• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Half of Predators..i gave up as its a pile of shit :D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Five Minutes of Heaven [2009]. Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel

7/10

17 year old UVF gunman makes his first kill, witnessed by his victim's kid brother. 33 years later a TV company tries to arrange a meeting for reconciliation. The events of 1975 were real, the rest of the film fiction. Curious project for the German director of the wonderful Downfall. This had an Irish release but went straight to BBC2 in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Silent Night (2012) - 8.5/10

Surprisingly great Christmas slasher film! Malcolm McDowell clearly had a laugh filming it :D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Small Soldiers - 7/10

Love them using Spice Girls as psychological warfare :D
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingdom of War Pt1 & Pt2

Wow.... I'm going to keep it simple: Both films are bad. They are both almost 3 hours long each and I grew a 6 month old beard within 15 minutes of watching the first one. I lasted a little over an hour into it and turned it off. The next day I decided to give the 2nd film a chance and was determined to watch the whole damn thing. I lasted 90 minutes. It's an amateurish production from Thailand with very poor acting, (mostly) poor battle scenes, and very poor writing. The pacing is painfully slow. Normally I love epic films from various countries but these two just gave me an epic ulcer - and one hell of a beard.
    Forum Member
    Just watched Hallowed Ground

not bad bit daft :D i just realised halfway through it was the girl in who was in Rest Stop..another horror shes in..i recognised her squeaky grovilly voice and thought it was her ( Jamie Alexander) ,,googled her too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodbye Charlie Bright thought it was a really good film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Batman Begins (2005) A reboot for the new century! Leaving behind the Burton/Schumacher quadrilogy, (rightfully so especially after 3 and 4), Christopher Nolan's version is more realistic and grittier. Gone are the vast towers of a dark Gotham and its over the top characters. With a blast of the french horn enters Bale's Batman, a worthy successor to Keatons 80's version, (the less said about Kilmer's version and Clooney's Bat-nipples the better!) Neesons Ducard/Al Ghul character adds to the realism especially as he appears the stronger of the two, but the movie is by no means perfect, a couple of the scenes just dont look right, for instance the scene in the subway when Batman gets shot with Dawes taser whilst he stands there head slightly bowed, smirking with his cape wrapped around him looks forced as if to say 'I'm Batman and that can't hurt me!' Big grin from the audience! Plenty of action, a nice origin story and believable characters, this franchise will be hard to beat next time round!
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    It's A Wonderful Life (1946) - 8/10
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erin Brockovich.

Hadn't seen it before as I didn't think I'd enjoy it (really not a fan of Julia Roberts, for a start!) but actually thought it a lot better than I'd imagined. 7/10.
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart's War. = Cheeeeesey crp. 2/10

It could have been good , but it was it turned into some sort of 'John Wayne type' run of the mill rubbish they print and put out.
    I didn't care about anyone in the film.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Half of Predators..i gave up as its a pile of shit :D

Loved the first 2 Predator films but was dissapointed by the third one !
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Small Soldiers - 7/10

Love them using Spice Girls as psychological warfare :D

Actually they looked more human than the plasticky real Spice Girls ! :D
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching Remember Me. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge [1985]. Director: Jack Sholder

5/10

And so the franchising begins.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Expendables - 7/10
    The Expendables 2 - 7/10
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Identity 6/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    White Christmas (1954) - 7/10
  • pjayem1964pjayem1964 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Little White Lies 7.5/10
    Standing In The Shadows Of Motown 10/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Thunderball 4/10
  • Shoe LaceShoe Lace Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Bruges 10/10
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I Am Sam 9/10

Brilliant moving film. Sean Penn did a superb job and Dakota fanning...Show much talent she was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - 10/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was ok. Actor Steven Lang, who plays the mad dog colonel, is the best thing about this film. I wish he was in it a lot more. Michelle Rodriguez played an interesting character too but unfortunately she was seldom used. Sam Worthington, who plays the lead character, was just plain dull. When he talks, he just sounds emotionless most of the time. A glass of milk has more personality than him. The visuals and SFX were, of course, spectacular. This is my second time watching it (first time was Christmas 2010) and my thoughts on it hasn't changed at all. It's still just an "ok" film.
    Forum Member
    just watched Mr Brooks ( kevin costner)..not bad thriller, was bit boring but watchable, nothing exciting :D ..Only Costner films i like are Revenge and No way out
This discussion has been closed.