Simon Hirst on Gold

BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is this the same guy who did 'hirsty's daily dose' on Galaxy Yorkshire?

Comments

• FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,669
    Forum Member
    Yes it is.
  • phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is! I think the show is broadcast from Capital Yorkshire. I was listening this afternoon and enjoyed the feature vinyl heaven. Simon has excellent music knowledge.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was listening this afternoon and enjoyed the feature vinyl heaven.

Yes, so did I. Gold seems to have given their playlist a lick of paint too. Shame they are stuck on AM- for now at least.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMR wrote: »
    Is this the same guy who did 'hirsty's daily dose' on Galaxy Yorkshire?

He still does, although it is now Capital Yorkshire

Real, genuine music fan
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMR wrote: »
    Yes, so did I. Gold seems to have given their playlist a lick of paint too. Shame they are stuck on AM- for now at least.

Least you still have Gold terrestially.

Here in the West Midlands, we can only get it via SKY or online.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Least you still have Gold terrestially.

Here in the West Midlands, we can only get it via SKY or online.

Try 945 AM, that goes a fair way into the Messed Widlands- in daylight at least.....
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He still does, although it is now Capital Yorkshire

Real, genuine music fan

he is brilliant on the Dose still going Strong after 10 years & i think he would do a great Job on Radio 2
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    he is brilliant on the Dose still going Strong after 10 years & i think he would do a great Job on Radio 2

I suspect he will get a bigger role with Gold soon. We may well see David Andrews get a bigger role on Smooth and Hirst get the Saturday morning show on Gold
  • wirewolfwirewolf Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Simon's show is moving to 12-4pm next week, with 70s Saturday with Shaun Tilley 4-8 and Andy Peebles soul show 8pm-12. Paul Coyte moves to Sundays 4-8pm with 60s Sunday.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent all vinyl show today
  • themanfrom?themanfrom? Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    i have been listen on and off all afternoon make me wont to get my vinyl records out only one thing pc to record them on too?
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question themanfrom?, are you asking if you can record them to your pc or if there is a way to record them to pc?. Whatever the answer is yes and you can purchase a couple of record players from ION that allow you to upload your music after recorded and via the software to ITunes which is a fuss free way to get them onto your IPod etc.

Good luck and have a Very Merry Christmas.
  • nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is! I think the show is broadcast from Capital Yorkshire. I was listening this afternoon and enjoyed the feature vinyl heaven. Simon has excellent music knowledge.

He actually does the show from his house, he has a very impressive home studio.
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nobjockey wrote: »
    He actually does the show from his house, he has a very impressive home studio.
    He has said in the past that he does the show from the same studio that the Dose comes from.
    But that may have changed, I'm not going to argue with you, you seem to know what you're talking about.

Regardless, as a long time Dose listener I listened to Gold today for the first time and I really enjoyed it, and you could tell that he was really enjoying it too.
    A man truly happy in his work, makes for great radio. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is done from the same studio as the Dose & normally the songs to play are sent up from London
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    normally the songs to play are sent up from London
    Yeah, Hirsty said that he had most of this weeks playlist on vinyl already in his collection, he only had to order a couple off eBay.
  • norderneynorderney Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he actually has a couple of turntables in the Capital Yorkshire studio. That is rather odd. I didn't think they even had a had players in the studios anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    norderney wrote: »
    So he actually has a couple of turntables in the Capital Yorkshire studio. That is rather odd. I didn't think they even had a had players in the studios anymore.

They don't Hirsty brings them in from home to use for Vinyl Heaven
  • james_watersjames_waters Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show was excellent. They had in on in a pub I. Tonbridge, Kent so we got a shout out. Is there a playlist of the tracks anywhere?
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,888
    Forum Member
    What time is his show on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12.00 - 16.00 on Saturdays
  • nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't Hirsty brings them in from home to use for Vinyl Heaven

Nope, he did the show from his home studio

https://twitter.com/hirstydose/status/414390761418153984

That said, Capital Yorkshire do still have some Technics 1210s in one of their studios from the Galaxy days I think.
  • themanfrom?themanfrom? Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    hello Lee Morris what i meant to say was i have some software to put vinyl onto my computer but at the moment i am waiting for my new desktop pc to come so i can put my sound card into the new one if it still works if you know of any good software that put them into mp3 i would be glad to know
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,888
    Forum Member
    12.00 - 16.00 on Saturdays

Cheers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can listen to this show again via the Gold website