JADE Goody’s estate is facing bankruptcy...

124»

Comments

• summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but you are wrong.

I watched Jade on both the series of Big Brother that she was the classic schoolyard bully. Singling out a victim and then launching a whispering campaign against them. She'd pick on every little thing that the said and did, picking on their appearance, laughing and sniggering at them and making sure that they heard her doing it, she'd try and turn the others against them and did her damn hardest to isolate them. She did it to Sophie on BB3 who's only crime was being prettier than Jade (not hard) and quiet. She attempted to do it to Kate Lawler as well put she but her in her place.

If you really think her behaviour towards Shilpa was not bullying then I'd love to know what you think is? It's debatable that it was racist. I'd say more ignorance due to Jade being as thick as dog poop, although I still don't know how someone who was born and bread in central London which is a melting pot of races and colours can be so damn ignorant about things like that? But that's another story.

PERFECTLY put!!!
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Daily Mail are now reporting this story but just telling us what THE SUN are claiming, the DM don't seem to have any real facts or figures of their own...
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Her death, while obviously a tragic event, was made into an exercise in trash mag crassness. The Daily Star had a black edged front page FFS as if the Queen had died.
    All Jade Goody will be remembered for is appearing in two rubbish television programmes and I bet in 10 years time it will be Jade who? I haven't really heard anyone mention her for about 3 years.

She will be remembered as the daft woman who knew she had a history of irregular smear tests. But never thought to keep herself regularly checked.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    This.

Jade should have thought about her taxes more whilst she was alive. So many (thick) young celebs who suddenly come into money think its gonna last forever. It aint.

Case in point Martine McCutcheon and Amanda Abbington.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Sorry but you are wrong.

I watched Jade on both the series of Big Brother that she was the classic schoolyard bully. Singling out a victim and then launching a whispering campaign against them. She'd pick on every little thing that the said and did, picking on their appearance, laughing and sniggering at them and making sure that they heard her doing it, she'd try and turn the others against them and did her damn hardest to isolate them. She did it to Sophie on BB3 who's only crime was being prettier than Jade (not hard) and quiet. She attempted to do it to Kate Lawler as well put she but her in her place.

If you really think her behaviour towards Shilpa was not bullying then I'd love to know what you think is? It's debatable that it was racist. I'd say more ignorance due to Jade being as thick as dog poop, although I still don't know how someone who was born and bread in central London which is a melting pot of races and colours can be so damn ignorant about things like that? But that's another story.

Very well said.

This is Jade to a tee. She seems to have been beatified upon death and all her past faults forgotten.

HMRC should go for every penny. It is not Goody's kids money it is money that is rightfully the taxmans and is much needed.

Hard working PAYE employees have no choice but to pay their taxes. The likes of McCutcheon and Goody seem to think paying taxes should apply to them.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Jade on both the series of Big Brother that she was the classic schoolyard bully. Singling out a victim and then launching a whispering campaign against them.
    She'd pick on every little thing that the said and did, picking on their appearance, laughing and sniggering at them and making sure that they heard her doing it, she'd try and turn the others against them and did her damn hardest to isolate them.

Jade also did the same on the 'Back to Reality' show, when she targeted Rik Waller in the exact way described above, continuously, and went off on numerous 'Shilpa' type tirades.

She was an arrogant, out of control bully through and through.

And why is The Sun getting its knickers in a twist about her earnings having to be taxed? Mine are, why shouldn't hers be?
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I do disagree with is the potential "double taxation" (should there be more than £325k left) whereby the same earnings could be income taxed at 40% and then almost immediately subject to IHT at 40%.

If you inherit money that you pay IHT on, then die, there is "succession relief", where some of the tax already paid is set against your own bill, but for income, you can get hit twice.

Not particularly on Jade's estate, just in general, this bugs me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    So who got the money apart from Mr Taxman? Maybe the boys money was pilfered away by other adults who were close to Jade.
    This loosely reminds me of the Jackson family fighting amongst themselves over Michael's money.
    Anyway money isn't everything and those two boys have a good level-headed father who loves them, no amount of money can buy that.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    So who got the money apart from Mr Taxman? Maybe the boys money was pilfered away by other adults who were close to Jade.
    This loosely reminds me of the Jackson family fighting amongst themselves over Michael's money.
    Anyway money isn't everything and those two boys have a good level-headed father who loves them, no amount of money can buy that.

The Sun article oddly only mentions her income since 2006 and leaves out any mention of 2002-2006 in which time it was said she'd earnt £8m.

Has the money for those years been spirited away, or again after tax she had nought, hence her appearance on CBB with family in tow?

If it's true the estate claimed her wedding as an expense then it was seen as a commercial enterprise ?
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I have every sympathy for Jade's two sons.losing their mother st such an early age, there is no escaping taxes. If her estate owes the money, the government cannot excuse the debt. If it does it for one, it has to do it for all. Emotions cannot come into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Jade also did the same on the 'Back to Reality' show, when she targeted Rik Waller in the exact way described above, continuously, and went off on numerous 'Shilpa' type tirades.

She was an arrogant, out of control bully through and through.

And why is The Sun getting its knickers in a twist about her earnings having to be taxed? Mine are, why shouldn't hers be?
    I never understood how Jade became so rich and famous, but she was just very lucky and it was all just lucky timing as at that time BB was huge and she was everywhere..acting all coy and sweet on the Graham Norton show putting on her ditzy stupid girl act, yet underneath she was an aggressive insecure lunatic.

