Lowri Turner - matthew wright show 12.12.12 - Omg!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
Forum Member
✭✭
She is so rude! They were talking about the nurse who killed herself. Lowri reckons that the nursehas to take some blame herself because she left her children and 'what mother leaves her children to go and work'. So horrible as if the family don't have enough to feel bad about.

Comments

• StylesStyles Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes speaking the truth, the nurse took the cowards way out and was selfish in regard to her family.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Troll alert.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styles wrote: »
    Shes speaking the truth, the nurse took the cowards way out and was selfish in regard to her family.

To be fair i think thats a bit harsh without knowing what went on behind the scenes fully.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nurse was clearly very ill, so was not in the right state of mind when she took her own life. People that commit suicide don't think about the people they leave behind - she was clearly very depressed. Uncalled for from Lowri Turner if that's what she said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nasty thing to say. When someone commits suicide they are at the lowest they can be. Is not selfish just really sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nurse was clearly very ill, so was not in the right state of mind when she took her own life. People that commit suicide don't think about the people they leave behind - she was clearly very depressed. Uncalled for from Lowri Turner if that's what she said.

Having suffered depression myself i agree,i just hope Lowri Turner never does as if she said what she did she just appears to be ignorant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not true, people that commit suicide or attempt it often do think about the people they leave behind and usually they think they will be much better off if they are not in their lives any more. It's like I am so bad or useless that I am a burden to you and you can live a much easier life if I'm not around to mess it up for you any more. Of course that's very rarely the case, if ever, but they are not exactly thinking rationally.

Why do people think that life, or death, is always so black and white, cut and dried and that they need to be so judgmental about people they really have no idea about?
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    That's not true, people that commit suicide or attempt it often do think about the people they leave behind and usually they think they will be much better off if they are not in their lives any more. It's like I am so bad or useless that I am a burden to you and you can live a much easier life if I'm not around to mess it up for you any more. Of course that's very rarely the case, if ever, but they are not exactly thinking rationally.

Why do people think that life, or death, is always so black and white, cut and dried and that they need to be so judgmental about people they really have no idea about?

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as judgemental. That's not what my post was intended for.
  • echoroseechorose Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »

Totally agree. That is exactly what went through my mind. I thought my husband and two babies would have been better off without me. You become detached as if watching from the outside and you see no way out other than ending it.

Luckily for me and my family I wasn't successful. Went on to have another child and they are all grown up now. Still have a lovely husband who stood by me and helped. The nurse must have felt so alone and trapped to do what she did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echorose wrote: »
    Totally agree. That is exactly what went through my mind. I thought my husband and two babies would have been better off without me. You become detached as if watching from the outside and you see no way out other than ending it.

Luckily for me and my family I wasn't successful. Went on to have another child and they are all grown up now. Still have a lovely husband who stood by me and helped. The nurse must have felt so alone and trapped to do what she did.

My expierience was different i had clincal depression and my mind was all over the place i could not think about the next hour let alone family.

All i could see was blackness and no light and was totally in a world of my own so its different for everybody i would say.:)
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is so rude! They were talking about the nurse who killed herself. Lowri reckons that the nursehas to take some blame herself because she left her children and 'what mother leaves her children to go and work'. So horrible as if the family don't have enough to feel bad about.

Wait a minute - did Turner claim that the nurse should take the blame because she committed suicide or because she chose to "leave her children to go and work"? The latter is completely unforgiveable and should rightly alienate every working mother in the country. IF that's what she said...
  • FlannerzFlannerz Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    When I went to see The Wright Stuff Lowri Turner kept looking at me and I thought she fancied me. Turns out there was a monitor behind me and she was looking at that!
  • Mozza111Mozza111 Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    she was very good at the graffiti discussion today though
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her views are inappropriate at such a time. The views here on the nurse's previous health are unfounded and merely conjecture, as only those close knew how she was and rightly so are entitled to privacy.

Turner may feel justified in her view, but it's not something for debate at this raw emotional time and sympathy should be the only expression.
  • CocaColaCocaCola Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    There is no way on this earth that this situation would have drove someone to suicide, the hospital itself said she faced no disciplinary action.

