Spolt by the ads?

elliebopelliebop Posts: 90
Forum Member
Not necessarily related to this show specifically, though this is the one where the ads irritate me the most.

I watched XF last night and the show had been on for just under half an hour and we'd only seen one act. I know it's an ITV problem and not necessarily an XF problem, but personally I feel that the X Factor would be better if it had more continuity - for example, they could bring in a group song, or with less ad breaks we could see more clips from rehearsals, and that sort of thing.

What do you think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never watch Live so don't notice the ads. In fact I've not even watched last night's episode yet.

I'm not a very good X Factor fan.
  • elliebopelliebop Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    If it didn't take so long for ITV to put it on catchup I wouldn't watch it live either. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I always Sky Plus it and watch it later, skipping the commercials. I'd go mad if I had to sit through 20 mins of ads.

Some people enjoy the live experience complete with tweeting, facebooking and foruming though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Same here, watch on catch up, not only can you skip the ads but also the performers you don't like, it cuts the thing down to about 20 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elliebop wrote: »
    Not necessarily related to this show specifically, though this is the one where the ads irritate me the most.

I watched XF last night and the show had been on for just under half an hour and we'd only seen one act. I know it's an ITV problem and not necessarily an XF problem, but personally I feel that the X Factor would be better if it had more continuity - for example, they could bring in a group song, or with less ad breaks we could see more clips from rehearsals, and that sort of thing.

What do you think?

Get a PVR with a jump (skip) forward function. When the programme begins start recording and then watch something else for an hour. After the hour has elapsed start viewing the time shifted X factor and skip forward during the ads and any other dross content in the programme. The end of X factor on the PVR will then end long before the actual live programme ends :) You may find that you are only watching 10 to 15 minutes of real content.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I watch live while on forums, so dosen't really bother me anymore because I can use those ad breaks to got toilet...ect