The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    BIB - she will be 8 months pregnant in July, surely your doctor would advise you not to travel on long haul flights :confused:

Most airlines won't allow you to fly after about 32-33 weeks and many others stop you as early as 28 weeks. It's not considered healthy to fly in late pregnancy and there is the obvious risk of going into labour at 35000 feet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    So she doesn't specify that What Katie Did Next is coming back to ITV2 then? Just 'tv shows'.

Yes. But i would presume they would air on a network, the most likely would be itv2 or mtv or E?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm close to someone who was raped. I've seen the damage it causes, so someone using it in the most crass and sensationalist way is highly offensive.

The same with me. Seeing what my friend went through and what the court case was like still upsets me to this day and it was over 20 years ago.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    BIB - she will be 8 months pregnant in July, surely your doctor would advise you not to travel on long haul flights :confused:

was thinking that!

She would have to have a letter from a Doctor/ midwife I think to say it's ok for her to travel and with her history of losing babies, it's a real risk. Plus there is a higher chance of early labour and then DTV. Plus a lot of airlines won't fly you when you are near the end of your pregnancy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The same with me. Seeing what my friend went through and what the court case was like still upsets me to this day and it was over 20 years ago.

I don't think it's my place to go into too much detail since it didn't happen to me, but I have seen someone go through hell over it.

I am not saying Katie isn't traumatised, or that she wasn't raped, but to use such a delicate subject in order to gain attention is just wrong. For me it came across as someone clearly not thinking of someone other then herself and media interest/perception. Then there is the innocent parties who will come into suspicion. If you can talk to the press why cant you talk to the police? an innocent person could eaisly be blamed, did she not think of that? Most of the time Katie just makes me roll my eyes, but this makes my blood boil.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post, sorry!!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeMe122 wrote: »
    On 5th feb she tweeted:

one of her fans tweeted her:

@Misskatieprice what's going on uve had no reality shows out, perfume, books, CALENDAR oh and america for ages, when u coming back? xx

@craigscott21 Yes i know i have done it by choice but don't worry this year i have 2 books perfume tv shows america and oz lots more products

On 18th April she tweeted

@craigscott21 hey craig noo but going oz and LA in July

You can go and find the tweets on this guys favourites

Course you have dear.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but, how do you know that she's not traumatized?
    She may be okay with it now, or have accepted it and moved on.

I also don't think she talks about it at all, she didn't mention anything about it on her books. She spoke about it once.

Not everyone deals with everything the same. People are different.

Actually, the fact she didn't mention it in any of her autobiographies is telling. Usually, if people in the public eye mention something as personal and traumatic as this, it's done in their autobiography. The whole point of an autobiography is that you record your life, warts and all. Many famous people have talked about hom emotionally draining the process is, because they're often having to dredge up unhappy and traumatic events along with all the triumphs and happy events. KP has 'written' several volumes of her autobiography, yet the rape was never mentioned.

If KP was raped, why isn't she out there talking about it and supporting organisations that help victims of rape?
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member

I also don't think she talks about it at all, she didn't mention anything about it on her books. She spoke about it once.

Wrong.
    She permitted Gary wots his face to write about it in his alleged booky-wook. And because there was a deal in place ,some excerpts from the book were posted in a Pap (not sure which one,but most likely the Scum)..and the part about her rape claim was one of those articles. Now she is bringing it up to bask in recent publicity of a genuine reported & dealt with rape. So that is at least 4 times that I alone know of.
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Actually, the fact she didn't mention it in any of her autobiographies is telling. Usually, if people in the public eye mention something as personal and traumatic as this, it's done in their autobiography. The whole point of an autobiography is that you record your life, warts and all. Many famous people have talked about hom emotionally draining the process is, because they're often having to dredge up unhappy and traumatic events along with all the triumphs and happy events. KP has 'written' several volumes of her autobiography, yet the rape was never mentioned.

If KP was raped, why isn't she out there talking about it and supporting organisations that help victims of rape?
    BIB ....TOTALLY agree. She wrote of her every fart in her multi bios. There was never an inkling of this till she decided it was a 'cool' subject on a passing bandwagon & hopped on board. And by cool I DO NOT belittle rape,but those who use it & childhood abuse as a tool for sympathetic press coverage when they've dug themselves into a bad publicity hole.
    Forum Member
    I dunno, LOL, She might take a ship or ferry. :D

Well ,that would be apt. Wasn't that how we got rid of annoying scumbags in the past ?:D
  • wuzzlemaniawuzzlemania Posts: 413
    Forum Member

I am not saying Katie isn't traumatised, or that she wasn't raped, but to use such a delicate subject in order to gain attention is just wrong. For me it came across as someone clearly not thinking of someone other then herself and media interest/perception. Then there is the innocent parties who will come into suspicion. If you can talk to the press why cant you talk to the police? an innocent person could eaisly be blamed, did she not think of that? Most of the time Katie just makes me roll my eyes, but this makes my blood boil.

I agree with all you've said, to me it came across as attention seeking, she casually mentions it in her OK column and then acts surprised that the media picked up the story and ran with it. She had to know that declaring she had a celebrity rapist would turn into a giant game of guess who, with any man who had any contact with her being under suspicion.

