BT broadband "extras"

13»

Comments

• timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I am not in a pickle at all.

You seem to have a complete lack of self awareness. It is quite sad, truth be told.

If you are going to complain about big business killing off smaller competitors it is better if you don't work for one of those big businesses, even if it is in a different field.

Likewise, it is better if you don't try and defend your employer, a company that has put hundreds of other businesses to the wall, by mentioning how charitable they are when the companies you slag off are also extremely charitable.

It just makes you look stupid and very silly.
  • MeanMintMeanMint Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    i've always been baffled as to why BT Broadband has the largest number of subscribers in this country. Loads of cheaper providers out there, so dont people just shop around and save?

Find me an internet provider that will give me 76Mbps down and 18Mbps up, unlimited and unthrottled for £18 per month.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good offer here for those swapping to BT Infinity;)
    http://www.cable.co.uk/deals/bt-infinity-sainsburys-voucher/
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a look at the offers on Quidco
    http://www.quidco.com/bt-broadband/?utm_source=WeeklySales&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2363&utm_content=998016
    and you still get the £50 Sainsburys gift card
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeanMint wrote: »
    Find me an internet provider that will give me 76Mbps down and 18Mbps up, unlimited and unthrottled for £18 per month.

Find me one as well, because BT don't do it for that price normally. On their site the £18 a month one is 40GB usage, up to 38Mb download and 9 upload.
    Forum Member
    Find me one as well, because BT don't do it for that price normally. On their site the £18 a month one is 40GB usage, up to 38Mb download and 9 upload.

Correct but when I went to re-new my Infinity to include the unlimited downloads they offered me £18 for 12 months.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £18 a month including line rental is a cracking deal :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct but when I went to re-new my Infinity to include the unlimited downloads they offered me £18 for 12 months.

So that is not the normal price then, so the majority of people would not get that.
    There is also line rental on top of that, I presume?

Don't get me wrong £18 a month is fine, but this is a don't leave us deal.
  • VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that is not the normal price then, so the majority of people would not get that.
    There is also line rental on top of that, I presume?

Don't get me wrong £18 a month is fine, but this is a don't leave us deal.

Uninformed yet again...

Out of the blue, they offered me Infinity 2 (Unlimited) for £13.25 a month. 57/20 Mbps. And it rocks.

Yet again you choose to slag off a service you have never had or experienced.

When will you learn? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    Uninformed yet again...

Out of the blue, they offered me Infinity 2 (Unlimited) for £13.25 a month. 57/20 Mbps. And it rocks.

Yet again you choose to slag off a service you have never had or experienced.

When will you learn? :eek:

So Bt just phoned you up and said here have this service for £13.25 a month? I know they been doing offers where you get so many months free, and then you go back to full price.

I can not see where I slagged Bt off in that last post to be honest, you just reading things that are not there.

I still stand by that the majority of people would not get those prices. I do know of someone who was on the lowest price ADSL and Bt got in touch and lowered the price even further at the end of the contract because it was not used that much.

As for saying I have never used Bt, I have used them twice, on ADSL, once when ADSL first started around here in 2000 as I was on dial up at the time and again about 3-4 years back. Granted I have not been on their FTTC service, but my brother is and him and his wife seems to be happy with it.

I am glad it works for you and you get it for a good price,
    Forum Member
    neo_wales wrote: »
    £18 a month including line rental is a cracking deal :)

Not including line rental, my BT line rental is separate. We were discussing BROADBAND and that is the COST of my BROADBAND.

So many people like to go on about you can't have one without the other which is true, but when comparing BROADBAND cost I never look at the cost of line rental.

Believe it or not I actually use my landline to make calls as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just thought £18 was cheap with line rental, Talk Talk phone and up to 14mb/s is about £21 at normal full price including line rental and phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought £18 was cheap with line rental, Talk Talk phone and up to 14mb/s is about £21 at normal full price including line rental and phone.

If thats fibre thats a cracking price. If its not, then its not really comparable, is it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If thats fibre thats a cracking price. If its not, then its not really comparable, is it.

It is a cracking price but its a special price, not generally available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not including line rental, my BT line rental is separate. We were discussing BROADBAND and that is the COST of my BROADBAND.

That is a good price, certainly for fibre I was paying that for 3Mb/s, not the ISp fault, it was because I was and still am too far away from the exchange to get decent ADSL, which is why I went for wireless.
    So many people like to go on about you can't have one without the other which is true, but when comparing BROADBAND cost I never look at the cost of line rental.

I admit I don't like this you have our broadband then you have to have our line rental crap, I have no idea how this have been forced onto people and how on earth the ISps get away with it.

It is like buying a car from a showroom and having to buy your insurance only from that showroom.

Sure they can do deals, but you may get a better deal from another telecoms supplier,

So you never check landline prices? I certainly did.
    Believe it or not I actually use my landline to make calls as well.
    I did because I was forced to have to pay for the phone service even if I did not use it. all this free weekend and evening calls is not really free at all,.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a cracking price but its a special price, not generally available.

Looks like everyones offering deals then. Nice one. :D
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    That is a good price, certainly for fibre I was paying that for 3Mb/s, not the ISp fault, it was because I was and still am too far away from the exchange to get decent ADSL, which is why I went for wireless.

