2013 Start Date

R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
Forum Member
When do we think Strictly Come Dancing will return to our screens this year?

7th September, 14th September, 21st September or 28th September?

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    If it follows the same pattern as last year (which I'm fairly sure it will), then the launch show will air on Saturday the 14th, with the first live show three weeks later on the 4th/5th weekend.
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Yeah probably. Wish it started early though ��
  • Ste30yoSte30yo Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    No, I think the length of the series is just right... launch mid sept, start beginning of oct finishing by christmas. Not like the "X" factor, which is far too long a series I think...
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ste30yo wrote: »
    No, I think the length of the series is just right... launch mid sept, start beginning of oct finishing by christmas. Not like the "X" factor, which is far too long a series I think...[/QUOTE]

X Factor is a complete waste of TV airtime!
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,368
    Forum Member
    I just can't wait for it to get started. :D
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    I just can't wait for it to get started. :D

Same here, at least the Launch Show isn't too far off! :D
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had an email about applying for tickets to the launch events. They'll be recording the Red Carpet thing on the Tuesday, 3rd September and the Premiere Show on the 4th. Not sure when they'll be broadcast - can't remember what they did a whole year ago :o.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I thought last year they recorded it the week they broadcast it. Therefore I am inclined to believe that the Launch Show is to be broadcast on 7th September. :)
    Forum Member
    Maybe the series is 13 weeks long this time, coz that's a week earlier than last year :eek: :D
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »

Thanks olivej....:)
    Now the decision is whether to apply for the premiere or all the shows... undecided...:eek::eek:
    oooo... things are getting so excting... :D
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you olivej - tantalisingly close!
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Maybe the series is 13 weeks long this time, coz that's a week earlier than last year :eek: :D

If it means that all the dances are completed by the finalists then I'm in favor of that.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Last series started a week later than Series 8 and 9 so it's just going back to normal.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    By my maths it definitely seems to be a week earlier. I wonder if there is going to be an extra contestant/week? Will the show finale a week earlier or will there be an extra week of training between the launch and the proper series.:confused:
    Last series started a week later than Series 8 and 9 so it's just going back to normal.
    Strictly normally finishes on the Saturday before Christmas, the series started earlier for S 8 & 9 because they couldn't have the live finale on a Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. They have had previous finals on the on the 22nd and 23rd.
    This year the Saturday before Christmas is the 21st, If the Strictly live shows are starting on September 27/28th then the finale will be December 14th if it is running for the normal 12 weeks.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year they had a 4 couple final & the 2 series before that they have had a double elimination in the final. An extra week could be fitted in if they have 1 couple eliminated up until the semi final. Of course that would leave no insurance plan if someone drops out injured or we could end up with 2 couples in the final.
    Forum Member
    I don't mind 2 couple finals actually!! :D

If ots such an issue though they could always have no elimination one week like on DWTS.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe they've just moved the final a week earlier because it's inconvenient to have it well under a week before Christmas.
  • Reggie PerrinReggie Perrin Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    @StrictlyNewswire is back and Tweeting about the big reveal on September 3rd, with the Premiere show recording on the 4th:
    https://twitter.com/SCD2013News/status/365226827100340224
    https://twitter.com/SCD2013News/status/365172241081696256

Wasn't this Premiere show on TV in the first week of October last year ? Can't see it being in the can for a month before it's shown. Definitely things seem to be moving up the calendar...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't this Premiere show on TV in the first week of October last year ? Can't see it being in the can for a month before it's shown. Definitely things seem to be moving up the calendar...

The launch show (pairing the celebs up with pros plus a group dance) was on the 15th September. The live shows began on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th October. 2010 and 2011 were a week earlier as Saturday fell on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve respectively but otherwise had identical patterns.
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are going to Blackpool at the half waay stage, as seems likely. Maybe they will have a week with no show to allow 2 weeks to move and set up
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I've just had an email about applying for tickets to the launch events. They'll be recording the Red Carpet thing on the Tuesday, 3rd September and the Premiere Show on the 4th. Not sure when they'll be broadcast - can't remember what they did a whole year ago :o.

What is the premiere show?
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    What is the premiere show?

It's what they're calling the pairing up show with a group dance at the end. The first 'competitive' live show is usually about 3 weeks later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are going to Blackpool at the half waay stage, as seems likely. Maybe they will have a week with no show to allow 2 weeks to move and set up

They're never going to do that in a million years. The channel's flagship light entertainment show taking a week off, potentially allowing the opposition on ITV to claw back lost ground and leaving the rest of the BBC's schedule for that night in disarray? Unheard of.

And it's not like it took them two weeks to set up Blackpool or Wembley in previous years.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    They're never going to do that in a million years. The channel's flagship light entertainment show taking a week off, potentially allowing the opposition on ITV to claw back lost ground and leaving the rest of the BBC's schedule for that night in disarray? Unheard of.

And it's not like it took them two weeks to set up Blackpool or Wembley in previous years.

especially as the set is dismantled and rebuilt every week anyway (at tvc).

I think the show is probably scheduled to finish a week earlier.