"The 50th might be controversial"

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to Murray Gold the 50th has a twist that might divide fans. Lets do what we do best and make wild theory's on what the twist is :).

Comments

• adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that's just the John Hurt character - Doctor 8/8.5/9/9.5 or whichever number you want to choose...
    I can't imagine Murray Gold blabbing about anything more significant.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So long as it isn't a revelation that the Doctor is half-human, I'll be fine.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    So long as it isn't a revelation that the Doctor is half-human, I'll be fine.

We already know he's half-human. Didn't you watch the movie with Paul McGann ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    It'll be something to do with Hurt's Doctor being the actual cause of something significant that we had previously (for a significant number of the past 50 years) believed a villan was responsible for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's quite clear that the Doctor and the Master were quite confused on the matter. It was all a big misunderstanding which they both looked back on and laughed about in the future. ;)
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John hurts doctor is also the master... they are one and the same
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara is the Rani and John Hurt is actually Sally Sparrow.

Oh and Steven Moffat is actually RTD.

And Matt Smith is David Tennant's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »

And Matt Smith is David Tennant's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

I can see where your going with all of that.. but u missed rtd is really a zygon imposter of john simm
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor will drink from the fountain of Rassillon and instantly get 12 more lives
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to go with a surprise regeneration of the 11th Doctor.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The entire episode will be done in the form of a ballet and will reveal that all the Doctors since Tom Baker have been a dream and the Morbius Doctors were the real ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The entire episode will be done in the form of a ballet and will reveal that all the Doctors since Tom Baker have been a dream and the Morbius Doctors were the real ones.

That's possibly tutu close to the truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's possibly tutu close to the truth.

:D:D:D Tee hee.

Perhaps the twist is that there isn't a twist, that would be new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    I'm going to go with a surprise regeneration of the 11th Doctor.

That would be a surprise, not something controversial.
  • kjwillykjwilly Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Perhaps the Hurt character uttered those "Silence Must Fall" lines?
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »

ah, you know what that makes them, absolutely nothing.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I think there is a chance - just a small one - that the Doctor from the new series (Hurt onwards) hasn't been the Doctor, and this will be revealed in the 50th. And there'll be some spiel about how he still possesses memories and memories are what make something special, etc. Then it'll never be mentioned again.

The more I think about it, the more scarily possible this is sounding as I type it. God, I hope not.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Doctor...Tamzarian?
    Forum Member
    C. Samurai wrote: »
    Doctor...Tamzarian?

Haha. Yes, exactly. I applaud your reference.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I invoke 'Rule Number One'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Controversial twist is obviously that all the Doctor since McGann are to be renumbered.
    Matt Smith isn't Eleven. He's actually Twelve.

This will undoubtedly divide fans.
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    The Controversial twist is obviously that all the Doctor since McGann are to be renumbered.

Hmm. I think the main way it'll divide fans is whether the Hurt Doctor actually does count as a Doctor. If they're going to do this, they need to set it out very clearly and have the Doctor refer to himself as the Twelfth a few times for good measure. Otherwise it's just going to be one of those endless debates that never goes away like the thirteen lives business.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »

They won't be renumbered. Moffat was careful to have the Doctor reaffirm in the last episode that he was 'the eleventh Doctor'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I think the main way it'll divide fans is whether the Hurt Doctor actually does count as a Doctor.
    I think that point was settled the moment the title card screamed...
    "Introducing John Hurt as - THE DOCTOR."

He counts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't be renumbered. Moffat was careful to have the Doctor reaffirm in the last episode that he was 'the eleventh Doctor'.

Moffat was also keen to advertise and even emphasise the fact - the 50th would rewrite established history.