The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• DebDynamiteDebDynamite Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    NMR wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Saturday night "primetime" show - HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2lj4kfLvzI - 911

So judging by the video above, it seems Spike did "a Wayne Rooney" and got a hair transplant somewhere along that way, as he was sporting a pretty much full head of hair on The Big Reunion (albeit quite tightly shaved one)
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the stories for me didnt match up with the time frames.
    And I'm sure more than one of the bands other than Liberty X must have been dropped due to lack of sales. I'm still puzzled by 911 height of success; I can't recall it being so big in the UK.
    NMR wrote: »
    Anyone remember the Saturday night "primetime" show - HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2lj4kfLvzI - 911
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLxXCqcxD8 - Honeyz
    Never heard of it until now, and looking at who presented it, I'm not surprised.
    How the heck can mega worldwide successful people like Beyonce manage to keep it together, and these two bit UK pop stars/puppets can't?!?!
    I reckon it's down to the management (as someone did mention, she had her dad as a manager at first and I'm not sure who it is now, but I bet hubby has a hand in it somehow) and the magnitude of talent. Beyonce's voice could knock them all even if they sang together - and of course some of them don't sing or have a strong voice.
  • rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Yes, that was Christian.

Have the reformed A1 gone right back to their boyband routes or are they continuing the proper band image from around 2002?

From what i've heard so far, they are going with being a proper band. They did a small gig here in October, i believe it was sold out, despite rumours of them releasing over here, there's been nothing yet and they've been going again over in Norway for some time now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Do we know who the replacement for Jay in 5ive is yet? Is it Paul S Club?

My money is on them not replacing J at all and going on as a 4-piece. Despite what they've been showing and saying about auditions, the band don't seem keen on a replacement member, the fans definitely don't, plus Five have just released new merchandise, merchandise that shows them as a 4-piece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

So excited about this!! Just registered for pre sale tickets!
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madmissi12 wrote: »
    Are the other three groups not doing it?

yeah, if you click on any of the events it says "artists performing" and has them all :D:D
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    How the heck can mega worldwide successful people like Beyonce manage to keep it together, and these two bit UK pop stars/puppets can't?!?!

?

The way I see it, these groups are put together by a record company who know they possibly don't have longevity, so they work them to the bone, flying them here there & everywhere to get every bit of publicity, while the girls are screaming at them, then once that starts to go, they'll go onto the next group, be it girl band, boy band or mixed.

So these poor kids are treated like gods/rock stars and have it all one day then the next day poof....all gone, must be hard on them.

I think with someone like Destiny's Child / Beyonce they seem to have longevity early on, so therefore maybe don't need to do as much publicity.

Saying that if you read about Take That/Westlife they do say they were travelling and promoting themselves and it wasn't until they hit the big time that this stops some what.
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope I manage to get tickets on Friday for Newcastle!

I saw B*Witched in Newcastle in 1999; they put on one hell of a show :D
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Comparing the likes of Beyonce to 911 and Bewitched is a bit unfair. Beyonce was managed by her parents and obviously they had her best interests at heart. Plus, Beyonce was performing and competing in talent competitions from an early age - she wasn't plucked from obscurity, told to sign contracts she barely understood and worked like a slave until her market value plummeted.

You've got to feel sorry for them - they thought they were leaving the dream, but they were obviously being used by record labels wanting to make a fortune from them.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Keviness wrote: »
    Really hope I manage to get tickets on Friday for Newcastle!

I saw B*Witched in Newcastle in 1999; they put on one hell of a show :D

Good luck! I wish I'd seen B*witched, I can remember watching the tour video (yes video not DVD!) and thinking it looked like a brilliant show.

Even though I listen to more guitar-based music now, I'm really tempted to try for a ticket for this, but part of me worries it might be a disapointment... oh the dilemma! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Good luck! I wish I'd seen B*witched, I can remember watching the tour video (yes video not DVD!) and thinking it looked like a brilliant show.

Even though I listen to more guitar-based music now, I'm really tempted to try for a ticket for this, but part of me worries it might be a disapointment... oh the dilemma! ;)

I have the Jump Up, Jump Down video :D might have to buy a new VCR... I still have the tour tshirt and program too although its abit battered now :(

I'm hoping this tour doesn't disappoint, I know B*Witched won't bit hey, Im biased haha.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I thought that too. I reckon that Destiny's Child and most other artists are worked manically during the first-middle part of their career, and they are probably mentally and physically exhausted and have nearly had it. They are promoting non-stop just to get anyone to hear/see them. But once they've attained a degree of success, maybe things can slow down a bit and they can regain some control. For someone who gets massive, like Beyonce, she then stops performing at any old thing - in fact she is very selective and then maintains a kind of exclusivity. I'm not saying she doesn't promote like mad when she needs to, but I think it can be limited.

I'm sure they suffer the same problems though - you hear about people going to rehab for exhaustion, or losing the plot a bit (Rihanna, Britney, etc) and/or I think it's very well covered up by their PR.

Having said all this, I still think the show hams it up a bit and makes things out to be more dramatic/scandalous than they are. There are plenty of people who work hard outside of showbiz and who probably spend their spare time drinking excessively and feeling down but it doesn't seem as crazily out of control as the popstar stuff.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gutted I am on holiday when the tour comes near me!!
    will have to rely on it being on TV or something??
  • ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I only started liking Five when Keep On Movin' was released - Closer to Me was an amazing last song

I loved closer to me. Its my fave five song
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Is the big reunion one off show going to be shown or is the programme only the build up to the show?
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought that too. I reckon that Destiny's Child and most other artists are worked manically during the first-middle part of their career, and they are probably mentally and physically exhausted and have nearly had it. They are promoting non-stop just to get anyone to hear/see them. But once they've attained a degree of success, maybe things can slow down a bit and they can regain some control. For someone who gets massive, like Beyonce, she then stops performing at any old thing - in fact she is very selective and then maintains a kind of exclusivity. I'm not saying she doesn't promote like mad when she needs to, but I think it can be limited.

I'm sure they suffer the same problems though - you hear about people going to rehab for exhaustion, or losing the plot a bit (Rihanna, Britney, etc) and/or I think it's very well covered up by their PR.

Having said all this, I still think the show hams it up a bit and makes things out to be more dramatic/scandalous than they are. There are plenty of people who work hard outside of showbiz and who probably spend their spare time drinking excessively and feeling down but it doesn't seem as crazily out of control as the popstar stuff.

I don't think they necessarily kept it together, they probably went through exactly the same thing or maybe worse. They just keep it private though.

I think revealing what goes on behind the scenes works better with pop bands who were not huge around the world because i guess they wouldn't want to tarnish the happy picture they paint of themselves, if that makes sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    Is the big reunion one off show going to be shown or is the programme only the build up to the show?

i hope it is.. they have a DVD coming out 25th March so maybe :)
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    i hope it is.. they have a DVD coming out 25th March so maybe :)

Wow ITV have clearly done much better with this show than they had expected. What with the ratings, announcing the arena tour and now a DVD. Fair play!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying the show so far - Liberty X came across well and they will have the least issues compared to the others . Actually shocked that the drama going on with Bwitched because I thought they got on well . It's doing amazing for itv2 - Ratings , Arena Tour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »

Yep, the full concert will be shown on itv2
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Booking my presale tickets for Manchester tomorrow morning....cannot wait for this :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come the bands re-recorded some of their tracks? I'm assuming we're getting an album maybe with 2013 versions! That'd be amazing!
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    If anyone's interested, its been confirmed on Twitter that its Mariama from the Honeyz and Lindsay from B*witched doing the ITV2 voicovers before and after the show tomorrow. :)