Bad News Greendale Human Beings :(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Chevy Chase making his last appearance as Pierce in Season 4...

Donald Glover has decided he want's to move away from Community and will only be appearing in 5 episodes of season 5 (of the 13 ordered)

I'm pretty sure season 5 is going to be the last now ... the Greendale 5 are dispersing :(

I was always pulling for a #6seasons miracle ..

Season 4 wasn't up to scratch but with Dan Harmon back for season 5 lets hope it goes out with a bang

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this has more to do with his rap career than anything else. He's not just an actor, he also does stand up as well unlike the majority of the cast so I can't blame him for wanting to expand his social profile further.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn. Probably the most talented member of the cast. Big blow for the show.
  • BobbyDrakeBobbyDrake Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Gutted! I don't think I would miss Chevy that much but will definately miss Donald. Oh well I guess this was almost definately the last season anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I think this has more to do with his rap career than anything else. He's not just an actor, he also does stand up as well unlike the majority of the cast so I can't blame him for wanting to expand his social profile further.

He's also done comedy writing (notably for 30 Rock - where his impression of Tracy Morgan was discovered to be so accurate they used to get him to stand in when Morgan wasn't available for audio recordings), and recurred in season 2 of Girls, which was interesting and actually rather enjoyable to see him playing somebody a little bit more mature and intelligent...
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    That's a shame :(. Season 5 should be the last - as much as I love the show the last season wasn't as great and now they've lost 2 main cast members.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man, he's not even that good of a rapper. He should stick with Community.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand him wanting to move on with his career, BUT this is clearly the last season and abandoning it at the last hurdle and only starring in 5 episodes is extremely insulting to the show's viewers who've supported it and allowed it to survive all these years. I mean, what's a few more months...?
    Forum Member
    I understand him wanting to move on with his career, BUT this is clearly the last season and abandoning it at the last hurdle and only starring in 5 episodes is extremely insulting to the show's viewers who've supported it and allowed it to survive all these years. I mean, what's a few more months...?

Maybe he's fed up of being screwed around by Sony and NBC? First Harmon's out, then he's (possibly) back in. Chevy Chase has left. It won't be the same show, he's abandoning ship before it properly shits on the fans...

He also has a new sitcom for NBC, a film for Lionsgate and a new album he's working on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's fed up of being screwed around by Sony and NBC? First Harmon's out, then he's (possibly) back in. Chevy Chase has left. It won't be the same show, he's abandoning ship before it properly shits on the fans...

He also has a new sitcom for NBC, a film for Lionsgate and a new album he's working on

That'll be it then. Why be part of an ensemble if you can be a lead with top billing?
    Forum Member
    That'll be it then. Why be part of an ensemble if you can be a lead with top billing?

He's writing a sitcom loosely based on his life, it's currently unconfirmed if he's starring or not. Though imagine he'll pull a Tina Fey and do both...