Smartglass

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
The Smartglass app as now been launched on Windows 8 devices, and Android phones with the Ice Cream Sandwich OS.

By downloading the app and signing in with your Xbox Live details you can use your device to -

• Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
• Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
• Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
• Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
• Search the full Xbox catalogue of music, video, and games
• Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
• Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
• Change up your 3D avatar
• Message your Xbox friends
• Edit your Xbox profile

There has also been limited functionality similar to this for a while on the IPad's "My Xbox Live" app, although a full version of the Smartglass app is on its way for iOS devices.

So Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360 will all have Second Screen functionality in different forms. Do you think it can add a lot to your gaming and entertainment experiences? Or is it just another gimmick?

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forza Horizon and SmartGlass has got me wanting an Xbox
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's also available for Windows Phone 7.5 devices
  • IRKarlIRKarl Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Its available for Android but not compatible with a nexus 7 or a samsung galaxy 2. :confused:
  • TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    IRKarl wrote: »
    Its available for Android but not compatible with a nexus 7 or a samsung galaxy 2. :confused:

It is, you just need to sideload the APK.

It works fine, so I don't know what Microsoft are playing at tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Smart Glass is the thing I looked forward to the most. It's now far easier to message my Xbox friends using my laptop or Xperia phone rather than using the controller to input messages. Smart Glass is good to use. I like it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forza Horizon and SmartGlass has got me wanting an Xbox

It's never been a better time to purchase an Xbox 360 (or in your case, another one) Do the right thing. You know u want too lol
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The iOS version of SmartGlass has now left App Store Approval Limbo:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/xbox-smartglass/id480914036?mt=8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I can try it finally
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using it right now to type this, very nice app! Worth the wait? Probably not but its nice to have.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I already had the Xbox Live app so it appeared as an update in the App Store this morning on my iPhone.

Updated it but had to go to work so will have a play later. :D
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is this not suppose to do something when your playing Halo 4?

I've got it installed on my Android phone and tablet as well as my Windows 8 laptop. All I get when I'm playing Halo 4 is an option to view my achievements in the game so far. In fact when I try to do anything on my Win8 laptop it just moans at me because I don't have "touch". :rolleyes: What's wrong with a freaking mouse?!
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this morning at approx 10.50 I purchased a brand spanking new Xbox 360, 12 months gold and the fantastically brilliant Forza Horizon!

I've had work to do but I've managed to get a go with Microsofts smartglass and I love it, takes a while getting used to it but its great for the Internet explorer.

Highly recommended app for any 360 user.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this morning at approx 10.50 I purchased a brand spanking new Xbox 360, 12 months gold and the fantastically brilliant Forza Horizon!

I've had work to do but I've managed to get a go with Microsofts smartglass and I love it, takes a while getting used to it but its great for the Internet explorer.

Highly recommended app for any 360 user.

Welcome back to Live Flawed :)
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick play with smart glass last night. It works with forza horizon. Doesn't do too much though just gives you the map and where you are on the map. I can't set a waypoint on smart glass and then it show up on my game which would be a nice feature.

I hope developers take smart glass on board and try experimenting with it. Obvious things i think it will probably do like set waypoints on maps, how other players are doing in online shooters, upto date scores and stats in career mode in FIFA.
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an update to say that it's now available from the Google Play Store for 7" tablet devices, including Nexus 7.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The iOS version has been updated to support the iPhone 5's screen.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    question ... do u guyz think #zombiu will ever make its way 2 the xbox360 using smartglass? :)
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any of you guys are watching the VGA's tonight then use Smartglass whilst watching it. It's compatible with the show.

You can watch the VGA's live on the Xbox or on various other websites.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    If any of you guys are watching the VGA's tonight then use Smartglass whilst watching it. It's compatible with the show.

You can watch the VGA's live on the Xbox or on various other websites.

Whats the VGA's?
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Whats the VGA's?

VideoGameAwards ... On spikeTV & XBoxlive ... it's quite popular apparently. :)
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    ah, well i got nuffin better to do tonight :( what time does it start on XboxLive?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah, well i got nuffin better to do tonight :( what time does it start on XboxLive?

I believe it is 1AM here.

Samuel L Jackson is the host tonight. Plenty of other famous people announcing winners too. I'm sure Syndicate is presenting one, not too sure on that.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1am. Way past my bedtime tonight, but for those of you not on a 4:30am alarm it might be worth staying up for. The trailers are pretty funny. Sam Jacson as a swearing baby..... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1am. Way past my bedtime tonight, but for those of you not on a 4:30am alarm it might be worth staying up for. The trailers are pretty funny. Sam Jacson as a swearing baby..... :D

Completely off topic but before I posted this post, me and you were on the same post count and both posted them within a minute of each other. :D

Nothing big but I have just put the xmas decorations up (annoying) and just that little thing cheered me a little lol. :o
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely off topic but before I posted this post, me and you were on the same post count and both posted them within a minute of each other. :D

Nothing big but I have just put the xmas decorations up (annoying) and just that little thing cheered me a little lol. :o

Well noticed, that's pretty cool. Have a good Christmas!!