Wasn't there stories of her biting some girls ear when she was in school? can you imagine what she was like in school and this was before all the anti-bullying stuff that most schools have now. I would say she was a right little scally on the scale of the gangs of today, she was well hard she was god love any girls that were pretty or anyone who was weak and a bit nerdy when she was a teen.

She was racist/acted in a racist manner to Shilpa and she did bully Shilpa, she tore into her one night over an Oxo cube, standing at the door with steam literally coming off her like a bull she got so angry! and drove her to tears another night for nothing, the girl was sick in the head the way she had to pick on the weaker people, or the people she felt threatened by.
    Her lovely Mother has so much to answer for in all of that too and how she had 'brought' Jade up.
    When Jade and her massive ego went into CBB and half the HMs didn't know who she was it really got to her

I remember her sitting with all the UK celebs like Danielle and Cleo at her feet (they were all terrified of her but they hid it) while she told them her book/perfume outsold all the other celebs and she had more magazine covers then Posh Spice..she really let the fame go to her head so the press was very happy to bring her right back down to earth with the Shilpa scandal.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs.W wrote: »
    If money was tight, Jeff always has the option of doing a one-off interview with current photos of the boys.

I doubt he would ever need to as he obviously has his own money.

I'm surprised the three houses haven't been sold already

He obviously (and rightly imo) believes that giving them as normal and as private a childhood as possible is worth far more than taking 30 pieces of silver from the rags.
    Those poor kids have been through enough. I think living the rest of their lives off camera is the least they deserve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He obviously (and rightly imo) believes that giving them as normal and as private a childhood as possible is worth far more than taking 30 pieces of silver from the rags.
    Those poor kids have been through enough. I think living the rest of their lives off camera is the least they deserve
    Totally agree. For that I admire Jeff hugely. He is doing the very best he can for his sons. :)
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Totally agree. For that I admire Jeff hugely. He is doing the very best he can for his sons. :)

Yes, he appears to be a great Dad and to put his kids first. Most importantly, he doesn't **** them to the press every 2 minutes.
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    I never understood how Jade became so rich and famous, but she was just very lucky and it was all just lucky timing as at that time BB was huge and she was everywhere..acting all coy and sweet on the Graham Norton show putting on her ditzy stupid girl act, yet underneath she was an aggressive insecure lunatic.

Wasn't there stories of her biting some girls ear when she was in school? can you imagine what she was like in school and this was before all the anti-bullying stuff that most schools have now. I would say she was a right little scally on the scale of the gangs of today, she was well hard she was god love any girls that were pretty or anyone who was weak and a bit nerdy when she was a teen.

She was racist/acted in a racist manner to Shilpa and she did bully Shilpa, she tore into her one night over an Oxo cube, standing at the door with steam literally coming off her like a bull she got so angry! and drove her to tears another night for nothing, the girl was sick in the head the way she had to pick on the weaker people, or the people she felt threatened by.
    Her lovely Mother has so much to answer for in all of that too and how she had 'brought' Jade up.
    When Jade and her massive ego went into CBB and half the HMs didn't know who she was it really got to her

I remember her sitting with all the UK celebs like Danielle and Cleo at her feet (they were all terrified of her but they hid it) while she told them her book/perfume outsold all the other celebs and she had more magazine covers then Posh Spice..she really let the fame go to her head so the press was very happy to bring her right back down to earth with the Shilpa scandal.

the whole Goody clan were disgusting individuals IMO - it's been quite refreshing that they're no longer "newsworthy" (until this revelation)

I remember reading in some trashy women's mag a joint interview with Jade and Jackeiy (or however that ridiculous way she insisted it was spelt) Jackiey/eiy was talking about the time that Jade hit puberty and she saw the changes that were going on with her body - so she grabbed a razor and insisted on shaving her (Jade's) pubic hair into a heart-shape.

They both seemed to find it very amusing, it just sickened me. Vile people.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole Goody clan were disgusting individuals IMO - it's been quite refreshing that they're no longer "newsworthy" (until this revelation)

I remember reading in some trashy women's mag a joint interview with Jade and Jackeiy (or however that ridiculous way she insisted it was spelt) Jackiey/eiy was talking about the time that Jade hit puberty and she saw the changes that were going on with her body - so she grabbed a razor and insisted on shaving her (Jade's) pubic hair into a heart-shape.

They both seemed to find it very amusing, it just sickened me. Vile people.

There are quite a few stories out there about Jackiey and her skills with a razor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »

She was a comically dumb blonde that was introduced as a feckless fool for the crowd to laugh at but then some people actually started identifying with her, supporting her and then liking her. It's the same deal as the TOWIE lot. People see idiots in public making shed loads of money and think that is a role model despite the things they might say and do to make that money. The price of privacy and decency is now negotiable with red top rags as long as you are willing to dish some dirt and toss some shade on others. They went "ooh, you don't have to work hard and you can be a bigot and racist yet still end up loaded, I'll have some of that." Next thing she's the nation's sweetheart and being talked about in reverent tones despite basically being a tactless, stupid racist raised in a barely civilised home environment.
  • Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    also, I see to recall about 2 years ago a very similar situation when HMRC had calculated all of Jade's taxes owed and that her boys were "only" going to be left with 500k. How have these recent developments come about then?

I wonder why her properties haven't been sold - her barn conversion that she left to Jackiey was put on the market I'm sure I remember.

There were all sorts of moneyspinners being mentioned when she died - remember Jade: The Musical? thank god that never came to pass - I said at that time that no producer would go near it as it would be a monumental flop.