across a dialogue bug on the Motherly Ties quest, after collecting the evidence etc, I go back to talk to Cassandra to complete the quest, there is 3 speech options, after exhausting all 3 options, Jensen and Cassandra just stand there not saying anything, thus not allowing me to complete the quest, I've checked online and there is other people experiencing the same problem :(

Just completed that quest and didn't have a problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I love it, but im stuck on the first boss, anyone know how to take him down?
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    onmehed wrote: »

I threw the gas canisters and the red explosive ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onmehed wrote: »

Yeah I had the same problem the other day, took about 8 attempts before the big guy finally went down. I just played hide n shoot with him, tried luring him to the explosive barrels, then shoot them, got there in the end.

Really into this game just now, its being sat on my HDD for months so I thought it was time to make some progress with it.

Finding the stealthy aspect quite difficult though, I get to impatient or miss a security camera and that's my cover blown, but its fun trying again. It's also good that I can save at any point in the game, which makes going back and trying different approaches very easy and gives me chance to hone my sneaking skills.

Don't know why I haven't played this game properly before now because I've being missing out on a great game.

Anybody else playing this?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good game, better than Invisible War but not quite up to the highs of the original Deus Ex. I'm hoping a sequel comes or maybe a reboot of the original, with nothing changed other than HD graphics. Would be good to play JC again.

FPS is more of a challenge to play stealthily. But once you get the hang of it you'll like it.

As for the first boss, did you try using the (can't remember what it's called) Tazer then hitting him with full auto fire / peppering with shotty while he's stunned?

I completed this on my old GT and have just started it again on my new one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually having a second playthrough of this at the moment.

For bosses, you only need one thing... TYPHOON (upgraded). It's worth the 3 Praxis points.

For the *final* boss fight, make sure you have the laser rifle (I think that's what it's called). It lets you beat the very last boss before the fight has even started!

The boss fights were, for me, the absolute worst part of this game. Totally out of place by-the-numbers boss fights, which were especially annoying and out of place if you were playing stealthily and so didn't have any combat related augs.

My current playthrough is stealthy (again) + hardest difficulty + non-lethal, but I still went for the Typhoon aug purely for the stupid boss fights.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    The boss fights were, for me, the absolute worst part of this game. Totally out of place by-the-numbers boss fights...

I seem to remember something going around regarding the boss battles having been outsourced by the dev, hence the radical difference between play types.

Still seems stupid, though.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Boss fights, talk about old school. Enjoying the game but stuck in that computer room. All the wrong upgrades of course, ammo low. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why add boss fights for the sake of it, is there a rule in the game developers handbook which state a game needs bosses, if the game would benefit from no bosses then it shouldn't have any.

I've only fought the first boss and I didn't really enjoy it.

They should have just added more side-missions, which I enjoy immensely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, the boss fights were outsourced for some stupid reason. Really unnecessary sections that just seem bolted on...

On my original playthrough, I didn't have the Typhoon in time for the first fight, so had to run around shooting barrels. Great fun :rolleyes: After that, I made sure I got the Typhoon, and for this second playthrough I made sure I got it straight away.

Also, a boss hint that jjesso123 first mentioned in this thread back in 2011:

When in Hengsha, China, the second time...
    DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR IMPLANT CHIP THING AT THE LIMB CLINIC!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to save my praxis (I think that's right) points for the typhoon, thanks for the tip.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed playing through this game. I thought the visuals and soundtrack was fantastic throughout, it really caputred the essence of the futuristic nature. Keep looking for those air vents!