Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I've also met Lee Sharpe, nice guy took the time to sign everything even though he was late. Also met former Rangers and Everton player Davie Weir, seemed quite pleased that I asked him to sign his book. Have also met Neil Warnock and he was nice, had my picture in local paper with him. Met Jasper Carrott in February, top guy, met him when it was pissing down with rain outside Wakefield Theatre, he took me in through the stage door and we had a chat, a pic and he signed a couple of things for me. Off to see Terry Christian on Saturday in Manchester, Suggs in April at Wakey and Frank Skinner in June at Manchester Apollo, so I hope to meet all three and will post in the future. Never met a celeb or famous footballer who has been rude...YET!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rei wrote: »
    Pixie Lott- Extremely sweet but mind-numbingly stupid. (Didn't meet her in any professional capacity either, friend of a friend of a friend type social event).

I'm not surprised, she doesn't come across as terribly bright in interviews.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Can't deny the music was good in the eighties, but the weirdness of his opinions, like saying animal rights groups should be like the IRA, got me down.

He's a grade one idiot, who compares meat eaters to paedophiles. To be honest, it all smacks of desperate publicity seeking. Can't deny that some of The Smiths music was brilliant, but I've never heard a good word said about him as a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey1985 wrote: »
    Peter Capaldi, can't say enough nice things about him.

Took my young nephew who lives in Wales to Cardiff when I knew they were filming DW, and even though it was pissing it down this fella was signing for everyone and chatting and photos with whoever asked, and didn't once looked annoyed as more people were turning up, even though he looked frozen to death.

That's lovely to hear. I have always enjoyed watching him acting, so it's nice to hear that he's a good guy in real life :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Plant is friends with my Mum's friend, and she says he is absolutely lovely. He used to go to gigs at Wolverhampton Civic, but instead of wanting any VIP treatment, he always just used to stand at the bar and chat with other people at the gig. My brother sat a couple of seats away from him at a football match, and said how nice he seemed as well.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Joey1985 wrote: »
    Peter Capaldi, can't say enough nice things about him.

Took my young nephew who lives in Wales to Cardiff when I knew they were filming DW, and even though it was pissing it down this fella was signing for everyone and chatting and photos with whoever asked, and didn't once looked annoyed as more people were turning up, even though he looked frozen to death.

Friends of mine also live in Cardiff and met him recently (they took the sproglings with them, but I think they were just a pretext ;) ). They also report that Capaldi was charming and seemed genuinely delighted to be chatting to fans, even though it was cold and drizzly and he only had a light jacket on. Poor man must have been shivering inside.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the comments on Peter Capaldi. He seems like a top bloke. Really looking forward to him becoming Dr. Who.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Loving the comments on Peter Capaldi. He seems like a top bloke. Really looking forward to him becoming Dr. Who.

I spoke to one of the aforementioned friends again this evening and Capaldi came up in conversation. My friend said that there were quite a few people there waiting for autographs, and Capaldi's attitude was basically "I can't believe that all these people want to talk to me". I don't want to put him on a pedestal (that never ends well) but everything I've heard about him suggests that he is an exceptionally decent human being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I met Harry Styles not too long ago and he was very quiet and unassuming also very down to earth didnt have much time to chat understandably but he was very nice to my younger sister and me.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    I spoke to one of the aforementioned friends again this evening and Capaldi came up in conversation. My friend said that there were quite a few people there waiting for autographs, and Capaldi's attitude was basically "I can't believe that all these people want to talk to me". I don't want to put him on a pedestal (that never ends well) but everything I've heard about him suggests that he is an exceptionally decent human being.

...and a very humble one at that, so it seems!

Unbelievable that he can 'morph' into the foul mouthed Malcolm Tucker! Perhaps he's his naughty alter ego who gets to 'escape' when he's acting! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, she doesn't come across as terribly bright in interviews.

Or even in her music videos. She always has a vacant grin on her face. Bless her :p
  • groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim Davidson - total **** and alcoholic. I worked at the club he refurbished in GT Yarmouth in the mid 1990's - He was pissed as a fart and stank of booze at 8am in the morning and would even take the foreman for a pint in the Pavilion Pier at the stroke of 11am.
    I was only there for 4 days doing firproofing and on my last day I asked or his autograph for my Nan who was a fan, **** told me to **** off.
    So before I left I took a piss in the toilet pan (It was not even plumbed in yet :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff Capes tickled me under the chin and said I was cute when I was in my pram outside a shop at 2 years old :)
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my friend was in Liverpool last weekend and saw someone she thought she knew and dragged him to have a conversation with her ,eventually he escaped from her and after soemone came up and said you know that was Jamie Rednap don't you?, apparently he'd sat there chatting to 67 year old Glenys as if they'd known each other for years he must be a really nice bloke, although where i work they areall saying that he's probably going around saying you will never believe it I finally met Glenys !
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Davidson - total **** and alcoholic. I worked at the club he refurbished in GT Yarmouth in the mid 1990's - He was pissed as a fart and stank of booze at 8am in the morning and would even take the foreman for a pint in the Pavilion Pier at the stroke of 11am.
    I was only there for 4 days doing firproofing and on my last day I asked or his autograph for my Nan who was a fan, **** told me to **** off.
    So before I left I took a piss in the toilet pan (It was not even plumbed in yet :D

At my local theatre I used to know some of the tech crew, Jim walked in and saw they had Bose speakers thoughout and said some rude stuff and walked out and refused to go on ....
  • xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby player James Haskell - total w*****
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I served Timmy Mallett in work on Saturday, he seemed rather nice and full of life at 10am! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I was tiding up my department in the store I work at today and Chris Simmons (Mickey Webb) from The Bill came over from across the aisle and asked me about shelving. He was such a charming, polite guy with a big smile.
  • BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Going to meet Suggs in two weeks and then going to try and meet Les Dennis in Manchester on the 19th of April. Will post updates soon.
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Flintoff , in a mini supermarket about 9PM last summer Just me & him in the store , when I got to the till he was having his photo taken with the two assistants , signed autographs as well .
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to meet Suggs in two weeks and then going to try and meet Les Dennis in Manchester on the 19th of April. Will post updates soon.

Unless he has changed over the years, you'll find Les Dennis friendly and chatty.;-)
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone met the Hairy Bikers? They seem a laugh. I'm not really interested in 'celebrities' but those two seem like they would be fun to hang out with
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    Unless he has changed over the years, you'll find Les Dennis friendly and chatty.;-)

Les Dennis' autobiography is a great read. I highly recommend it.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once met actor James Bolam. He was on location, shooting with other actors.

I didn't know any of them, so I said hello to James, 'all right...'

Well he totally ignored me, as if I were the Invisible Man. :D

I think it was that detective show he was recently in on BBC1. Can't remember its name.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Les Dennis' autobiography is a great read. I highly recommend it.

I only ever read non-fiction so I'll look out for that one.
    Thanks.:)