And she had to know that when they stepped out in public wearing an ace of spades t-shirt (I think it was Alex, but I'm not sure) days after the allegations the finger of suspicion would be pointed at one specific ex, and she also managed to drag her ex-husband into it as well. It just seemed to me to be about grabbing headlines rather raising awareness.
    Forum Member
    OH GAWD ! She is STILL banging on about America ?
    She has been touting that story round & about since PA binned her sorry a$$ & we are STILL awaiting any evidence. She went up for a bit part in SATC & failed the audition.........LOL. Likely the producers fell asleep listening to her droning voice.

What a dopey tart she really is.......DUH !
    Forum Member
    I agree with all you've said, to me it came across as attention seeking, she casually mentions it in her OK column and then acts surprised that the media picked up the story and ran with it. She had to know that declaring she had a celebrity rapist would turn into a giant game of guess who, with any man who had any contact with her being under suspicion.

And she had to know that when they stepped out in public wearing an ace of spades t-shirt (I think it was Alex, but I'm not sure) days after the allegations the finger of suspicion would be pointed at one specific ex, and she also managed to drag her ex-husband into it as well. It just seemed to me to be about grabbing headlines rather raising awareness.
    Wasn't she questioned by the police about her allegations ? I think she was. A perfect opportunity to settle it all offered to her & she refused to co-operate. That says it all.
  • wuzzlemaniawuzzlemania Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    janna wrote: »
    Wasn't she questioned by the police about her allegations ? I think she was. A perfect opportunity to settle it all offered to her & she refused to co-operate. That says it all.

From what I remember the police were involved, it was around the time she phoned up the Wright Show to complain about the media and declare she would never give a name, and then went on to mention a name in front of her camera crew.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH GAWD ! She is STILL banging on about America ?
    She has been touting that story round & about since PA binned her sorry a$$ & we are STILL awaiting any evidence. She went up for a bit part in SATC & failed the audition.........LOL. Likely the producers fell asleep listening to her droning voice.

What a dopey tart she really is.......DUH !

I can't believe SATC turned her down, the Gerri Halliwell cameo was toe curlingly bad, how on earth could she be worse then that?
    Forum Member
    I can't believe SATC turned her down, the Gerri Halliwell cameo was toe curlingly bad, how on earth could she be worse then that?
    Oh god...Gerri was dreadful for sure. Just goes to show what a low bar they set.And yet KP was below that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god...Gerri was dreadful for sure. Just goes to show what a low bar they set.And yet KP was below that.

Probably did us all a favour. KP and SATC combined, the universe can only take so much vapidity and self aborsedness before it destroys itself.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'What Katie did next' is coming back to our screens later this year, She's been on telly for 13 years too.

Perhaps the show will be renamed, who Katie Married next....and as for being on tv for 13 years, well it's only on some cruddy channel no bugger watches so not many people will even see it... In fact I don't even know why those dumb companies still allow a show on her to be made...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    That's one thing about her that appalls me. It's good for someone in the public eye to talk about sexual assault or mental health issues or miscarriage but she used these sensitive subjects for sensationalism and oneupmanship rather than to let people know it's ok to have been through crap.

If she was to come out and talk about her rape or her miscarriage as a way to make people realise that others have been through it too, then that would be a good thing but with her, it's more like 'you think that's bad well THIS happened to me so nah nah nah'. it's like a boast that she's had it worse than anyone else.
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Had she just left out that BIB, then it would have been fine, but to dilute her 'applause' for this woman with such a self-serving reference to her own experience is just so crass.

Absolutely agree with both of you... how you deal with stressful events is completely down to the individual affected... counselors who have lived through the same situation can be a god send for victims... this is the antithesis of helpful it is like slapping the victim around the face saying your not the only one instead of holding out a hand saying you're not alone.

I find it especially crass that she is a columnist for the paper that all but named this victim... and she has not complained on the focus the press have put on alcohol and how drunk this young woman was... it is a nasty slant on this case the young woman is the victim of a violent crime how drunk she was in the privacy of her hotel room should never have been reported... because she has no empathy this sailed over KP's head all that entered the vacuum of her head was how can I make this about me... absobloodylutely disgusting.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aside from the obvious robotic, droning, monotone voice and teeth licking the lazy mare was too bone idle to bother to learn a few lines ;) now considering she spends several hours at a go sitting on her flat arse whilst her 'stylist's' ;) cake on the slap and pin her hair on there really is no excuse.
    Another fine example of the 'hard working' 'business woman' :yawn:
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One has to wonder why it was never in her books? There is no story to tell. She uses the line "I was raped" for publicity, its obvious. Its not a word that women throw about and then change the subject. She is an attention seeker, but to use that is disgusting.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree with both of you... how you deal with stressful events is completely down to the individual affected... counselors who have lived through the same situation can be a god send for victims... this is the antithesis of helpful it is like slapping the victim around the face saying your not the only one instead of holding out a hand saying you're not alone.

I find it especially crass that she is a columnist for the paper that all but named this victim... and she has not complained on the focus the press have put on alcohol and how drunk this young woman was... it is a nasty slant on this case the young woman is the victim of a violent crime how drunk she was in the privacy of her hotel room should never have been reported... because she has no empathy this sailed over KP's head all that entered the vacuum of her head was how can I make this about me... absobloodylutely disgusting.

Completely agree....every single breath of her, every move and utterance is consumed with herself.
    She plays the victim card 'better' than any z- lister out there.
    Just WTF is she wittering on about 'celebrity' rapist, just what relevance in her tiny mind would she think that would have?
    She really will step on anyone at any cost for another gasp of attention.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wait till the baby is born.......then the drama really kicks in.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait till the baby is born.......then the drama really kicks in.

There will be live coverage of the birth :D
This discussion has been closed.