Another nutter writing for DM...Katie Hopkins

Comments

• milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the OP has inadvertently contributed to the viral marketing campaign for the Daily Mail's website. We should really get wise to the Mail's tactic of getting a gobshite to say something controversial and then wait for all the lovely advertising revenue as the 'hits' come rolling in.

Coming soon:
    • Gorgeous Samantha Brick calls for euthanasia for Britain's hideous pensioners.
    • Following the the sudden death of Christopher Biggins, Jan Moir repeatedly uses the word "troubling" to insinuate there was something sordid about an overweight homosexual's heart attack. [Disclaimer: Biggins is not dead]
    • Richard Littlecock says "You couldn't make it up!" about a made-up story that prisoners are being fed caviar because cheaper foods are a breach of their human rights.
    And the links will appear on the DS forums...

Lol... I take your point, but I personally never, ever buy the DM....It is an obnoxious paper and they have obnoxious writers. Even Julie Burchill seems to have joined them with her venom.
    Katie Hopkins is someone who loves the Conservative government, loves the recession and a "reality tv star" who clearly needs some money.
    Reading that piece has made me loathe her even more if it's at all possible.

And that 'romp in the field' pic......ewwwwww! :p Her kids will be SO proud. :mad:

She wreaked that poor girls life twice, once by taking her father away from her mother, and the second by leaving her father, breaking his heart, while wreaking another marriage...And she thinks pink leggings are low class...
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity the fragrant Kate hasn't learned that your children grow up far faster than you want them to and that they actually know at an early age how to use Google. Put the two facts together and her crass comments could well end up coming back to bite her in the bum.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Oh come on. No matter how horse-faced this woman is - surely she's being tongue-in-cheek! Surely she knows that India is one of the chavviest names around (Max and Poppy aren't that much better either).

I think she's having a laugh and trying to do what she did on the Apprentice - wind people up! Looks like she's succeeding. The best thing to do with someone like Katie Hopkins is to just take her with a pinch of salt and then ignore her. One day she'll go away.

The little boy is very boss-eyed isn't he?
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on. No matter how horse-faced this woman is - surely she's being tongue-in-cheek! Surely she knows that India is one of the chavviest names around (Max and Poppy aren't that much better either).

I think she's having a laugh and trying to do what she did on the Apprentice - wind people up! Looks like she's succeeding. The best thing to do with someone like Katie Hopkins is to just take her with a pinch of salt and then ignore her. One day she'll go away.

Pretty much all parents don't want their child to fall in with a bad crowd but Katie took it to completely obnoxious levels. I don't have a problem with eejets like her, Liz Jones and Samantha Brick and don't take them any more seriously than trolls. They are good for the lolz and their stories generally just make them look like complete ****s.

However, this could backfire on Katie's kids. Unless she has told all the parents at school she was going to write a made up article, I can see a lot of them taking offense to this and Katie's children suffering as a result. It would be a shame if other parents didn't want their children to play with Katie's children because of Katie.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

See, I don't think she is being tongue-in-cheek. I remember her well from The Apprentice, wishing death on people and sneering at Northerners. I think she really thinks this way.
    Forum Member
    See, I don't think she is being tongue-in-cheek. I remember her well from The Apprentice, wishing death on people and sneering at Northerners. I think she really thinks this way.
    I just think that someone who has a face like the slapped-arse-of-a-horse MUST have a cheeky sense of humour. Besides - her article has attracted over 3,000 comments - she's done what the DM wanted her to do!

Is there truth in the rumour that she shagged Shergar to get where she is? Mind you ... could explain why he went missing - too embarrassed to admit having it away with this one!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is right, it's best not to bother with her. A snob of the highest order.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Looking at the garish party invitation in my daughter's hand, my heart sank. The venue was bad enough: the dirty, sticky soft play area at our local leisure centre"

I want to defend "dirty, sticky soft play areas"!! Well soft play areas - I've never been to any which are dirty.

I did most of my degree coursework and reading at our local soft play centre. I think they are fab places - kids get lots of exercise, meet new kids, interact and make new "friends" for the day...... and most importantly left me alone for hours at a time, whilst I knew where they were. At the end of the day, I had my work done, and happy, tired children ready for bed, giving me a relaxing evening to recover from all the noise.

Stupid woman. Her poor children are going to grow up very lonely, and with a twisted idea of what is a "decent" person.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the fathers of her children just put their head in their hands and say 'not again!!!'.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they send their new recruits onto training courses to enable them to write in the "Daily Mail style."

Such blatant trolling.. more nasty articles - more publicity - more website clicks = more money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching her on This Morning on +1. God she's dreadful, she needs to stop existing.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She is, was and always will be a hatchet faced old cow with her head rammed so far up her own arse that she can see what she had for breakfast.

I know you can't really hate someone you don't know but I absolutely despised her on The Apprentice. I've seen her vocalizing her rancid opinions on tv several times as if they are gospel and she always does that repulsive sneer like she's got a nasty smell under her nose when anyone dares to disagree.

Hideous rancid old troll with the morals of an alley cat but thinks because she's so jolly hockey sticks then it makes her batter than anyone else
    I'm happy to make an exception in her case .:mad: ....if she comes on anything I'm watching or listening to the off button is hastily used
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However, this could backfire on Katie's kids. Unless she has told all the parents at school she was going to write a made up article, I can see a lot of them taking offense to this and Katie's children suffering as a result. It would be a shame if other parents didn't want their children to play with Katie's children because of Katie.

