How can i watch Eurosport?

GooglerGoogler Posts: 1,269
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

Firstly, i hope i have posted this in the correct forum.

What i want to do is to be able to watch the WTCC, (World Touring Car Championship) on Eurosport UK.

I have Sky already, but i can never get to watch it peacefully because of lots of interruptions from various people in the house :(

So what i would like to do is to watch Eurosport in my bedroom where i wont get disturbed :)

I have read that it may be possible to watch this channel, without a Sky box, but some sort of satellite and/or equipment is needed?

I have no idea if this is correct, so wondering if anyone on here can provide clarification on this, and if it is possible, let me know what i need to purchase?

It is a shame that Eurosport is not on Freeview, as i have this in my room.

Thanks and look forward to your replies.

PS, i am aware of the Sky Multi-room but i do not wish to have this.

Comments

• fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Googler wrote: »
    Hi,

Firstly, i hope i have posted this in the correct forum.

What i want to do is to be able to watch the WTCC, (World Touring Car Championship) on Eurosport UK.

I have Sky already, but i can never get to watch it peacefully because of lots of interruptions from various people in the house :(

So what i would like to do is to watch Eurosport in my bedroom where i wont get disturbed :)

I have read that it may be possible to watch this channel, without a Sky box, but some sort of satellite and/or equipment is needed?

I have no idea if this is correct, so wondering if anyone on here can provide clarification on this, and if it is possible, let me know what i need to purchase?

It is a shame that Eurosport is not on Freeview, as i have this in my room.

Thanks and look forward to your replies.

Tell your family to leave you in peace!
  • GooglerGoogler Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply fugitive.

You beat me to it! Just added that i do not want the multi-room as it will cost too much and dont want extra cables all over the house.
  • russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurosport International is FTA in analogue, but it's in a different position to the satellites Sky channels are on, so you'd need to get another dish or a motorized one. Also, this is Eurosport International, not British Eurosport so won't have the exact same schedule.

Alternatively, you can watch Eurosport online at a pretty reasonable cost. Check their website.
  • Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Video Sender? But your family downstairs wont be able to turn over from Europsort.

They could watch a Freeview channel.
  • The WandererThe Wanderer Posts: 5,238
    Forum Member
    Do you have a PC in the bedrrom, or able to get a laptop in there.

If so, try Eurosport player, although it's not free

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/eurosport-player/teaser.shtml
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never knew you could watch Eurosport online! Even for £35 for one year, i think thats quite good.

I guess any kind of dish or a motorized one will cost around the same price so think i might subscribe to watch it online.
  • chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can get it cheaper if you use this code i got it for £24.99 a year http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/discounts/video.eurosport.co.uk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am trying to watch a program in full screen but all i get is a picture in the middle and both sides dark dose that mean its not broadcasting in wide screen or is that all you will get for a picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris20 wrote: »
    you can get it cheaper if you use this code i got it for £24.99 a year http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/discounts/video.eurosport.co.uk

Thanks for that! I nearlly subscribed for 12 months at the standard rate :eek:

But i have done the monthly subscription instead, which ends up being still quite cheap as i dont need 12 months; just till November when the WTCC ends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Googler wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I nearlly subscribed for 12 months at the standard rate :eek:

But i have done the monthly subscription instead, which ends up being still quite cheap as i dont need 12 months; just till November when the WTCC ends.

is it eurosport that broadcasts on the Sky Digital Platform, or the International version of Eurosport?
    Forum Member
    It'll be British Eurosport
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the annoying thing they don't broadcast full screen you press it you get a bit not all
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you subscribe to Eurosport player to watch it online will you be able to watch it online all over Europe or is it blocked by country – e.g. if I subscribe in the UK can I watch it online in France?
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure. My guess is that you could access it but it'd be the French channels. But I'm not sure so the best thing to do is to contact them, unless someone on here has a better idea
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    What size dish would I need to watch International Eurosport in Southern Ireland? Would the receiver and dish sold by Lidl work?
    Also is it possible to watch International on the eurosport player or is it just British eurosport?