I admit I don't like this you have our broadband then you have to have our line rental crap, I have no idea how this have been forced onto people and how on earth the ISps get away with it.

It is like buying a car from a showroom and having to buy your insurance only from that showroom.

Sure they can do deals, but you may get a better deal from another telecoms supplier,

So you never check landline prices? I certainly did.

I did because I was forced to have to pay for the phone service even if I did not use it. all this free weekend and evening calls is not really free at all,.

You are forced to pay a line rental because it uses a line to provide you the broadband.

How is making calls at the evening and weekend where you are not charged for the call not free?:confused: There is a chargeable uewp but on some deals BT will give it at the basic of cost of line rental. I struggle to see how that isn't free.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are forced to pay a line rental because it uses a line to provide you the broadband.

How is making calls at the evening and weekend where you are not charged for the call not free?:confused:There is a chargeable uewp but on some deals BT will give it at the basic of cost of line rental. I struggle to see how that isn't free.

Ohh! Is that an extra? :D And for free too? :eek: Ha ha ha!

Well said sir. And true too. Looks like our friend doesn't know what hes talking about. Again. Um, And I'm sure I could make a song out of using the lines 'Deeper deeper deeper'. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But why should people have to pay line rental tot he same company that they get broadband from?

It never used to be this way, you pay your line rental to any telecoms company you was using and you could choose to use a different ISP.
    How is making calls at the evening and weekend where you are not charged for the call not free?:confused: There is a chargeable uewp but on some deals BT will give it at the basic of cost of line rental. I struggle to see how that isn't free.

Maybe you and VisionMan1 have forgotten how the line rental went up in price when these free calls first came out. i remember it, Bt saying they are going to give you free calls, but we are also rising line rental prices. since that time Line rental have gone sky high. Almost £15 a month just for a line, i doubt very much if it costs £15 a month to keep the line and equipment working. Money for old rope. Saying that utility companies are not much better.

so you tell me what is free about paying almost £15 a month?

They are right when they say rip of Britain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why should people have to pay line rental tot he same company that they get broadband from?

It never used to be this way, you pay your line rental to any telecoms company you was using and you could choose to use a different ISP.

Maybe you and VisionMan1 have forgotten how the line rental went up in price when these free calls first came out. i remember it, Bt saying they are going to give you free calls, but we are also rising line rental prices. since that time Line rental have gone sky high. Almost £15 a month just for a line, i doubt very much if it costs £15 a month to keep the line and equipment working. Money for old rope. Saying that utility companies are not much better.

You really don't have any self awareness do you? And just choose to bitch about anything and everything from absolutely everyone. Even about services you've never even had. Give it a rest noise. Because your just looking silly now.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Line rental have gone sky high. Almost £15 a month just for a line, i doubt very much if it costs £15 a month to keep the line and equipment working.

£10.00 a month last year and £10.75 this year for me, you just have to pay a year up front, which is no problem at all with interest rates at half a percent! Damned good investment in fact, albeit that I'm unhappy about the 7.5% rise when inflation's less than 3%. Sky did it too, grrr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

NO line = No broadband, you have to rent a line to get the broadband, now try and remember that noise and stop coming out with the same story or are you just a WUM?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really don't have any self awareness do you? And just choose to bitch about anything and everything from absolutely everyone. Even about services you've never even had. Give it a rest noise. Because your just looking silly now.

And you just pick holes in anything I say, because it makes you look big and you need that to keep your ego going.

It would not matter if I make the greatest statement on this whole forum, you would still pick holes in it, so get off my bloody back and grow the hell up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    £10.00 a month last year and £10.75 this year for me, you just have to pay a year up front, which is no problem at all with interest rates at half a percent! Damned good investment in fact, albeit that I'm unhappy about the 7.5% rise when inflation's less than 3%. Sky did it too, grrr.

Not every one can pay up front, once again the people who get the cheaper deals are the people who got the money to do these things. Look at utility bills, you got money you get a better deal, if you need to have a pre-pay meter then you pay more.

I can pay outright if I wanted to, but when I was on fixed line broadband I went with first telecom for my phone line and I was paying about £11 a month and no upfront payment.

NO line = No broadband, you have to rent a line to get the broadband, now try and remember that noise and stop coming out with the same story or are you just a WUM?

You know full well what I meant, so don't try and be clever in front of your pal vision.

People should be able to choose a different company to rent their line from than who they get their broadband from.

Also don't forget, i don't have a phone line, well not active anyway and I still got broadband.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not every one can pay up front, once again the people who get the cheaper deals are the people who got the money to do these things. Look at utility bills, you got money you get a better deal, if you need to have a pre-pay meter then you pay more.

I can pay outright if I wanted to, but when I was on fixed line broadband I went with first telecom for my phone line and I was paying about £11 a month and no upfront payment.

You know full well what I meant, so don't try and be clever in front of your pal vision.

People should be able to choose a different company to rent their line from than who they get their broadband from.

Also don't forget, i don't have a phone line, well not active anyway and I still got broadband.

Looking at your posts I sometimes don't think you know what your on about, you seem to do little other than add negativity to whatever thread you go on, you repeat yourself time after time after time, then get the hump when people tell you to change the record; for crying out loud pay heed man :rolleyes: