Tulisa's debut might miss Top 10

MartimaterMartimater Posts: 337
Forum Member
http://www.gigwise.com/news/78011/tulisas-record-label-panic-that-debut-album-will-miss-the-top-ten

Seems to me that you just can't flog a dead horse these days anymore. It's no wonder then why X Factor has been slipping down the ratings table each weekend

Comments

• ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On pre-orders it's not even on the iTunes top 300! The reviews have been absolutely horrendous, either 1 or 2 stars. For someone who has such a huge amount of exposure, it's very embarassing.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The album is dreadful. She has the same shouting strained voice across the whole thing. She hasn't been a success on The X Factor this year, but I still think the album could make it into the top 10 (or close) last minute due to the promotion and the fact that the show is watched by her target audience.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    The album won't make the top 10. It's been obvious for months already. Young is a terrible song to use to see an album (although Live It Up and Sight of You are better, but they're not very well-known).

It's a good album though. I like most of the songs. But I think it'll miss the top 20 tbh. The promotion isn't as good as you think. Tulisa being on TV every week isn't going to make people buy her album. You need good album-selling hits that get lots of radio airplay, and Tulisa hasn't had any. Young isn't a very good song.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her tweets are just horribly, horribly desperate as well:

@officialtulisa: Who's pre-ordered my album? If you tweet me a picture of it ill follow you!

Basically getting kids to pay a tenner for a follow on twitter. Urgh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it'll be a hit in Ibiza.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    On pre-orders it's not even on the iTunes top 300! The reviews have been absolutely horrendous, either 1 or 2 stars. For someone who has such a huge amount of exposure, it's very embarassing.

thats lies considering its at 149 on itunes chart on pre orders alone so stop making stuff up about someone you hate
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

@officialtulisa: Who's pre-ordered my album? If you tweet me a picture of it ill follow you!

again with the hate tbh your desperate tbh and shes not getting kids to pay tenner for a follow shes saying if you want the album pre order it and show her and she will follow you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she really misses the top 10 with all the promo and exposure she has and has tonight it would be one of the biggest flops ever. She should be aiming for #1.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    again with the hate tbh your desperate tbh and shes not getting kids to pay tenner for a follow shes saying if you want the album pre order it and show her and she will follow you

She sounds desperate tbh.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    It'll still do better than Kelly R's last year. I don't think hers even broke into the top 50.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    yeh the tweet was pretty desperate this sums it up http://www.banana-bombe.com/2012/12/buy-tulisas-new-album-or-she-will.html
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope so. Talentless singer, and a truly vile person. It's depressing that someone like her has managed to become such a big 'star'
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Hope so. Talentless singer, and a truly vile person. It's depressing that someone like her has managed to become such a big 'star'

A bit harsh

you don't know her to say she is a 'vile'. She's not that bad man.:confused:
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    A bit harsh

you don't know her to say she is a 'vile'. She's not that bad man.:confused:

A bit harsh? I don't know her personally, but I do know that she is constantly foul-mouthed and moody, screams abuse at anyone who dares to disagree with her on anything (especially on Twitter), and got with a footballer who had a pregnant girlfriend at the time, then had the shameless temerity to call the girlfriend a "psychotic obsessed nutta" when she wasn't happy with it. And all this as if to try and seem like she's some kind of strong, tough woman, or as she likes to think of herself, 'The Female Boss' :rolleyes:

So yes, she is vile.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She did that with her last single Live It Up.......

Her performance yesterday was embarrassing. She should have phoned in sick.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That XF performance would have put off casual buyers, too. Tulisa is a charisma-free zone, and isn't interesting enough for a solo career.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So am I right in thinking that if you tweet a picture of her album you're meant to literally take a photo of it to somehow prove that you actually bought it?

Is that what she actually means?
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I think she means a copy of the pre-order invoice? It really is the last word in desperation...
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Her mistake was waiting this long to release the album, had she released it back in the Spring when Young was everywhere and selling like hotcakes she'd probaly have a platinum album on her hands by now.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone who has actually listened to the album tell me if it is any good?
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really should have released it after young or even last year as last year she was quite popular this year she is disliked by a lot .
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »

It's actually an ok album. But the style of music on the album isn't really suited. She has found her sound just yet.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    icanboogie wrote: »
    I think the album is actually alright some stand out tracks on there but people some people won't give it a try and slag it of just because it's Tulisa
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    It'll still do better than Kelly R's last year. I don't think hers even broke into the top 50.

booboo her album was realeased in July before X Factor. November was a re-release basically, deluxe edition whatever you call it and it charted at #23 which isnt bad for a re release
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That does come across as desperate.

Do you really believe she made that offer out of the goodness of her heart? So her fans have a chance of being followed by her?