Lost Girl - Season 3 - Canadian Pace - No Spoilers

13»

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could almost see Dr Hotpants' heart breaking into a million tiny pieces. Bloody Dyson.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    You could almost see Dr Hotpants' heart breaking into a million tiny pieces. Bloody Dyson.

It was heart-breaking, I really feel for Lauren. She never seems to get a break. Bo's character has slowly started to worsen I feel. If she continues to act the way she does, I will start to feel that both Lauren and Dyson don't deserve her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that episode was a massive dose of WTF, and not in a good way. Not an episode I'm going to watch again anytime soon. A few interesting moments, such as the mention of The Wanderer, Dyson and Lauren's role reversal, the brunette popping up everywhere in Bo's Dawning, and Kenzi's story. All of which however, were overshadowed by this whole Dyson situation. Yes, I've made clear that I'm a Doccubus fan but just in general, I thought this episode was just badly done and Bo seems to be going out-of-character. Here we go again, another episode where Dyson plays hero and is apparently "charming". It's frustrating because Dyson said he was happy for Bo and Lauren being in a good place, says he doesn't like them being together but respects them, and then proceeds to kiss Bo. Then when Bo brings him back to life, he acts as if they are back together, with no thought of how Lauren feels. Perhaps it's just me, but it makes me feel that Dyson only helped Bo in her Dawning as a way to reignite their feelings for one another, not so respectful of her relationship with Lauren.

But probably the main issue I had with all of this was the fact that Bo chose Dyson's well-being over Kenzi and Lauren's. I wasn't too happy that the first time she chi-sucks them was to save Dyson, that just didn't sit right with me.

I have to hope that this isn't the end of the Dawning. For something that was built up as a big deal, to be over with a few episodes to go would be a shame. I hope that there is more to come and involves everyone and not just Dyson.

I'm definitely thinking that Bo's father is Dr. Taft who creepily showed up at Lauren's apartment in the previous episode. I have a feeling he wasn't introduced just for the sake of it, perhaps something similar to Aoife who reappeared after her introductory episode. It was also nice to see her in this episode, despite only for a moment.

Blimey! talk about seeing things that aren't there!

The bit I've bolded in particular seems a massive mis-reading of what happens. He kisses Bo in the Temple when he *knows* he is going to de to save her - a one last kiss kinda deal - he had no intention of acting on it further until the caretaker suggests acting out the fantasy - again because he thinks that he'll never see her again - so there'd be no point trying to "reignite" feelings because he wouldn't get any benefit had things gone to plan and he'd died.

As for "he acts as if they are back together" I have no idea where you got that from. He didn't even kiss her! he said "hey" and seemed happy he was alive - if anything it was Bo's reaction that upset Lauren rather than anything Dyson did

I also didn't see the Chi-sucking as choosing Dyson over Lauren and Kensi, as was mentioned in the episode - she knows she can control it now. She knew what she was doing and knew she wouldn't be risking them

I accidently read this post before watching the episode and I was expecting something entirely different from what was shown
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    Blimey! talk about seeing things that aren't there!

The bit I've bolded in particular seems a massive mis-reading of what happens. He kisses Bo in the Temple when he *knows* he is going to de to save her - a one last kiss kinda deal - he had no intention of acting on it further until the caretaker suggests acting out the fantasy - again because he thinks that he'll never see her again - so there'd be no point trying to "reignite" feelings because he wouldn't get any benefit had things gone to plan and he'd died.

As for "he acts as if they are back together" I have no idea where you got that from. He didn't even kiss her! he said "hey" and seemed happy he was alive - if anything it was Bo's reaction that upset Lauren rather than anything Dyson did

I also didn't see the Chi-sucking as choosing Dyson over Lauren and Kensi, as was mentioned in the episode - she knows she can control it now. She knew what she was doing and knew she wouldn't be risking them

I accidently read this post before watching the episode and I was expecting something entirely different from what was shown

Well, fair enough. We all have different perspectives and that was the way I interpreted the episode.

EDIT: Just to add, I think we will more meaning of what this episode was about after we have seen the next one, to put everything that happened into context.

I have to believe that the Dawning isn't over, because it felt very much about Dyson and his subconscious as opposed to Bo's. Dyson didn't really need to be there at all, I'm fearing the writers don't know what to do with him and felt they had to have him tag along with Bo for the sake of screen time. It just seems to be that because of that, they are running the risk of diminishing Bo and her relationship with others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought Episode 10 was a brilliant episode. The fae-of-the-week was...interesting, but I still liked the team unit of Bo, Kenzi and Dyson that I feel has been missing for some time, so that was refreshing.

