Danslink wrote: »
    Isn't Helen Baxendale dead?

No, she most certainly isn't.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Helen Baxendale dead?

Her character in Cold Feet got killed off. Might that be what you're thinking of?
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's it.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,551
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    This hasn't aged well at all - I got the DVD's of the whole series a few months back. It was nostalgic viewing - but badly written and acted. Didn't realise Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) was Barry Kent.

I think the first series wasn't bad, but Growing Pains (tv series) seemed very rushed to me and badly adapted and badly done in general. I've just bought the DVD and watched Growing Pains first and I'm afraid my original view of Growing Pains has not changed.

The books where better abd brilliant in general, though I did like the Moles house a lot actually from the TV series!
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, please, please could you tell me where from? WOuld be desperate to see this again. Thanks in advance. :)

I got mine from Amazon, OK its a little dated but still as funny as I remember :D:D
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that's it.

She must be a good actress then. :D Were you joking?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to recall that in the 1984 series, Adrian spoke like a West Midlander, when he was supposed to be a Leicester lad! As anyone who, like me, lives in Leicestershire, would know, the accents are very different.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall that in the 1984 series, Adrian spoke like a West Midlander, when he was supposed to be a Leicester lad! As anyone who, like me, lives in Leicestershire, would know, the accents are very different.

Naar they are all Brummy accents ;)
    Forum Member
    Anyone got any links as to what Lindsey Stagg (Pandora) is doing now and what she looks like now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spang wrote: »
    If you search on Youtube for Adrian Mole there are some episodes uploaded.

Id rather have it on DVD to watch on a television and converting youtube clips for that is horrible.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Id rather have it on DVD to watch on a television and converting youtube clips for that is horrible.

You don't need to convert these days. An iPad or a laptop with hdmi can do the job and can connect to the television fine.
    Forum Member

It is available to buy now. I bought one online last week and it arrived within 2 days.
  • harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I watched it first time around on the telly, and recently again (dvd) and I found it just as entertaining. It wasn't meant to be an extensive or expensive production. I think it stands up pretty well.

I read the first two books beforehand and I was pretty much satisfied with what they'd done in two short series. Sue Townsend was apparently pleased with the result as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    It is available to buy now. I bought one online last week and it arrived within 2 days.

Was that on ioffer?
    Forum Member
    Was that on ioffer?

ioffer?

I won't mention the site because I don't think the mods would like it but no I think it arrived quickly as I ordered it early in the day and its a quiet time of the year for most businesses, so it didn't take them long once they got the order.

I think you can get it for about £10-12 and maybe cheaper if you go for a used one etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    ioffer?

I won't mention the site because I don't think the mods would like it but no I think it arrived quickly as I ordered it early in the day and its a quiet time of the year for most businesses, so it didn't take them long once they got the order.

I think you can get it for about £10-12 and maybe cheaper if you go for a used one etc.

Ioffer is a site where people buy stuff thats not commercially avaliable. I picked up a few of the 60s batman shows through it.

Its basically traders just getting hold of stuff copying it and selling disks. At times they ve been known to charge ridiculous prices because they think its rare.
    Forum Member
    Ioffer is a site where people buy stuff thats not commercially avaliable. I picked up a few of the 60s batman shows through it.

Its basically traders just getting hold of stuff copying it and selling disks. At times they ve been known to charge ridiculous prices because they think its rare.

I bought my copy from Amazon.