What is clear, is she clearly was mentally unstable and some would question whether she should have been employed as a nurse at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Matthew shut her up pretty quickly. Pity he didn't do what he does with callers who overstep the mark though!
  • MJ_ShamoMJ_Shamo Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    It's been in Private Eye many times in the past that she is hugely hypocritical when it comes to matters such as parenting. I think the father of her children (who she is seperated from) has care of her kids rather than her - mostly so she can...work!
  • JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a dick :confused:
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,672
    Forum Member
    Glad I didnt see it. She always comes across as the most vile person. I thought she had been ditched from the show as I can't remember the last time I saw her on it and she used to seem to be on nearly every week at one point.

Whatever her opinion on the matter of the nurse, there is a time and a place to air them and it isnt when the matter is still fresh and raw. There are more sensitive ways to put your opinion across too without being just plain offensive like Lowri Turner seems to thrive on being. Wasn't she even pretty insulting towards her own child for being mixed race a few years back?
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the point of having guests reviewing the papers if they can't express an opinion or speculate on the stories ?

Turner only said what the rest of us are thinking, that it's obvious to anyone with Common Sense that this woman had a fragile mental disposition.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Matthew shut her up pretty quickly. Pity he didn't do what he does with callers who overstep the mark though!

Screechy Woman should have a quiet word with Lowly Lowri:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CocaCola wrote: »
    There is no way on this earth that this situation would have drove someone to suicide, the hospital itself said she faced no disciplinary action.

What is clear, is she clearly was mentally unstable and some would question whether she should have been employed as a nurse at all.

That's a sweeping statement. no one knows when their world can be turned upside down. She appears to have been a perfectly capable nurse and nurses are no more super human than anyone else.
    The hospital says they haven't disciplined anyone..not sure I can believe you wouldn't have recieved a right bo££ocking for getting caught on the hop like that. As a friend of mine in the NHS says you would have done in her hospital.
    I can only speculate and think of emabrassed,bullying or exasperated bosses,unfriendly/unsympathetic colleagues and going back alone to nurses' quarters and the affect that might have on a sensitive person away from her family. And to Lowri I say some people have to move to get work and her children were not that young that they needed her everyday attention but where I do agree is that everyone should be able to put into perspective the hurt they cause when they take their life. However people who do so are in a dark place that most of us manage to struggle out of. And how dark must that have been for an RC to commit that sin? I do wonder if the sense of guilt and shame weighed heavy through cultural background.
    Put into the mix of causes the way our sensationalist media handled the the prank call and you get some idea of the pressure on that poor woman.
    And, you can say do we want nurses who are sensitive or do we want hard-hearted individuals with no sense of what is needed in a caring profession?
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Turner trying to revive her TV career, such as it was?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Wait a minute - did Turner claim that the nurse should take the blame because she committed suicide or because she chose to "leave her children to go and work"? The latter is completely unforgiveable and should rightly alienate every working mother in the country. IF that's what she said...

She said basically that the nurse should take some responsibility because she left her children to go and work away from them. That is why i found it so shocking. She was only trying to earn a living and should not be used against her.
  • VincentHVincentH Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    JJ75 wrote: »
    What a dick :confused:

Actually no. Suicide is selfish.

A good example is that hundreds of people throw themselves in front of trains every year (I know because my journeys are often disrupted by it and I've chatted to guards about it), and the people who do it have no consideration for how they're going to leave the driver feeling afterwards. I heard of a young female driver who was fairly new in the job and had to deal with two incidents in 6 months, and received a great deal of counselling because of it. Some drivers never work again because of it. Is that not selfish?

If you have children who look up to you for guidance, love, well-being, and a multitude of other things, is it not selfish to deprive them of you being there, let alone the possible guilt they may feel as they may believe they were partly to blame.

Suicide is always extremely sad, and to say it's selfish can seem very heartless, but in my view it is. I read in one book on the subject that none of us know if we'll feel any better after committing suicide anyway. I'm not really a believer in the afterlife, but none of us can say for sure that our conscience doesn't continue in someway.

No matter how bad life gets, I always hope that an individual will remember the pain and guilt they'll most likely leave behind because of their actions, and seek help to end their suffering, rather than passing on their anguish to others.