First Listen: Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Music: Miley Cyrus -"Wrecking Ball"
What do you think of this song? It is suppose to be a song on her "Bangerz" album.

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It makes me confused. Didn't she say recently that she doesn't like her old music? This is SO 2009 Miley, it would fit perfectly onto The Time Of Our Lives.

I expected something more urban but I really like this! Her album cover though is the bad kind of Wow.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I really like this. However I'm really surprised she chose to release this is a single as I don't think it'll be an instant hit like 'We Can't Stop'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like something she could have released in her Hannah Montana days. The song title is very imaginative but the song is bland..
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,164
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a rejected P!nk or Kelly Clarkson song.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it think it's quite good.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Sounds like something she could have released in her Hannah Montana days. The song title is very imaginative but the song is bland..

not really
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

I mean in a sense it's not simple like the artist she is :rolleyes:
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is Dr Luke or Max Martin, isn't it? I'd bet anything on it being either of those.

It's pretty bland for this whole new bad girl out to offend everyone image she's taken on, I thought she was a completely different person making completely different music out to show everyone how different she was? I have agree that it'd fit on any of her old albums, Hannah Montana or Can't Be Tamed. I liked We Can't Stop, this isn't terrible, but it's disappointing considering.
  • ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #1 on US iTunes at the moment. I like it.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is Dr Luke or Max Martin, isn't it? I'd bet anything on it being either of those.

It's pretty bland for this whole new bad girl out to offend everyone image she's taken on, I thought she was a completely different person making completely different music out to show everyone how different she was? I have agree that it'd fit on any of her old albums, Hannah Montana or Can't Be Tamed. I liked We Can't Stop, this isn't terrible, but it's disappointing considering.

yeah, it is dr. luke.:D

i actually really like this song. it could fit on previous albums, but i do think it does have an eighties "power ballad" sound, which is somewhat in keeping with the album cover at least.:o
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #1 on US iTunes at the moment. I like it.

Oh dear. This horrible little tramp deserves none of the success she's having. The song is dull imo.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For someone who is claming to be urban & wants to be edgy, it's surprisingly not urban. It's standart efficient pop.

At least I don't think she'll twerk in the video... hopefully.
    I can only imagine a standart sort of video going along with a song like that.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's good and it's also an interesting move to put out a ballad after the tone of her recent single and VMA performance.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is like two songs in one for me....I love the bridge and the middle-8 sections, but the chorus is so bland and generic
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song still sounds great.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    For someone who is claming to be urban & wants to be edgy, it's surprisingly not urban. It's standart efficient pop.

At least I don't think she'll twerk in the video... hopefully.
    I can only imagine a standart sort of video going along with a song like that
    :D:D:D
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I really like this. However I'm really surprised she chose to release this is a single as I don't think it'll be an instant hit like 'We Can't Stop'.

And it turned out to be an even bigger hit than We Can't Stop!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it really been nearly two years since this was released?! :o Not a Miley fan, but still think this is an excellent song.