It's all got....dull, right?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Too many ballads, too many old songs, too much production going on.

It's not BAD as such....just....zzzzzzzzz, right?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    alves wrote: »

Hard to explain why but the X factor is lacking a certain "x factor" this year!! Maybe it's just familiarity but then again, strictly nevers changes an iota and still has a great buzz and sense of occasion going on. X factor just seems a bit dead somehow.

I've always much rathered X factor to SCD but this year it's SCD that's the Saturday night highlight in our house with X factor still watched, but clearly second fiddle.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yep if you look at the mostly negative posts people just feel enough is enough, it's all gotten too ridiculous!
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Its bad because most of them cant actually sing in tune. They say they are trying their best if that is their best they need to look for a new career. Sam proves she is a good singer week in week out. She hits every note effortlessly.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only watched the Sunday shows this year, the Saturday show is far too long and tedious (even when Sky plussed!). I see all I need to see from the Sunday show (on Sky + of course).
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    This week is incredibly dull, we all know they want Miss Dynamix out because one of them is pregnant and therefore a risk - they'll certainly not want to risk taking them further considering potential health problems and they definitely will not want them on the tour. No matter who they are against, Miss Dynamix are going home.
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    Its bad because most of them cant actually sing in tune. They say they are trying their best if that is their best they need to look for a new career. Sam proves she is a good singer week in week out. She hits every note effortlessly.

Yet the ones that can are being dragged down by the negative

Sam bailey has a world class voice

Also I think this year is a lot stronger than the last 5 years

I'm actually enjoying it more than other years so maybe people are just bored with it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually enjoying it more than other years so maybe people are just bored with it

It just doesn't seem to be particularly entertaining.

We all know that the producers will manipulate things here and there, but for me, everything just seems a bit "meh" this series.

A few bright lights and upbeat songs wouldn't go a miss.

Would love to know how many viewers aged, say under 25, could name all of the songs last night.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I think it's just as exciting as usual and the best show on a Saturday night.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, so, so dull. Looks like Gary finally got the XF he always wanted, the one with all the fun sucked out of it
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We all know that the producers will manipulate things here and there, but for me, everything just seems a bit "meh" this series.

Would love to know how many viewers aged, say under 25, could name all of the songs last night.

THIS ISN A SHOW JUT FOR PEOPLE UNDER 25

I am sick of children dictating how a show goes because they think its exclusively for them

I happen to love Sam Bailey
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm over 40 and bored sick of the bland dull dated ballad heavy song choices. At least the disco theme next week should mean some up tempo but I won't hold my breath
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am sick of children dictating how a show goes because they think its exclusively for them

I'm in my late 30s.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The themes are designed to appeal to s mass market Saturday night TV audience. Please don't make the mistake this show is anything to with music
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    The themes are designed to appeal to s mass market Saturday night TV audience. Please don't make the mistake this show is anything to fi with music

Absolutely. The day we take XF seriously as a credible show to genuinely find the best undiscovered talent in the UK is the day we might as well give up.

It's Saturday night light entertainment for the cold, dark months. If it ran from June to August,no one would watch
  • daljuldaljul Posts: 179
    Forum Member

I agree with you 100%
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be nice, guys. The show has "a lot more to give." :D
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes too many ballads. It is dreary.. the best acts did not go through to the live shows.. Who chooses the songs?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    I agree. The way this is looking we are just going to have a whole load of ballady singers and Rough Copy left to watch. That won't be very entertaining IMO.
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dull as water from Luke's hairwash. They managed to suck the energy out of Rough Copy and I thought Abi was sleep-singing.
  • bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Absolutely. The day we take XF seriously as a credible show to genuinely find the best undiscovered talent in the UK is the day we might as well give up.

It's Saturday night light entertainment for the cold, dark months. If it ran from June to August,no one would watch

Good comments, it's basically a comedy show & is only remotely popular because of the dark, damp winter nights & is nothing to do with real music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone said last night, Britain surely does have talent, but none of it has applied for the X Factor this year.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Be nice, guys. The show has "a lot more to give." :D

And 'I'll step it up a gear next week' or the week after that or the week after.....:rolleyes::sleep:...........it's like watching somebody chase after a rainbow and as pointless.:(
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the season picked up hugely last night. Three of the contestants put in stunning performances, whilst a couple of the others showed huge improvement and to be contenders. The groups were meh! at best though and Abi was embarrassing, but all in all a great night, certainly as good as I've seen. It did need to get better, week 2 was shockingly poor.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    And 'I'll step it up a gear next week' or the week after that or the week after.....:rolleyes::sleep:...........it's like watching somebody chase after a rainbow and as pointless.:(

They will deliver a better show and show so much star quality. The show's "only 10."
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I thought the season picked up hugely last night. Three of the contestants put in stunning performances, whilst a couple of the others showed huge improvement and to be contenders. The groups were meh! at best though and Abi was embarrassing, but all in all a great night, certainly as good as I've seen. It did need to get better, week 2 was shockingly poor.

I think Week 1 was alright and nice actually. RC, Tamera, Hannah, Abi, Sam B were all great.

Week 2 we had Tamera and Hannah who were great. Sam C and Luke were alright.

Then in Week 3, we have Sam B singing that cheese laid song which I'm sure everyone loved. Hannah was still a stand-out and gave a performance from this century. Luke was interesting. Tamera was good. RC and Nick were alright.

So I think Week 3 was actually an improvement compared to Week 2 and Week 1. It's just that the judges' comments are getting harsher. ;)