Flava new channel on 357

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just found listings online for the new Flava channel launching in a few weeks time see here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a90672/csc-media-group-to-launch-rnb-channel.html

The schedule will include:

Breakfast Beats
Hip Hop vs Garage
First For Flava
Urban Cutz
Block Rockin Beatz
Garage Anthems
Drum 'N' Bass
Bass Believers
Non Stop Flava
R&B Download Chart
Scratch Masters
Midnight Rave
Double Up
Top 10
Party Flava
Godfathers of Hip Hop

The final show on B4 will be 'B4 Beats' at 11pm on March 25th. I've seen adverts on Flaunt and the channel has a gold logo.

Not much like Kiss as there will be more grarage and Hip Hop what does everybody else think of the channel?

Comments

• 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B4 is closing? That's the first I've heard of it. :o:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    yes I think its being rebranded. B4 has definitely been getting more urban lately and less about new chart music
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member

what does everybody else think of the channel?

Sounds absolutely ghastly to me
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no news if B4 is staying or going but it looks like it will be leaving as the license disappeared a few weeks ago.

Out of the other R&B channels on sky it sounds like it will be similar to channel U.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breakfast Beats
    Hip Hop vs Garage
    First For Flava
    Urban Cutz
    Block Rockin Beatz
    Garage Anthems
    Drum 'N' Bass
    Bass Believers
    Non Stop Flava
    R&B Download Chart
    Scratch Masters
    Midnight Rave
    Double Up
    Top 10
    Party Flava
    Godfathers of Hip Hop

. . . what does everybody else think of the channel?
    A channel with an excessive amount of chav music. One to steer well clear of methinks.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drum + Bass and Godfathers Of Hip Hop appeal but no doubt the rest will be Beyonce, 50 Cent and all that crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's Flava started today. Graphics are good and the video choice has been good so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I'm really glad b4 is gone. I used to love the way b4 showed the latest videos. In the end it was full of old stuff and rnb
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clydefrog wrote: »
    I'm really glad b4 is gone. I used to love the way b4 showed the latest videos. In the end it was full of old stuff and rnb

i too im glad B4 is gone , but really miss the old days of B4 it was really good back in 2004 , they really did show hits before any other channel and before realese
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to see B4 gone now the days of First on Friday were good. I think Bubble Hits started advertising new videos every day and The Box also play new music daily so Chart Show TV now play new music daily.

Atleast Flaunt no longer has beats on the schedule.
  • markelliottmarkelliott Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least we have another dedicated urban channel in the evenings now besides Kiss. Sod MTV Base, it seems to be all reality programming crap from 7pm - 6am now - just pathetic. Don't MTV realise that us urban fans switch over to Kiss? Even so, I usually watch Kiss these days even when MTV Base shows music, cos Kiss is miles better. MTV should replace Base with TMF Pure, it makes Base look like a joke - http://www.tvlizer.com/live47/tmfpure.asx

Anyway, I haven't seen Flava yet, though I doubt it'll be as good as Kiss. Kiss has been great recently. :)
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching TMF Pure now... did Mariah Carey just say vag-een (vagina). My God, MTV let that through but you cant say ass or drug in other songs? Pfft!

Paddy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most MTV channels these days no longer play music. Looking at MTV Base tonight it's mainly reality programmes.

It's not that bad Kiss is more main stream but Flava is playing most of the same music but have more drum and bass and garage. I've seen alot of Craig David and Timbaland videos.

Graphics wise it's better than most of the Bauer/Channel 4 channels now. I like how the name of the programme comes out of the breaks before the videos and then the song titles come in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I'm watching TMF Pure now... did Mariah Carey just say vag-een (vagina). My God, MTV let that through but you cant say ass or drug in other songs? Pfft!

Paddy :D

Ha-ha!! I didn't take any notice, but as well as my 17" Sony TFT monitor, I've got my 26" LG LCD TV connected to my PC - I have TMF Pure on right now on my TV here in the UK!! :)

Check out the TMF Pure idents - they're sooooo cool and I love the music on them!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha-ha!! I didn't take any notice, but as well as my 17" Sony TFT monitor, I've got my 26" LG LCD TV connected to my PC - I have TMF Pure on right now on my TV here in the UK!! :)

Check out the TMF Pure idents - they're sooooo cool and I love the music on them!!

i know i to like the Dutch TMF Branded channels

TMF Party (Soon to be called TMF Dance)
    TMF Pure
    TMF NL

idents are verygood on all of the channels i think they are due to change in weeks to come as the main dutch TMF has had a new look recently
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most MTV channels these days no longer play music. Looking at MTV Base tonight it's mainly reality programmes.

That's how it is every evening now. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to see B4 gone now the days of First on Friday were good. I think Bubble Hits started advertising new videos every day and The Box also play new music daily so Chart Show TV now play new music daily.

Atleast Flaunt no longer has beats on the schedule.

But flaunt still has urban on it during Flaunt Fresh & Flaunt Chart & Flaunt It!

they need to listen to their members on the flaunt forums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, well lets talk about the state of urban music TV channels here then. TMF Pure is way better than Base. MTV Base's problem is they pay far too much attention to what the likes of Radio 1 and Galaxy play. They need to be looking more towards the States for influences. It is FAR too commercial and the playlist has always played it far too safe. They never like to try and break a new video, they leave it to the radio stations and then they pick up on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched the Classic Garage block.

Damn they played some obscure songs that were always on Kiss in 2000. Some I hadn't even heard since I was 15.
  • Johnny SevenJohnny Seven Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    more run-of-the-mill muzac poo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They just played a music video from MC Neat rapping about Arsenal.

They've just aired the worst song of all time. THIS CHANNEL RULES!
  • pricesoutpricesout Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found listings online for the new Flava channel launching in a few weeks time see here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a90672/csc-media-group-to-launch-rnb-channel.html

The schedule will include:

Breakfast Beats
    Hip Hop vs Garage
    First For Flava
    Urban Cutz
    Block Rockin Beatz
    Garage Anthems
    Drum 'N' Bass
    Bass Believers
    Non Stop Flava
    R&B Download Chart
    Scratch Masters
    Midnight Rave
    Double Up
    Top 10
    Party Flava
    Godfathers of Hip Hop

The final show on B4 will be 'B4 Beats' at 11pm on March 25th. I've seen adverts on Flaunt and the channel has a gold logo.

Not much like Kiss as there will be more grarage and Hip Hop what does everybody else think of the channel?

Slow Motion cannot wait for this new channel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    I personally think the Flava logo and font is a bit tacky...but the music is good!
  • TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.essentialflava.com to launch at end of the month
    Following the launch of the Flava channel, the website will join the already existing music sites from the CSC Media Group. The site will include the community function that features on all the other sites as well as other interactive sections to get the urban community excited.

Essential Flava will represent the Flava brand that is shown on the channel as well as including exclusive web only content.

Essential Flava is a website dedicated entirely to Hip Hop, R&B, Garage and Drum n Bass 24-7. It will provide the biggest and best selection of videos and interviews from the likes of Timbaland and RZA from the Wu Tang Clan.