Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Alancracker will be on here shortly telling me that "King Kenny" is beyond questioning.

You decide.
    Alan is a very good poster on here and going fishing for him like that is below you I feel C07.
    OK, i take that back.

Sorry.

very out of order C07 - I have always shown you respect and I think that is below the belt but at least you did apologise.

Thanks for your comment btw Vaughan.
    Raven123 wrote: »
    It's funny because it's true.

Funny is not the word i'd use but then as I have said you and I are different.
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    Not sure what new to say really.

We dominate, play good football and create a bucket load of chances, but the defence cocks up and we lose 1-0... Becoming a habit!

Confidence seems low, as soon as we conceded the players looked like they knew we'd lose.

Kenny needs to get that out of them, especially with the final round the corner. Our PL season is over, but we should still be better than that.

Big changes needed in the summer, most importantly we need a striker who puts the ball between the wooden bits and not into it...

Sensible views as usual.

Listen I have never said Kenny is beyond question or anything like it - his continued perseverance with Henderson does my head in!! Also some of the signings have proved bad and I worry over what he says in public - I just hope in private he realises what the faults are and addresses them in the summer.

Really tho I just think that it is players and not the manager who needs changing for at least a season but then to say that after today is prob not popular or even wise even amongst our own fans.

Thing is we won so easily away at both AVFC and WBAFC and have got just one point in the home matches V them. Unbelievable.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If dalglish is here next season he will be under intense pressure from game 1.

5 home wins is terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and people say give Kenny another season :rolleyes:

Shocking match, once again Liverpool gave up at half time and once again Shelvey was the only player to give a shit, yet he never starts.

You mentioned that you expect Rafa to be in charge next season. Do you really see signings such as Dossena and Voronin to see us improve. He'd be taking over without us in the CL , which would be a big difference from the last time. There's also City , Spurs and an improved Newcastle to deal with in the race for a CL spot. Without the CL money , he wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Alonso , Masch and Torres this time.

I'll put my neck on the block and say we should stick with KD and make Carra an asst coach alongside Steve Clarke and him.

Sell Kuyt , Adam and Downing for as much as we realistically can. I'd also consider any big offers for Reina. He just hasn't commanded his area since the days of finishing runners up in the PL. Not easy but look for a younger taller guy in this country or around the world , who could develop into something at least approaching a VDS or Joe Hart type.

An out and out winger and goal poaching striker are also a must.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, i take that back.

Sorry.

Fair enough fella , I too have had a knee-jerk day thanks to my teams result!!:mad:
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mentioned that you expect Rafa to be in charge next season. Do you really see signings such as Dossena and Voronin to see us improve. He'd be taking over without us in the CL , which would be a big difference from the last time. There's also City , Spurs and an improved Newcastle to deal with in the race for a CL spot. Without the CL money , he wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Alonso , Masch and Torres this time.

I'll put my neck on the block and say we should stick with KD and make Carra an asst coach alongside Steve Clarke and him.

Sell Kuyt , Adam and Downing for as much as we realistically can. I'd also consider any big offers for Reina. He just hasn't commanded his area since the days of finishing runners up in the PL. Not easy but look for a younger taller guy in this country or around the world , who could develop into something at least approaching a VDS or Joe Hart type.

Dalglish could go but no chance rafa will be here. Next manager will be a young guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to say congratulations to Hodgson. He's said it was a lucky win in his post match interview. Not taking anything away from a great defensive display by his team:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Dalglish could go but no chance rafa will be here. Next manager will be a young guy.

Not sure , unless it's an experienced man then they'll be under massive pressure if their style and results don't sit well early on with the fans.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    very out of order C07 - I have always shown you respect and I think that is below the belt but at least you did apologise.

Thanks for your comment btw Vaughan.

I have also shown you a great deal of respect.

You defend your manager in the face of perfectly reasonable questioning and some very questionable results.

If i caused offence i will always say sorry because that is not my intention.

Perhaps i should just let the results speak for themselves, i don't really have to add anything.

