iPhone non iPhone with Audi AMI

Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
Forum Member
Wonder if anyone has experience of using a non iphone along with the Audi (AMI). So if I get a S4 or HTC One and use a usb/32 pin adapter on the AMI will it work? Tracks displayed on centre console, controlled through Steering wheel etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    No one?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be surprised if it would do all the things it can do with an iPhone if you use an Android phone on it. Totally different operating systems and totally different ways of working. If the firmware of the car radio is designed purely to talk to iPhones or iPods then I doubt it will work with an Android device.

It's not like a PC where you just change the software you run depending on what device you've got plugged in. And of course there is no guarantee that HTC, Samsung or whoever use the same methods to control their audio players either even if they do run Android OS.
    Forum Member
    That was my thinking, I was thinking that the AMI was just a posh Audi word for "32 Pin Connector" in the glove box
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there no bluetooth connection? that should be device independent....
    Forum Member
    Yes there is, just not sure it will allowing streaming of music. Its no big problem I have an iPod touch I can use instead for my music.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Audi sells an AMI to micro-USB cable.. My other half has used her previous work phone (Samsung) with AMI. You'll only get music through with the latest Audi head units though. Call your local dealer is my best suggestion, they know.
    Forum Member
    Ok thanks guys, would assume any 32 pin to micro usb would work?