Season 16: General Discussion, Videos, Pics, etc.

Comments

• DWTS_FanDWTS_Fan Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Lily, really enjoying it so far!!
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are the scores.

Kellie and Derek
    Carrie Ann- 7 Len- 7 Bruno- 7 for a total of 21/30

Victor and Lindsay
    Carrie Ann- 6 Len- 6 Bruno- 6 for a total of 18/30

Ingo and Kym
    Carrie Ann- 7 Len- 6 Bruno- 7 for a total of 20/30

Lisa and Gleb

DL and Cheryl
    Carrie Ann- 4 Len- 4 Bruno- 4 for a total of 12/30

Zendaya and Val
    Carrie Ann- 8 Len- 8 Bruno- 8 for a total of 24/30

Sean and Peta
    Carrie Ann- 7 Len- 6 Bruno- 6 for a total of 19/30

Aly and Mark

Dorothy and Tristan

Wynona and Tony

Andy and Sharna
    Carrie Ann- 6 Len- 5 Bruno- 6 for a total of 17/30

Jacoby and Karina
    Carrie Ann- 7 Len- 6 Bruno- 7 for a total of 20/30
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Zendaya is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zendaya is going to be the one to watch. I'm pretty sure she's the first Disney star to top in Week 1. (just remembered Sabrina)I love her even more.

And poor Cheryl. :eek:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the show - here are my 'five thoughts' if you like.
    1) I think the marking was a little off tonight - to my eye, Victor seemed a tad better than Lisa, and I don't think Dorothy was as good as three sevens.
    2) They've really sped up Domino!
    3) Lisa probably should have actually danced with the dog (which in its own right sounds like a strange euphemism) - it'd make it more interesting, anyway.
    4) Poor Cheryl.
    5) I'm not won over by Contemporary.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    My thoughts
    Kellie - Loved her! Really enjoyed her performance
    Victor - Really nice guy, enjoyed his performance a little, but nit winning material
    Lisa - No. just no.
    Ingo - very forgettable, not that good
    DL - Poor Cheryl :p
    Zendaya - expected not to like her, but what a great dance!
    Sean - he was alright, not much else
    Aly - Wow! Great dance, brilliant moves
    Dorothy - Very likeable and very cool
    Wyonna - wanted to like it as I like her, but I didn't :(
    Andy - Surprisingly brilliant!
    Jacoby - good for a sportsman!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Random fact: This is Cheryl's lowest score in all fifteen seasons that she's done.

Jacoby adds himself to the long list of Chad, Hines, Donald, Emmitt, Jerry, Warren and Jason - fun football players with a lot of potential. (Bare in mind that all those footballers came in 1st to 4th, too)
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the links everyone.
    I don't think they should do contemporary so early.
  • sunshine6405sunshine6405 Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the links. Thought week 1 was not too bad overall. I actually liked the contemporary dances, to my surprise. Zendaya was the highlight of the night and only 16 years old. I am not a Val fan, especially after all the lovey dovey stuff with Kelly last season, but he put together a great routine for Zendaya. So he may be back in my good books :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My rankings would be:

1. Zendaya and Val
    2. Kellie and Derek
    3. Aly and Mark
    4. Jacoby and Karina
    5. Ingo and Kym
    6. Dorothy and Tristan
    7. Victor and Lindsay
    8. Wynonna and Tony
    9. Lisa and Gleb
    10. Andy and Sharna
    11. Sean and Peta
    12. DL and Cheryl

I actually thought Sean was overmarked. He looked quite stiff and uncomfortable IMO.

I was also a bit unsure on the training packages - there was more of a biography of their life and that meant less about any of the pros, who kinda fell into the piece. Saying that though, hearing about Dorothy's story made me warm to her more and I think she's now one of my favorites. (mentioning that - I think Dorothy should have perhaps swapped with Sean with dances - Dorothy would have fitted the Foxtrot a lot more)

I hope Wynonna stays on for a while as she's got the potential to be a jourrney contestant, methinks!

Finally...did anyone else think DL might be an okay dancer? I certainly did. Obviously not, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and apparently Zendaya's Jive song is "Stuff Like That There" by Bette Midler.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Ah so like the UK Version they all dance twice before someones eliminated?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links Lili.

Seems Zendaya and Kellie are the ones to watch, thought Sharna's choreography was the better of the three new pros.