Again, sorry for any offence taken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kenny doesn't know what to say:eek:

Praised West Brom but I'm sure we'll find something to twist on him and say it was the most disgusting interview ever!!!!

He doesn't look too well though. I wonder if Marina wants him to continue if things don't improve:(
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Kenny doesn't know what to say:eek:

Praised West Brom but I'm sure we'll find something to twist on him and say it was the most disgusting interview ever!!!!

He doesn't look too well though. I wonder if Marina wants him to continue if things don't improve:(

Aside from all other comments i think he has aged dramatically this season,I'm not sure he looks very well tbh.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing but sadly it was expected.

It sounds awful but I'm almost past caring. Thats what almost constant league disappointment does to you.
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »

I know this is my 'friend' Raven's view but I will address it as it is worth addressing.

You see the difference between Rafa returning and Kenny returning is that in Kenny's case the whole fan base was united behind him (well maybe apart from you Raven!! - I have no idea what you thought last January). I do think that Rafa would love to return and it could happen one day but if he did he would not return to an undivided fan base, some would not want him that's for sure - I know several Rafa haters!!

The thing is tho that Rafa is so LFC through and through that it is hard to see him as manager of any other club in England and with him being so settled on the Wirral would he go abroad? - only he can answer that.

The thing is that taking over as LFC manager just now is prob not that attractive to someone with no links to the club with no CL football, lots of ins and outs to sort, great expectations from the fans, if the person had no connections to the club would they get a fair deal (they would off me but I know what some LFC fans are like) - cos of all this I still favour Kenny staying for at least a year more but he needs to be prepared to admit mistakes in the transfer market by getting rids of some of the underachievers we currently have.
  • Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kenny hasn't had Champions League football, yet still managed to spend over 100million. We have Sugar Daddy owners now. If Rafa wanted a player, I'm sure they would give him the money for whoever that may be.

Rafa has very good links with players, I'm sure he would be able to attract them.

Carragher won't become assistant manager, he hasn't even got his coaching certificates and won't have by August.

I would go with Rafa and Mcallister as his number 2.

We certainly do need a clearout, I would get rid of -

Doni
    Brad Jones
    Aurelio
    Skrtel
    C.Adam
    Spearing
    Downing
    Bellamy
    Suarez
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is my 'friend' Raven's view but I will address it as it is worth addressing.

You see the difference between Rafa returning and Kenny returning is that in Kenny's case the whole fan base was united behind him (well maybe apart from you Raven!! - I have no idea what you thought last January). I do think that Rafa would love to return and it could happen one day but if he did he would not return to an undivided fan base, some would not want him that's for sure - I know several Rafa haters!!

The thing is tho that Rafa is so LFC through and through that it is hard to see him as manager of any other club in England and with him being so settled on the Wirral would he go abroad? - only he can answer that.

The thing is that taking over as LFC manager just now is prob not that attractive to someone with no links to the club with no CL football, lots of ins and outs to sort, great expectations from the fans, if the person had no connections to the club would they get a fair deal (they would off me but I know what some LFC fans are like) - cos of all this I still favour Kenny staying for at least a year more but he needs to be prepared to admit mistakes in the transfer market by getting rids of some of the underachievers we currently have.

As soon as Comolli got the boot, I thought Rafa will be here next season as he doesn't like anyone interfering.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    As soon as Comolli got the boot, I thought Rafa will be here next season as he doesn't like anyone interfering.

but the owners have already said the the position will still be filled. they ditched comolli, not the actual position.

Rafa will not be here next season and for me thats a good thing!
    Forum Member
    Kenny hasn't had Champions League football, yet still managed to spend over 100million. We have Sugar Daddy owners now. If Rafa wanted a player, I'm sure they would give him the money for whoever that may be.

Rafa has very good links with players, I'm sure he would be able to attract them.

Carragher won't become assistant manager, he hasn't even got his coaching certificates and won't have by August.

I would go with Rafa and Mcallister as his number 2.

