Most disgusting and shocking films.

Comments

• CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..When you have spent years on websites such as Rotten.com, Ogrish.com, LiveLeak and other sites ..there isn't really any film that can shock or disgust you after that, Reality is far scarier.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As regards one of the films I mentioned; "Snuff", I would confess to having seen that, as it can be seen in full on the Internet (if you google Snuff full film or Snuff full movie you will find it). It is supposed to have been inspired by the Charles Manson killings & contains a scene added onto it at the end where the film crew is shown. One of them talks a young woman into getting onto the bed with him, fully clothed, for a bit of lovemaking, having convinced her it isn't being filmed. She succumbs to his advances and when she does notice it is being filmed and tries to resist he gets the other film crew members to hold her down while he cuts her shoulder open with a knife as she screams hysterically. He then proceeds to cut one of her hands off and the fingers off her other hand and then disembowels her. Although admittedly the rest of the film isn't that strong, this is certainly the most horrible scene I've ever come across and, yes, I did know somebody else who'd seen it, and was disturbed by as he thought it might be actually real. I must stress though, that it's been proven not to be.

Are you talking about 1976 version shown here?- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072184/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'snuff' in Snuff was debunked as fakery and a mere crude PR stunt at the time of it's original US release. Only in the hysterical climate of the early 80s when there were a handful of useful idiot 'talking heads' putting their two penneth worth into the video nasty debacle did any kind of debate around its verisimilitude have cause to resurface, largely thanks to the UK's ignorance of the 'grindhouse' horror subculture prior to unregulated video bringing it to our high streets for the first time.

As for how 'disturbingly realistic' the footage might actually be, it really isn't. The techniques and effects seem antiquated even for the time, if you consider superior (and possibly still shocking to many) gore scenes from some films, such as Mario Bava's Bay Of Blood and Ken Russell's The Devils, at the very start of the 70s. The most grotesque thing about the scene for me was the hideous mugging, corpulence and sideburns of the actor playing the crew member supposedly bumping the girl off.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Serbian Film!
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disturbed watching deliverance and even though I enjoyed Snatch. Felt sick at the part when Micky (Brad Pitt's) caravan was torched with his mum inside.

Also the scene in the film 7 pounds with Will Smith entering a bath of freezing cold water with a jellyfish disturbed me for days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Easy answer for me... Lucker the necropophagus. I am 30 I have been watching uncut horror films since age 8. Never before or since in 22 years have I seen a film that made me literally throw up for those who have not seen it I refer to a scene where the killer keeps a victim decomposing on his bed for weeks then in graphic on screen detail partakes of oral & physical sex with the corpse. The make up is so alike a genuine decomposing corpse I vomited & would never EVER watch that film again!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Came across an obscure film on the Horror Channel called 'Adam Chaplin' a few weeks back. Sounded a fairly harmless title and I'd missed the first 20 mins so didn't really have much of a clue what was going on.
    Sheesh talk about a bloodfest. I didn't know whether to laugh at the gore or be appalled. But I found it strangely fascinating.

I waited and waited for it to be on again, then on a trip to some random HMV (since my local one is gone) I saw it for £5 and couldn't resist but buy it.

There's not much of a plot. which seems to be....
    Adam finds his wife burnt alive by the local crime boss, who pretty much owns the city, and calls on a demon to help him get revenge in exchange for his soul
    The film is more appealing in a visual sense, like a real-life anime, with probably the most shocking scene being where...
    Adam's being aggressively interrogated by a policeman, whose face he then smashes in so badly that it's reduced to a lump of goo with eyes in it, and he's still alive as this happens

It's certainly entertaining though if you take it in good humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Came across an obscure film on the Horror Channel called 'Adam Chaplin' a few weeks back. Sounded a fairly harmless title and I'd missed the first 20 mins so didn't really have much of a clue what was going on.
    Sheesh talk about a bloodfest. I didn't know whether to laugh at the gore or be appalled. But I found it strangely fascinating.

I waited and waited for it to be on again, then on a trip to some random HMV (since my local one is gone) I saw it for £5 and couldn't resist but buy it.

There's not much of a plot. which seems to be....
    Adam finds his wife burnt alive by the local crime boss, who pretty much owns the city, and calls on a demon to help him get revenge in exchange for his soul
    The film is more appealing in a visual sense, like a real-life anime, with probably the most shocking scene being where...
    Adam's being aggressively interrogated by a policeman, whose face he then smashes in so badly that it's reduced to a lump of goo with eyes in it, and he's still alive as this happens

It's certainly entertaining though if you take it in good humour.
    err, that reminds me of human centipede 2..
    when the guy bashes his wife's head in and you can see straight through her head..guy from upstairs comes down as the woman's hubby was hitting his ceiling to get him to shut up..he sees the wife and say WTF :eek: :D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say The hostel films are disgusting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oohh i just watched a Belgian film Calvaire..im not one for foreign films but i recorded this on film 4, and just watched it now..it would've been better to watch at night, but glad i watched it daytime cos i can try to forget it lol
    A few days before Christmas, traveling entertainer Marc Stevens is stuck at nightfall in a remote wood in the swampy Hautes Fagnes region of Liège, his van conked out. An odd chap who's looking for a lost dog leads Marc to a shuttered inn; the owner gives Marc a room for the night. Next day, the innkeeper, Mr. Bartel, promises to fix the van, demands that Marc not visit the nearby village, and goes through Marc's things while the entertainer takes a walk. At dinner that night, Bartel laments his wife's having left him, and by next day, Marc is in a nightmare that may not end.
  • smurftcsmurftc Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the remake of' I spit on your grave' was pretty hard core
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurftc wrote: »
    I thought the remake of' I spit on your grave' was pretty hard core

Have you seen I spit on your grave 2? I have watched a few hard core thriller and horror films in my time but there was one part in this movie that made me nearly pass out. I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it but it's right near the end of the move. It's one of those parts that once you have seen it you cannot un see it and it stays in your head for days after. I couldn't watch that part again that's for sure and I have seen alot of gory and disgusting movies.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    Have you seen I spit on your grave 2? I have watched a few hard core thriller and horror films in my time but there was one part in this movie that made me nearly pass out. I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it but it's right near the end of the move. It's one of those parts that once you have seen it you cannot un see it and it stays in your head for days after. I couldn't watch that part again that's for sure and I have seen alot of gory and disgusting movies.

But not in the British version, as it's been cut.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think writers who think of these disturbing films need counselling. I can't understand why they try to pass these off as artistic when they're not. But do we need sickening films to influence the nut jobs out there by glorifying rape and murder?
    I love horror films and have done since I was a kid. I also work in the industry, but these films aren't art nor horror films. Just someone acting out a disturbed writer's mind.
  • lionelmortonlionelmorton Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All 3 of the I Spit On your Grave films are censored in the UK.
    All 3 out in the US on Bluray uncut .

Not sure why they cut the remake as you don't even see most of the rapes like you do in the original .
    The 1978 film remains one of the few video nasties that are still censored in the UK .
    Even Cannibal Holocaust is now almost uncut
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, clearly Tracy Beaker tops everything mentioned so far ;)

Don't know if they are designed that way, but most Horror movies, well seem a bit 'naff'

Rather than scaring, most of them are pretty funny

Or maybe i'm a total psycho
  • lionelmortonlionelmorton Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the most sickening films are those that contain real deaths.
    Many of the Italian cannibal type films contain genuine animal cruelty and killing and some of it is bad .
    But the BBFC reached a decision to include most of it in Cannibal Holocaust .
    The turtle killing is hard to watch but they justified it by saying it was a quick kill.
    Yet a few horsefalls in 40 and 50 year old westerns get cut which means the studios won't release many films here due to the need to produce a unique version just for the UK.

