Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmmm. I can,as a former sufferer, confirm that depression doesn't make you an exploitative, attention seeking, fame hungry twit with a saint complex. Having said that, I don't think he's the full picnic,I think he's a fame addict and it defines him so much to the point where he'll happily exploit his own family members to fill his needs. He also need to adress his caffeine issue.

I've had depression off and on for most of my adult life, the last thing it makes you is a fame **** with a saint complex, I could barely get out of bed, let alone sell my soul to the media. I think he is not quite all there, but narcissism is a much more accurate description.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had depression off and on for most of my adult life, the last thing it makes you is a fame **** with a saint complex, I could barely get out of bed, let alone sell my soul to the media. I think he is not quite all there, but narcissism is a much more accurate description.

This ^^
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    Does anyone know where PA's other brothers and parents live or spend most of the year? Do they reside in the UK? Or in Europe?

If they do then you have the answer to WHY the brother came over to the UK.

< - snip - >

but hey, let's pretend PA did it to get the ratings eh?

Andrew's parent live in Aus. He wasn't alone.

But, without going over old ground, whatever reasons he came to the UK, they would have been ones that were discussed with all the family, parents included, and really is their business. His parents are elderly, it was probably a relief for them to know he was being looked after over here with the rest of the family around him. And Andrew would not have done anything he didn't want to do so this suggestion that he was manipulated into coming here is really silly. Also, re where he's buried, again, this would have been a family decision, so the suggestion that it's just for DOTY's convenience so he can be filmed grieving is really pushing credibility.

Did he exploit Andrew ill-health? Oh yes. With bells on. And unforgivably so. And continues to do so. But was it all a nefarious plot to provide a storyline for DOTY's show, absolutely no, at least not in my opinion. He IS awful but not as awful as that.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed, it makes you a guilt-ridden, anxious hermit, who cannot really function - horrible.

I also think narcissism is the cause of his woes, personally, in life, love and health. Do CAN exploit his willing and needy narcissism? Oh lord, that's a whole other issue!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    me too. But there were elements of it coming through in the KP/PA show and I think he is more bi-polar, going from manic highs and lows. Which may explain his need to be in the spotlight, no matter what.

Maybe I need to get a caffeine issue rather than a yummy food issue :D (mmm... toast...)

Don't say toast badcat, my mouth is watering. Dammit why do I have to be at work and toastless :(
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where PA's other brothers and parents live or spend most of the year? Do they reside in the UK? Or in Europe?

If they do then you have the answer to WHY the brother came over to the UK.

Because when you are dying, you want to be with your family and living in Australia would have meant the brother, his wife and child would have been pretty isolated as, in an emergency, it would have taken the rest of the family a day or two to even to get to him (depending on where he lived).

And when you are dying, every day counts.

So It would have been easier and less stressful for him to come over to the UK so his family could be with him, and support his wife and son in his final days.

Why move in with PA? because he had the room and no matter what anyone says, dying in a hospice is no fun for the people left behind or the person dying.

Sorry to keep bursting bubbles but unless you have actually lost someone by a slow and painful death like cancer you would understand that having the people you love by you and in easy reach is so VERY important and so VERY vital.

So the brother could have had his treatment and stayed in Australia with his wife and child and been isolated and alone while he dealt with this disease.

Or they could have come to the UK where there would be family that could get to them within a few hours and be there every day to support and help them all.

Again, bash away at me but Peter having his brother and family move in with him is an incredibly hard thing to do, to watch someone you love fade away isn't a whole lot of fun. It's not like you just move them into a spare room.

But at least the family had support, company and family round them during that time and at the end.

but hey, let's pretend PA did it to get the ratings eh?

Very loss to hear about your loss Badcat, completely understand your sensitivity as in the same boat having nursed both my parents through end stages of cancer. To answer your question I believe Pete's brothers are based close by in the UK but his sister and parents live in Australia. They are all very protective of their parents. When Pete had his breakdown the brothers took him away to America for treatment and his parents weren't even told about it until years later. So I imagine the family collectively felt they wouldn't be able to cope with seeing Andrew suffer. I think they also placed great hopes on the clinical trials the Royal Marsden were running so Andrew was coming over to get well and return rather than coming to die. I'm sure they wondered at the end if they'd done the right thing and if they'd known he wouldn't respond to treatment perhaps they'd have all decided to take time off and go to Australia to support the family there. Cancer is a roller-coaster you keep on hoping up until the last moment :(
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Cos it would cost too much to fly Andre and a film crew to Australia every time they wanted to show Senstitive Pete getting upset at his brother's graveside.

Crass, tasteless, disgusting. The exploitation of Andrew goes on.:mad:

What about his daughter..how does she get to visit her fathers grave when she lives in Australia?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about his daughter..how does she get to visit her fathers grave when she lives in Australia?

You don't have to visit a person's grave to remember them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    You don't have to visit a person's grave to remember them.

I know that Lexi .. But she isn't being given that choice ..nor are his parents ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, it makes you a guilt-ridden, anxious hermit, who cannot really function - horrible.

