Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    That new Carol McGiffin ad .... oh well if you can't get enough of "loose women" you now have her on an ad (I think its for kitchens) :eek:

It's about getting rid of an old boiler. I think it's supposed to be ironic that its her saying it.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    For all those who are not a fan of the pretentious perfume ads, you might like the advert for Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask (a new show starting on Dave). I'll say no more! :p

Seen it, brilliant parody:D "why don't you like my new shirt" lol.
  • RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any advert that features a babyish, bland female singer whining along to an 80's ballad (making it their own!) - one that springs to mind is the herbal tea one.... "if i coooooould, then i wooooooould, i'll go wherewever you will goooooo" urrgggh! :(
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    It's about getting rid of an old boiler. I think it's supposed to be ironic that its her saying it.

I didnt think she was an "old boiler" :D
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I didnt think she was an "old boiler" :D

Chris Evans did.:D
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irn Bru advert with "Fanny." Just really grates on me!

Any mascara or perfume advert too. I love mascara but I don't need someone with fake eyelashes and a professional make-up artist telling me that their mascara works that way. And perfume ads just do not make any sense!!!

Just seen a Greggs advert "Why bother making it yourself when you can..." Basically spend your money on food you don't need that is gonna contribute to making you fat. If you don't like what you're making yourself for lunch then change it.

I'm in a rather bad mood today :p
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sky ads with the people amazed at being able to watch movies on their iPads.

All that's missing is the eager clapping of hands, swinging their feet and saying excitedly, 'Shiny!!! Shiny!!!'

Talk about treating your customer base with contempt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    The Sky ads with the people amazed at being able to watch movies on their iPads.

All that's missing is the eager clapping of hands, swinging their feet and saying excitedly, 'Shiny!!! Shiny!!!'

Quite a mixed bag of freaks. I particularly enjoy pointing and laughing at the Chinese bloke whose head is too big for his face.

I treat these adverts with equal contempt to that they treat us with.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    For all those who are not a fan of the pretentious perfume ads, you might like the advert for Alexander Armstrong's Big Ask (a new show starting on Dave). I'll say no more! :p

Haha that ad did make me laugh :D I like that show, so looking forward to the new series :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    All moisturiser ads for wrinkles, bags etc and the model is only in her 20's or less :mad::mad:
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pukka Pie advert is quite funny.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazz_x wrote: »
    Irn Bru advert with "Fanny." Just really grates on me!

Any mascara or perfume advert too. I love mascara but I don't need someone with fake eyelashes and a professional make-up artist telling me that their mascara works that way. And perfume ads just do not make any sense!!!

Just seen a Greggs advert "Why bother making it yourself when you can..." Basically spend your money on food you don't need that is gonna contribute to making you fat. If you don't like what you're making yourself for lunch then change it.

I'm in a rather bad mood today :p

Agree on that Irn Bru ... aye he'll grow up in a bunch of fannies:confused: :eek::rolleyes: .... good way contempt your child to bullying in later life :eek:

Thank god no one out there has called their child Fanny or am I just wishing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »

And yet they speak about "catching up" on it all either on Sky News or Sky Go .... Sky Go shut up!

The next ad will contempt their viewers with someone from TOWIE :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Yeah the McDonald ads are the worst, they're trying to advertise like how they're some pivotal part of our lives.

First it was the "See you Lataaa, what does that even mean?" ad, what do you think it bloody means love. And now it's bonding with your step son over heart disease.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scientology now advertising on itv ! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Quit Smoking ad ..... Ok thank you for the info on cancer etc but I don't smoke and I find the ad a turn off!

Yes and what will happen when people stop smoking?? You going after the people that "keep fit" next ... its like a vicious circle here!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    Scientology now advertising on itv ! :eek:

I've seen posters for that on the underground - "Think for yourself" etc... ironic that a religious, probably evil, cult is saying "Think for yourself" (!) :eek:
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I've seen posters for that on the underground - "Think for yourself" etc... ironic that a religious, probably evil, cult is saying "Think for yourself" (!) :eek:

Yes it's the same advert now extended and on TV :eek:
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one encouraging healthy eating with the cartoon characters slobbing out on a couch
    All that slurping is utterly revolting have to mute it:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    The one with Patsy Kensit wanting to get her confidence back.......there's a shot of her feet from behind as she's walking in heels that bugs me beyond reason. Wonky, wobbly walking. No idea why it bothers me, but it does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Still can't work out why they are propelling maltesters into the air? eat them!!!!

It shows how light and fluffy they are, Silly! :)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    RedHed wrote: »
    Any advert that features a babyish, bland female singer whining along to an 80's ballad (making it their own!) - one that springs to mind is the herbal tea one.... "if i coooooould, then i wooooooould, i'll go wherewever you will goooooo" urrgggh! :(

Yep

Twee singers are a common complaint on this site, and rightly so.

Enough is enough.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Except.....he says he'll have 'three amusing guests...'

So that'll be Millican and two others.:(
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Chris Evans did.:D

Talk about pot and kettle, has he looked in the mirror lately.
    Forum Member
    best boy wrote: »
    Except.....he says he'll have 'three amusing guests...'

So that'll be Millican and two others.:(

Probably David Mitchell and Jack Whitehall:rolleyes: be nice if he had Ben Miller on though.....innit :D
This discussion has been closed.