There are a lot of the couples that look promising this year, but rooting for Victor, think Lindsay has done quite well with him. He is a diamond in the rough that needs some polishing, hope he manages the jive next week but he may struggle. Liked Lisa but she is a bit wobbly on her turns, but she can laugh at herself and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Found a longer vt edit of the couples with scores.

http://vimeo.com/elenagrinenko/videos
    Forum Member
    OTRC aftershow interviews.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How I have missed this thread :) .
    So excited for this season , especially for Zendaya wow is all Im going to say; I really hope she goes all the way and break the Disney curse :(. She stars in her own show, the highest rated one on Disney and she is the most popular celeb this season on twitter so hopefully that counts for something. And since Maks is not there hopefully his fanbase vote for Val.Im loving their partnership so far :) . I was so scared about the choreography for this routine bc I kept wondering if Val was going to find the perfect balance so that it doesnt look " creepy " and yessssssssss he did. Plus she looks and acts so much mature for her age . I sometimes forget that she is only 16 whereas with Shawn, I have to admit that I was a bit creeped out :o at some dances of her dances when she was on the show for the 1st time. I cant tell y'all how many times I rewatched Zen and Vak their performances :):) .They are my favourites this season :)

Mark is my fav.pro but his partnership with that gymnast leave me Blahhhhhhhh, urghhh not interested.
    Cheryl this will be her shortest season I think; looks like they would rather be anywhere.
    And that football player; of course they always do well even if they dont dance too well.
    Kelly and derek yawnnnnnn
    Poor Tony :(
    Tristan and his partner not really interested.
    I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with Andy and as for Brooke :rolleyes::rolleyes: , Im always cringing at some of the questions she asks SMH no tact at all !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the links. Thought week 1 was not too bad overall. I actually liked the contemporary dances, to my surprise. Zendaya was the highlight of the night and only 16 years old. I am not a Val fan, especially after all the lovey dovey stuff with Kelly last season, but he put together a great routine for Zendaya. So he may be back in my good books :D:D

Me too. I really hated his partnership last season with Kelly but so far this season, I already love what he is producing with Zendaya :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the links Lili.

Seems Zendaya and Kellie are the ones to watch, thought Sharna's choreography was the better of the three new pros.

There are a lot of the couples that look promising this year, but rooting for Victor, think Lindsay has done quite well with him. He is a diamond in the rough that needs some polishing, hope he manages the jive next week but he may struggle. Liked Lisa but she is a bit wobbly on her turns, but she can laugh at herself and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Found a longer vt edit of the couples with scores.

http://vimeo.com/elenagrinenko/videos

thanks for the link :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Ah so like the UK Version they all dance twice before someones eliminated?

Yes :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Oh, and apparently Zendaya's Jive song is "Stuff Like That There" by Bette Midler.

oh nice. I worry about her long legs for the jive but hopefully she can pull it off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is good news for dwts. Pulling in the younger viewers which the advertisers love.
    Dancing with the Stars" Premiere Is Up/"Castle" Earns Most-Watched Telecast this Season

With the Season 16 premiere of DWTS and Castle, ABC won Monday over original lineups on the other nets, beating runner-up CBS by 6.9 million viewers and by 17% in Adults 18-49. The Net won the night for the 4th time in 5 weeks.

ABC's Dancing opener grew over its Season 15 premiere by 19% in Total Viewers and by 24% in Adults 18-49. The DWTS premiere stands as TV's 2nd-most-watched unscripted telecast this season, topping every installment of Idol since the Wednesday premiere in January.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2013/03/19/dancing-with-the-stars-premiere-is-up-castle-earns-most-watched-telecast-this-season-386302/20130319abc01/#jq2UJacjoep4GqSc.99
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    thanks for the link :)

Waves to you edy, nice to see you posting again:)

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/2013/03/19/dwts-season16-week1-show1.cnn
  • sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG How Amazing were Zendaya and Val ?????watched their performance so many times already.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kk y'all my thoughts

Zendaya and Val - Easily the best of the night but stands no chance of winning if am being honest. Think she is the least known star and the 16 age thing could work against them both.

Kellie and Derek - Love LOVE LOOOOOOVEEE Kellie so she is my tip for the win this series but her dance seemed a little stiff and Dereks cheating ways could work against her like Shawn.

Aly and Mark - Seemed nice but a little bland. Will have to see.

Jacoby and Karina - Loved him. Thats how you should IMO kick off the series on your first dance show you got some personality and fun. Needs to improve technique though.

Ingo and Kym - Bland for me. However that could be due to this new dance style which I think is horrific. Not keen on it at all.

Dorothy and Tristan - Like some others, her story was the most moving but I think she will only make it halfway. I like her :)

Victor and Lindsay - Thought he was cool and I liked his performance. Another contender for me.

Wynonna and Tony - Reminded me of Nancy Grace TBH LOL She did a good Cha Cha but she will be eliminated 3rd or 4th I predict.

Lisa and Gleb - Did not connect with her at all and she will most likely be the Kate Gosselin of this series.

Andy and Sharna - He was okay but I really think he came across desperate (That may be harsh) and I feel he could be too vulnerable for the show :(

Sean and Peta - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DL and Cheryl - 1st contestant to be eliminated LOL :( Poor Cheryl.