X Factor Judging Panel - How it should be changed up

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Panel's on these talent shows have gotten quite stale over recent years. I don't think the 2 managers 2 singers or a panel full of singers truly works. I think the best panel is one that is diverse and different, which offers perspectives from a variety of people within the music industry. I believe a panel consisting of

A Manager
A Singer
A Radio Presenter
A Record Producer OR Choreographer would be much more interesting.

It means the contestant would be getting varied opinions and could potentially grow far greater than having a rather specific panel. I think that is how the show of american idol worked so well. They had Simon the Manager, Paula the Singer and Randy the music producer

For the UK series 11 I think a reinvention of the show starting with a panel that is diverse is what it needs. We need different opinions and views.

My suggestion would be -

Manager - Simon Cowell
Singer - Paloma Faith
Radio Presenter - Chris Moyles
Music Producer - Fraser T Smith

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too keen on your suggestions, but I completely agree with the 'positions' you've suggested. I've always thought a radio presenter would be perfect. They know the music trends, and they know what's popular.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Could be quite interesting.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on your suggestions, but I completely agree with the 'positions' you've suggested. I've always thought a radio presenter would be perfect. They know the music trends, and they know what's popular.

Everyone will probably have different ideas on who would be good on the show. The reason I picked them is because they have the right balance of knowledge, experience, charisma and humour
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    changing the judging panel around will just be like re-arranging the deckchairs on the titanic if they cant find a way to get better talent into the lives
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the comic relief like Louis? :D
    Forum Member
    and if they gonna change the panel to try and get better credibility into the show the judges need to give realistic feedback rather than the persistent fawning we get now over dismal performances
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Where's the comic relief like Louis? :D

Paloma and Chris can be really funny
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    and if they gonna change the panel to try and get better credibility into the show the judges need to give realistic feedback rather than the persistent fawning we get now over dismal performances

that's why I think that having a varying panel like this could great a create technical and performance feedback during auditions and live shows
    Forum Member
    that's why I think that having a varying panel like this could great a create technical and performance feedback during auditions and live shows

that would require a bit of a policy change in the way they "control" the show however as it doesn't matter who the warm bodies sitting in the chairs are if they are just following a script
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Get Scott Mills as a judge... he's got experience now helping out at Judges Houses on XF Serbia :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Scott Mills as a judge... he's got experience now helping out at Judges Houses on XF Serbia :D

possible screen test ??
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Scott Mills in BBC Radio 1, though?
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    Isn't Scott Mills in BBC Radio 1, though?

Yeah well the OP did say 'Radio Presenter' as one of the judges