As a Doccubus fan, it was heartbreaking what happened, but I'm not upset or angry that it happended because it was so well done. It was understandable why Lauren would be feeling the way she does, and I'm glad that Bo understood this and recognised that she had been the root of their problems lately. Despite her post-Dawning happiness, Bo was a lot more mature in this episode, both with her conversation with Dyson and the break-up scene with Lauren. That scene was so well-written and acted.

And I absolutely loved the Lauren and Dyson scene at the end. That may be one of my favourite Lost Girl moments. No, it doesn't make me forget the way Dyson has acted previously, especially in the last episode, but I believe his character is subjected to a mixture of bad character traits and bad writing. Like Bo, Dyson acted more maturely this episode. His moment with Lauren was so lovely, I would love more scenes with them together and to see thier friendship blossom.

I'm not sure what to take from the end. I guess Bo realised something was up with Tamsin, or it's an effect of the potion. I'm going with the former at the moment. It was interesting seeing Tamsin revert back to the cold bitch she was when she first appeared, showing that she's had to put on this act in order to carry out her orders when deep down she is too attached and emotional and doesn't want to hurt anyone. I really like her character, but I fear that they her lining her up to be killed at the end of the season. I think her character is really interesting though, so I hope she returns.

Oh, and Linda Hamilton was great, her and Tamsin would make a good double-act. I hope that she will return in Season 4.
  • alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pretty good episode, I reckon it's bo's father who is the one who wants her captured.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to find this show by non-traditional methods but recently (since episode 8) I cannot get it without having to pay through the nose or have loads of pop-ups! Is there any way I can get it? PM will do!

Is it on Netflix? I don't mind paying for that.
  • Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good episode this week with several storyline developments. I like the trippy elements such as the merry-go-round playing The Wanderer which is a good slow-burn story arc.

The development with Lauren was a bit unexpected. Not sure what to make of that yet. We haven't seen much of Hale and I am still not comfortable with him now being The Ash (even though I know he took part in the Stag Hunt thing) but it looks like we may get to see more of him next week which may help to clarify things.

Amusing to see Tamsin looking a wreck, I guess she is supposed to be conflicted about Bo. Not sure what the thing in the tree at the Fae mass grave was supposed to be. Just looked like a revolving blob which could have been anything. The ending with Bo and the babysitter was quite touching.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given Hale's comment about protecting Lauren from the Dark Fae, I'm currently thinking that the rich scientist guy Lauren has run off with is actually Dark Fae... although I can't remember why she needs protecting?

Still confused about Tamsin. She started off hating Bo and wanting her locked up for murder etc., yet later she was the only one to believe Bo regarding the fake Kenzi, helped Bo escape and rescue Kenzi, lied to the Morrigan to protect Bo, and then helped Bo again with that quest. I'm guessing that the guy she and Linda Hamilton are being paid by to grab Bo is Bo's father, but why the attitude change before she found out Bo was her target?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    Not sure what the thing in the tree at the Fae mass grave was supposed to be. Just looked like a revolving blob which could have been anything.

Wasn't it a camera lens focusing?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it was a camera focussed on the grave site.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode. I loved the witches, and it was good to have Bo and Kenzi doing their detective work again. Not sure about the Lauren/Karen thing, a bit out of the blue, but if it's handled better than the Nadia thing, then it could be quite interesting. I guess there's a parallels between Bo/Beth and Lauren/Karen. Will have to see how it develops further before I make proper judgement on it.

I'm very interested to see how this all develops. Who exactly is Isaac? I'm guessing he needs Lauren for something and not just for leverage against Bo. Not sure if he's Fae or human. I've seen a few theories. Some think he's Bo's father but not Tamsin's 'boss', some think he's both, some think he's human experimenting on Fae and is responsible for the mass grave. The last one seems interesting and may be why he needs Lauren. Definitely looking forward to see what transpires.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    What a complete mess of an end to the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    What a complete mess of an end to the season.

I quite enjoyed it but then it was still much like the rest of this season - each episode enjoyable for what they are but when taken together as a series becoming a messy state of affairs.

Looking back, the Dawning was effectively pointless and Taft really should've been the season-long big bad. Instead, they tried to condense two arcs into 13 episodes and both were rushed and under-developed because of it. They've had some very interesting ideas this season, but have been half-heartedly explored because there was too many. And, as much as I like Tamsin, too much focus was put into developing her character that every other character suffered for it, especially Bo, who played second fiddle in her own show and was particularly out of character this season.

What I did like was that Lauren helped to save the day, and with science! I'm definitely interested in seeing what is in store for her next season. I think it was deliberate to have her disappear with so much time left till the episode finished. It suggests to me that they're setting her up for her own arc, well I hope so anyway.

I think though I enjoyed parts of this season, it was largely a mess, but they've left it open enough to be able to make Season 4 into a very interesting season, just as long as they don't try to explore too many ideas at once and have a well-established and developed arc.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Season 4 begins on November 10th.