Definitely the worst I've seen for sheer bad taste is a series of films called Traces of Death ( not the infamously faked Faces of Death).
    These are compilations of real life death taken from news reports and other sources.
    The first volume was refused a release by the BBFC .
    It contains footage of the famous onscreen gunshot suicide of a local councillor in the US - and its lovingly played over several times from different angles.
    Another scene showed someone on a racetrack being hit by a Formula 1 type car and he literally is torn to pieces instantly as his limbs are pulled apart.

I collect video nasties and other forms of extreme movies but TOD I had to get rid of .
    Not only does it seem tasteless in the extreme to be profiting from selling people dying onscreen it was just impossible to watch , unlike most of Faces of Death .
    Even the Executions film came across as trying to serve a useful purpose rather than 100% exploitation.
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Hamburger Hill is quite saddening to say the least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Probably a bit of a wuss compared to some but I found the last 15 minutes of Oldboy excruciating to watch.
    Where Oh Dae-Su discovers he had slept with his own daughter, begs and barks like a dog and eventually cuts out his own tongue, so he would never have to tell her.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    Eden Lake starring Kelly Reilly was a real sickenener. Way, way over the top for its gratuitous violence. Some of the characters behaved worse than animals.

I have seen so many OTT films and you get numb to them but this film stayed with me as its so 'current', feral teenagers and also the parents getting involved. It really disturbed me. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, clearly Tracy Beaker tops everything mentioned so far ;)

Don't know if they are designed that way, but most Horror movies, well seem a bit 'naff'

Rather than scaring, most of them are pretty funny

Or maybe i'm a total psycho

Tracy Beaker? Are there any such films?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All 3 of the I Spit On your Grave films are censored in the UK.
    All 3 out in the US on Bluray uncut .

Not sure why they cut the remake as you don't even see most of the rapes like you do in the original .
    The 1978 film remains one of the few video nasties that are still censored in the UK .
    Even Cannibal Holocaust is now almost uncut

I don't know why they bother to be honest as they will be allowed to be released uncut eventually and even so you could always get them on import or find a website streaming them.

I heard the UK and US releases of Kill Bill are very slightly censored but the Hong Kong version is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the most sickening films are those that contain real deaths.

I agree but do those films really exist on the market? I thought they were all banned. They would serve as good evidence if the police ever got a copy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mattyb wrote: »
    I think writers who think of these disturbing films need counselling. I can't understand why they try to pass these off as artistic when they're not. But do we need sickening films to influence the nut jobs out there by glorifying rape and murder?
    I love horror films and have done since I was a kid. I also work in the industry, but these films aren't art nor horror films. Just someone acting out a disturbed writer's mind.

Sounds to me like all horror films are a little like that. Some more than others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    The Hunger was not nice too watch..
    People trapped in this cave, having to eat each other..yuk

Assuming it isn't the 1983 "romantic comedy" with Susan Sarandon, I can't find that one?
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I've seen all the gory and violent films and to me they're just daft and predictable. One film that scarred me for life... Wolf Creek.
    I very foolishly watched it on my own, at night, under the heavy influence of cannabis, back when I used to smoke. It truly disturbed the hell out of me. Having said that, I have also watched it whilst completely sober in broad daylight and it still scared the crap out of me.
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I agree...the chances of meeting a bunch of cannibals in a desserted place is pretty slim for example..but there is something about the way Jon Jarret plays Mick Taylor that makes him more menacing than many villians..he is more scary to me than leatherface,Michael Myers,Freddie Kruger etc..because he is so real and so unpredictable..I know the horror movies are very,very tame compared to some of the more obscure,disgusting movies that there are around..but if we are talking mainstream shown on TV horror movies..then Wolf Creek is pretty menacing..but only because of the lead man..

Agree. I've seen almost all the movies mentioned in this thread including August Underground, Salo, Martyrs, Inside (or whatever it's called in French), Cannibal Holocaust... and none of them scared or bothered me, I just found it fascinating how far they went. But Wolf Creek? Left me feeling disturbed for days. Incredible performance by the villain.