Where is Half Life 3?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need to play this before I grow old :D

Comments

• MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,973
    Forum Member
    I suspect they're just giving up on it. The franchise is a bit too long in the tooth now. It used to be a bit about showing off their physics engine and lighting effects which is nothing to go woohoo about these days. Any longer and it'll be another Duke Nukem Forever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the same place as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, just hope we can find them before we so old that we can't press the buttons anymore
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect they're just giving up on it. The franchise is a bit too long in the tooth now. It used to be a bit about showing off their physics engine and lighting effects which is nothing to go woohoo about these days. Any longer and it'll be another Duke Nukem Forever.

I don't think the graphics are the important part, it was always the story and gameplay. I played the Orange Box years after it came out and initially was put off by the way it looked but then thoroughly got into it.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even going to quote that ridiculous comment. It is unworthy of being quoted.

HL3/EP3 will probably be released on PC and Steambox.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even going to quote that ridiculous comment. It is unworthy of being quoted.

HL3/EP3 will probably be released on PC and Steambox.
    Yet you still mentioned it.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    Yet you still mentioned it.

A* for observation. Have a cookie.
  • MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,973
    Forum Member
    Well I'd love to be proved wrong but I'm not holding my breath. Nothing but rumours for the last few years as far as I can see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should make a fallout 3 type of game, but probably don't have the talent/money to do it.
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let sleeping dogs lie is what I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    ic wrote: »
    Let sleeping dogs lie is what I think.

After the cliffhanger at the end of Episode 2? F*ck that, i want a sequel.

I imagine that they'll be waiting until the next generation of consoles comes out, then they'll unveil the successor to the Steam engine with a HL3 demo.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    2014 Steambox exclusive. Crappy PC port 6 months later with no fov slider and day 1 DLC.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    After the cliffhanger at the end of Episode 2? F*ck that, i want a sequel.

Ditto!

I've been waiting years to find out what happens next with Gordon and co.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    boxx wrote: »
    2014 Steambox exclusive. Crappy PC port 6 months later with no fov slider and day 1 DLC.

I'm not sure if this post is meant to be sarcasm, but the Steambox is pretty much just a compact PC which is planned to be using LinuxOS and an alt version of Steam.

So it's still PC. :p

Also, Source 2.0 is in development, that news was revealed a few months back, it's their new engine so really, you know they're just saving half Life for that since Half Life 2 was used to promote their Source Engine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Also, Source 2.0 is in development, that news was revealed a few months back, it's their new engine so really, you know they're just saving half Life for that since Half Life 2 was used to promote their Source Engine.

That sounds like a step in the right direction - but if they are just developing the engine now when the hell's the game gonna come out? 2015, 2016? :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care anymore, I once craved Half Life 3 but the reality is it would probably disappoint these days, if its just a plain FPS. If they brought a new dimension to it maybe not but the chances seem slim, at least the near future so your better off giving up on it and looking at the other amazing games that are out or coming out. Valve disappointed a lot of fan on this one.
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half-Life 2 is over-rated, the best part of that game was the Source engine. Without that I doubt we'd even be mentioning the title "Half Life 2" only in nostalgic terms. The game is lacklustre, boring 15-hour gameplay which is exactly the same all the way through with stuff rehashed from the original.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    Half-Life 2 is over-rated, the best part of that game was the Source engine. Without that I doubt we'd even be mentioning the title "Half Life 2" only in nostalgic terms. The game is lacklustre, boring 15-hour gameplay which is exactly the same all the way through with stuff rehashed from the original.

I agree, perhaps I came to it 5 years too late, but when I played it felt a chore for the most part. The buggy along the coast sequence is something that sticks in my mind as particularly long winded.
  • ThrombosisThrombosis Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved HL2 - Still have it installed for nostalgia kicks. Who knows about the follow up, its been talked about for years... I'm waiting for another Portal personally but I'm sure they have their hands busy with the Steambox.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this post is meant to be sarcasm, but the Steambox is pretty much just a compact PC which is planned to be using LinuxOS and an alt version of Steam.

Yes I was being flippant :D
    Kirkfnw wrote: »

Couldn't disagree more:)
    That said, I'm really not bothered about HL3.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    SteamBox launch title in 2014, with simultaneous release on steam PC
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half Life 2 is one of my favourite games ever. I'd love to see HL3, it'll come one day ..;)