Doni
    Brad Jones
    Aurelio
    Skrtel
    C.Adam
    Spearing
    Downing
    Bellamy
    Suarez

I agree to the point that Rafa has good links with players - especially abroad but in the past that has resulted in us signing lots of duds so not sure that is a good thing.

Carra to me is too inclined towards the flawed view as put into practise this season by Kenny that 'British is best' and so whilst he knows the club I am not sure i want him on the staff for a while - and the coaching cert issue precludes that anyway as you have said.

Goodness me your list of outs!! - Suarez and Skrtel on (who to me are the only ones who football wise have been even remotely at the right level all season) and Henderson and Carroll not on it - they to me are the top of the list to go. I do agree about Spearing tho - simply not good enough sorry Jay shown by today and other matches too!!

But as I have said before it's all about opinions and we are all entitled to them!!
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said a few weeks back. The league has no importance for the rest of the season now. Everything should be about the FA Cup. Try and win that, then work hard in the summer. I think it can come good. I'd be more bothered if we weren't creating chances.

Oh well at least United have cheered me up a bit today!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a little chuckle at Raven's "ship out" list. Call people blinkered... Absolutely clueless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Liverpool have never finished lower than 8th since gaining promotion in 1962, but there must be a decent chance of that happening this season.
  • dgsmithdgsmith Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Doni - agree
    Brad Jones - disagree
    Aurelio - agree
    Skrtel - wtf?
    C.Adam - agree
    Spearing - undecided
    Downing - undecided
    Bellamy - wtf?
    Suarez - ...surely a joke??

I feel Kuyt will have to make way though for a quality winger/striker.. hopefully both!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    As I said a few weeks back. The league has no importance for the rest of the season now. Everything should be about the FA Cup. Try and win that, then work hard in the summer. I think it can come good. I'd be more bothered if we weren't creating chances.

Oh well at least United have cheered me up a bit today!

Bare in mind, we are 4 points above 14th in the League. I would say it's very important. Kenny's name will be tarnished no matter what cups we win. He should be going all out to win his remaining games. The owners objectives at the start of the season was top 4, not top 14.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bare in mind, we are 4 points above 14th in the League. I would say it's very important. Kenny's name will be tarnished no matter what cups we win. He should be going all out to win his remaining games. The owners objectives at the start of the season was top 4, not top 14.

I'd rather have The FA Cup than finish in 7th or 8th. Unlike some winning trophies is important to me. Winning two trophies this season would in my opinion be two fingers up to our rival supporters. Especially when most of them look like winning nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have also shown you a great deal of respect.

You defend your manager in the face of perfectly reasonable questioning and some very questionable results.

If i caused offence i will always say sorry because that is not my intention.

Perhaps i should just let the results speak for themselves, i don't really have to add anything.

Again, sorry for any offence taken.
    Come on Alan, accept his apology, for what I don't think was that bad anyway...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dgsmith wrote: »

Brad Jones - disagree
    Skrtel - wtf?
    Bellamy - wtf?
    Suarez - ...surely a joke??

I feel Kuyt will have to make way though for a quality winger/striker.. hopefully both!

Brad Jones is a Championship player at best, in his little run out the other week, I was watching through my hands, he spilled just about every cross that came in the box.

Skrtel is a hot head, yeah he's a beast, but he also looks like he's going to get sent off in every match and has been extremely lucky not to have been a few times this season.

Bellamy is shockingly bad. He's lost his pace and comes on for 10mins a match, only shout and swear for 7 of those minutes. We don't need players like him, who brings morale down.

Suarez is a liar and a cheat, I can't bare looking at his little grin every time he goes down in the box. He's wasted a stupid amount of chances this season by going down far too easily when he could have scored. He's given the club a bad name this season and we are hated by everyone because of it. We should cash in now before it gets too late.

We are becoming far too reliant on Suarez, just like we did with Owen, Gerrard and Torres over the years. We need to be pushing the team game, not play the ball to Suarez at every opportunity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Having a little chuckle at Raven's "ship out" list. Call people blinkered... Absolutely clueless.

This. In spades. :)
This discussion has been closed.