What does the red light switch do on fridge/freezer?

I have a bosch classixx fridge freezer I bought of second hand, It didn't come with a manual, I have a switch that turns a red light on or off, I am wondering what way it should be on or off?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    I have a bosch classixx fridge freezer I bought of second hand, It didn't come with a manual, I have a switch that turns a red light on or off, I am wondering what way it should be on or off?

Use google and search for the manual for your make and model.
    Manuals for just about everything available online these days.
  • hanndavhanndav Posts: 2,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think most of the time a red light would be a power light. What happens when you turn it off? Does the light still come on when the door is opened?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a 'quick freeze' feature. My freezer has one except it's a slidy switch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hanndav wrote: »
    I think most of the time a red light would be a power light. What happens when you turn it off? Does the light still come on when the door is opened?

It does yeah, the mind boggles really, Time for google I think
  • stillrockinstillrockin Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the red light is generally the fast freeze option and it's a green light to indicate that the power is on.

..that's how it works on my freezer, anyway.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    I thought the red light indicated de-frost mode was switched on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am gathering it should generally be turned of, its either defrost or fast freeze so doesnt need to be on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Put your model number in here for the instruction manual. You have to follow the link.

Bosch Manuals
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know the model number and its not on the back
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know the model number and its not on the back
    It's probably somewhere inside your fridge freezer. Maybe down bottom left? I have a Bosch fridge and a Bosch freezer, and that's where the plate showing the model number is located in both of them. You'll probably have to take out a storage drawer to see it, though.

See the Fridges & Freezers section of this page:

http://www.espares.co.uk/findingmodelnumbers.aspx#a3

It includes this:
    Fridges & Freezers

In a fridge, or fridge-freezer, the rating plate is usually on the fridge inner walls, often it's hidden at the bottom (to the left side) of the salad compartments and only accessible with the compartments removed. If you can't find it there, it may be on the outside of the casing or lastly try the back.

Freezers - usually at the very bottom of the inside of the freezer compartment. Again, if it can't be found inside, try the sides and the back.
    There are diagrams on that page showing likely locations for the plate.