Fire Hit TV Coming soon to freeview

tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadcast-licences/updates/052013

Fire Hit TV,Heart TV,Drama.

Have all got new freeview licences from Ofcom.So what going on?

Drama.Well this is no big shock as we all Know it coming to freeview on 8/7/13

Heart TV.Could it be machester only?

Fire Hit TV.I have no idea what this channel is.It will be intresting to see where the spaces for it come from and the hours and LCN number.

Comments

• BangersBangers Posts: 3,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »

Fire Hit TV.I have no idea what this channel is.It will be intresting to see where the spaces for it come from and the hours and LCN number.

Fire Hit TV could be related to Fire Hit Radio - an FM station in Bournemouth and on DAB digital radio across the South Coast. The owners have had previous experience in TV operations, so entirely plausible they might want to expand in to TV.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bangers wrote: »
    Fire Hit TV could be related to Fire Hit Radio - an FM station in Bournemouth and on DAB digital radio across the South Coast. The owners have had previous experience in TV operations, so entirely plausible they might want to expand in to TV.

Thanks Bangers for the information.So look like another music channel comeing to freeview.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bangers wrote: »

Fire Television Ltd has the same address as the radio station, so it is indeed related to Fire Radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    If I had to guess, I'd say Heart TV would be added to the Manchester mux.
    Fire Hit TV is an interesting one. As it's a southern based radio station, I wouldn't expect them to be interested in Manchester for their TV service. As the TV channel appears to be a new venture for them, going all-out national on terrestrial from launch is a bold move. As such I'm wondering whether it is the first of the "quasi-national" channels on the local mux - or they've managed to strike a deal for it only to be present in Southampton and Brighton.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,839
    Forum Member
    Is Rowridge getting a local mux?
    Forum Member
    -ajm- wrote: »
    Is Rowridge getting a local mux?

Yes..
  • POLO 1POLO 1 Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Any news on local TV for the Doncaster area, served by Emley Moor, please?
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    POLO 1 wrote: »
    Any news on local TV for the Doncaster area, served by Emley Moor, please?

Doncaster is outside the area of the Leeds local TV area. Any service for Doncaster from Emley Moor would overlap the Leeds coverage area and there aren't enough channels available for that. The best you can hope for at the moment is that the Leeds service area is extended, or the Sheffield service is extended using a new, more local, transmitter site (not Emley Moor) and that may require an additional aerial.
  • POLO 1POLO 1 Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info, jj20 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling this channel might appear on the freeview EPG today 4/7/13 but it only a feeling.
  • jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    I have a feeling this channel might appear on the freeview EPG today 4/7/13 but it only a feeling.

Will it be a dramatic entrance?
  • kevkev Posts: 21,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed the job advert here http://www.studentradio.org.uk/job/2405
    Description: Fire is a looking for a talented, experienced daytime Presenter to work on Fire Radio in Bournemouth with some work on our new Fire Hit TV broadcast service.

Jobs on Fire are rare – we pride ourselves on having a very low staff turnover and usually fight off talent scouts! Our newly refitted digital radio & TV studios, nice people and lovely Bournemouth beaches and life make this a job you don’t want to leave.

Part of Triple Broadcast, Fire is expanding on digital radio and TV beyond its core South Coast FM radio market.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    freeview channel 60 has been confirmed be Fire, and apparently a freesat and sky epg is pending.

getting more info is getting harder, but I did see a job advert on twitter for a studio multi skilled operator and director based in Cardiff for Triple (Fire's owners) which is not a normal base for the company.. which is a odd location for them.
  • IgniteIgnite Posts: 1,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is rather strange. I would have thought that they would have been using the Connect IP service rather than an expensive linear stream. Going onto Sky and Freesat will not be cheap either as Sky SD epg slots are rather rare.
    Forum Member
    jake_w wrote: »
    freeview channel 60 has been confirmed be Fire, and apparently a freesat and sky epg is pending.

I'm interested as to whether this will be a national channel on Freeview, or Manchester only, or whether they are aiming to be the "national" element on the local mux.

Going fully national on a commercial mux for their first TV venture seems a very bold (and expensive) move. But, I suppose if they've done the maths...
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Proof that it's appearing on LCN 60

https://twitter.com/FireHitTV
  • Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it appear on the as-yet-unused Cardiff local multiplex, which was awarded at the same time as the Manchester mux? ie before the recent round of awards for local TV.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't local channels be placed at 51-53 first though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it appear on the as-yet-unused Cardiff local multiplex, which was awarded at the same time as the Manchester mux? ie before the recent round of awards for local TV.

Cardiff local multiplex would've made some kind of announcement if this was the case.

Manchester mux made a announcement say channel would be coming soon to replace the one that close.
  • SorukSoruk Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    @AngusMast Unlikely - 51-54 are in use by HD channels (if you have a Freeview HD box or an IDTV compatible with DVB2). Non-DVB2 kit will not recognise the channels therefore leaving them seemingly vacant.
  • kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 2,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soruk wrote: »
    @AngusMast Unlikely - 51-54 are in use by HD channels (if you have a Freeview HD box or an IDTV compatible with DVB2). Non-DVB2 kit will not recognise the channels therefore leaving them seemingly vacant.

When did you last retune ?

HD channels are now 100-4

51/2/3/6 are Manchester local channels.
    51-3 are also in N.Ireland
  • SorukSoruk Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    kjhskj75 wrote: »
    When did you last retune ?

HD channels are now 100-4

51/2/3/6 are Manchester local channels.

Yesterday (to get the new Drama channel). Still, it should be said, I don't have any Freeview HD kit, so I didn't see the move - and there still appeared to be a gap there.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's on the Manchester Local multiplex then...

https://twitter.com/FireHitTV/status/354000326350745601
    We at Triple Broadcast are happy to tell you 1st Fire Hit TV starts testing on Ch 60 for 2.2M people in MCR & N Cheshire this week.
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIRE HIT TV has indeed appeared on channel 60 on the Manchester mux this morning. Barker video is running - "fire coming soon" "soon a new music TV station playing hits just for Manchester + Cheshire" "fresh hits" "famous hits" "Freeview ch. 60" "a bigger variety of hits". Audio: "This is fire".

Interesting that they are targetting Manchester and Cheshire - not Trafford or Salford who should also stand a chance of getting it - and arguably a better chance than most of Cheshire!