^^ Totally that. That her own need to outrage comes before her kids' interests and well-being says so much about this moronic troll.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    "Looking at the garish party invitation in my daughter's hand, my heart sank. The venue was bad enough: the dirty, sticky soft play area at our local leisure centre"

I want to defend "dirty, sticky soft play areas"!! Well soft play areas - I've never been to any which are dirty.

I did most of my degree coursework and reading at our local soft play centre. I think they are fab places - kids get lots of exercise, meet new kids, interact and make new "friends" for the day...... and most importantly left me alone for hours at a time, whilst I knew where they were. At the end of the day, I had my work done, and happy, tired children ready for bed, giving me a relaxing evening to recover from all the noise.

Stupid woman. Her poor children are going to grow up very lonely, and with a twisted idea of what is a "decent" person.

I agree about soft play areas - you might not choose to go and play in one yourself, as an adult, but that doesn't mean that your children wont love it! But KH would be far too selfish to think like this, everything's about her!
    Forum Member
    I disagree in her case. The apple seldom falls far from the tree - I'll bet her daughters turn into the same money-grabbing, social climbing, sneering gob-shite that their mother is. They'll probably grow up to be just as horse-faced too!
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think what she said was to the extreme but i think good parents do place a judgement on their kids friends, If i am not happy with a childs home enviornment i would NOT allow my child into that enviornment. A girl in my daughters class was very very poor, her mother usually "out of it", the guy!!! (not the kids father) was a case and a half and NEVER on the months of Sundays would i have allowed my child into that situation. I would not have said she couldnt be friends with her at school but thats where it would end.
    Forum Member
    I think what she said was to the extreme but i think good parents do place a judgement on their kids friends, If i am not happy with a childs home enviornment i would NOT allow my child into that enviornment. A girl in my daughters class was very very poor, her mother usually "out of it", the guy!!! (not the kids father) was a case and a half and NEVER on the months of Sundays would i have allowed my child into that situation. I would not have said she couldnt be friends with her at school but thats where it would end.
    But if the child was very, very poor - but her parent(s) were decent people - you wouldn't have an objection would you? This horse-faced trollope has an objection to poor people - period! I have no doubt that if her children's friends were 'rich and titled' but had the morals of an alley-cat (don't for a minute believe the 'education' bit - Ms Hopkins has made it quite clear that for her - money and position talk) I believe she'd have NO objection to her daughters playing with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What if the child's parents were successful and well off, yet have problems with alcohol and use cocaine...Rich, successful people can be just a chaotic....Or has a mother like Katie whose children are well behaved but she is a homewreaker?
    Maybe your daughter's friendship with that poor little girl might help and maybe your home could be somewhere she is safe for a while.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Parents who are poor money wise can still be good parents. Even if this little girl's mum and stepfather are not the type you'd want your daughter to associate with, it doesn't mean their child should be branded as 'bad', and despite her parents she may well be a nice child. Perhaps you could take the time to find out?
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail usually takes a very dim view of "doggers", why are they now employing one as a columnist?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parents who are poor money wise can still be good parents. Even if this little girl's mum and stepfather are not the type you'd want your daughter to associate with, it doesn't mean their child should be branded as 'bad', and despite her parents she may well be a nice child. Perhaps you could take the time to find out?

Being poor was certainly NOT the issue, the issue was drugs and alcohol in the childs home enviornment, hence why AT school was not the issue!!

PS The child WAS a very nice little girl and so were her siblings!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    What if the child's parents were successful and well off, yet have problems with alcohol and use cocaine...Rich, successful people can be just a chaotic....Or has a mother like Katie whose children are well behaved but she is a homewreaker?
    Maybe your daughter's friendship with that poor little girl might help and maybe your home could be somewhere she is safe for a while.

If the parents were rich and successful it would make no difference, who would send their kid into such an enviornment!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being poor was certainly NOT the issue, the issue was drugs and alcohol in the childs home enviornment, hence why AT school was not the issue!!

PS The child WAS a very nice little girl and so were her siblings!!!

Did you invite the girl to your own home if she was such a pleasant kid? It would have been nice if you had just to get her out of a bad environment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the parents were rich and successful it would make no difference, who would send their kid into such an enviornment!!

Sometimes the problems are more obvious in the poor than the rich. Sometimes middle class marriages appear to be good with nice well dress, attentive children but something is wrong.
    Sometimes that middle class parent can have a side to her that is nasty to other children...I can understand protective parents, however that little girls is very nice and may find she is being excluded from the homes of all her friends, it will further damage her self esteem.
    Katie Hopkins is discourging friendships even in the classroom and based on a child's name and clothes. Whether they had an iPad and work well in school. I am pretty sure that "state primary school" is a well sort after, very middle class school.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Sometimes the problems are more obvious in the poor than the rich. Sometimes middle class marriages appear to be good with nice well dress, attentive children but something is wrong.
    Sometimes that middle class parent can have a side to her that is nasty to other children...I can understand protective parents, however that little girls is very nice and may find she is being excluded from the homes of all her friends, it will further damage her self esteem.
    Katie Hopkins is discourging friendships even in the classroom and based on a child's name and clothes. Whether they had an iPad and work well in school. I am pretty sure that "state primary school" is a well sort after, very middle class school.

One of the comments posted under this article was by a woman whose children went to the same school as KH's children and said it IS a good school with plenty of middle class children attending it.