I also think narcissism is the cause of his woes, personally, in life, love and health. Do CAN exploit his willing and needy narcissism? Oh lord, that's a whole other issue!:D

Now there is a thread that could go on forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that Lexi .. But she isn't being given that choice ..nor are his parents ...

But why assume that's an issue for them?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why assume that's an issue for them?

I didn't say it was an issue ..I'm wondering why he is buried here
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Ian Hyland's review is spot on in Daily Mirror today!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »

From twitter - https://twitter.com/HylandIan

I swear the link to today's column will be available soon. I think some rabid Peter Andre fans might have hacked in and blocked it.

:D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From twitter - https://twitter.com/HylandIan

I swear the link to today's column will be available soon. I think some rabid Peter Andre fans might have hacked in and blocked it.

:D

Is this it?
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/ian-hyland-tv-opinion-itv2-1819127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Deleted
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say it was an issue ..I'm wondering why he is buried here

Because either he wanted to be buried here or his wife did.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

Thanks!!

I like Peter Andre, I really do. Only last week I was teaching the kids the words to Mysterious Girl in the car.

I’d also love it if he could somehow be reunited with Bubbler Ranx on the next series of The Big Reunion.

And it goes without saying that his introduction film and the subsequent ribbing it took from Ant and Dec will always be in the top 10 I’m A Celebrity moments of all time.

Yeah, he’s all right is Peter Andre. He’s a needy buffoon at times, for sure, but you can tell his heart is in the right place.

ITV2 and Peter Andre’s management team, though? The closest thing the television industry has to an axis of evil.

If you thought The Voice had gone a bit overboard with the dead relatives last Saturday you should see what they’re cooking up over at the latest run of Peter Andre: My Life.

Because despite their bold claims about “private time being more *important than ever” they still thought nothing about shoving the TV cameras back in his face FOUR WEEKS after his brother Andrew died of cancer. They may have exploited many aspects of Pete’s life in the past, including his ex-wife, his kids, his fans and his, ahem, viral *meningitis, but this crossed the line.

Whatever happened to a private grief?

I mean, would it have hurt to keep the cameras packed away for a few more weeks?

Would the National TV Awards red carpet really have suffered if Pete hadn’t walked down it?

Would his meeting with a terminally ill fan have meant any less to her if she hadn’t had a camera crew and assorted hangers-on thrust in her face as well?

And more importantly, would his team have even run the risk of the beef drying out waiting for Pete to arrive if there hadn’t been the chance of a few minutes of weepy footage at that impromptu Sunday lunch party for him and his other brothers?

The sensible answer to any of these questions would be no. Sadly, the cynical answer would be yes. And cynicism seems to win every time for his team, who clearly believe that if they want his fans to carry on buying into – and from – Brand Andre, nothing can ever be *considered off limits.

It’s a bizarre way to treat a grieving man and his family, of course.

I’m surprised they haven’t lasered “nothing is real unless it has been caught on camera” on to the insides of his eyelids.

And the saddest thing is that a small part of Pete must see it’s a bit off.

That’s perhaps why he felt the need to justify it all with this laughable *explanation: “You can’t just have six months off. You’ll lose your job.”

Pete, mate. You took six years off in the late 90s. And you survived just fine.

PS. In the interests of balance I’m happy to report Pete still loves his kids.

I could sense you were worrying about that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that bloke has been sucking thoughts out my head :D

very spot on that.

great,,, Now I have mysterious girl in my head. And I bet it's going to be there "all" day! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that bloke has been sucking thoughts out my head :D

very spot on that.

great,,, Now I have mysterious girl in my head. And I bet it's going to be there "all" day! :eek:

Look on the bright side - it could be Insania.:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IH is as perceptive as ever.:)

And the saddest thing is that a small part of Pete must see it’s a bit off.

That’s perhaps why he felt the need to justify it all with this laughable *explanation: “You can’t just have six months off. You’ll lose your job.”

Pete, mate. You took six years off in the late 90s. And you survived just fine.

PS. In the interests of balance I’m happy to report Pete still loves his kids.

I could sense you were worrying about that
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rather a scathing headline! How unusual, almost uncanny it is to see print media take a pop at CAN. They have mysteriously held off for years.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side - it could be Insania.:D

GAHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather a scathing headline! How unusual, almost uncanny it is to see print media take a pop at CAN. They have mysteriously held off for years.:confused:

I'm a bit perplexed that Ian sees it all as poor hapless DOTY being manipulated into this, rather than him happily going along with the axis of evil? :confused: Particularly when one half of the axis of evil works for DOTY? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit perplexed that Ian sees it all as poor hapless DOTY being manipulated into this, rather than him happily going along with the axis of evil? :confused: Particularly when one half of the axis of evil works for DOTY? :confused:

I wondered about that aswell.
    Clearly even the mighty IH isn't immune from Andre the man-baby's poor-wickle-me schtick.
This discussion has been closed.