Signal Box on EE

paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
Forum Member
✭✭
The box seems to be avaiable now for £89 + vat. I havnt called about it but its on the web.

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    link?

So i'm guessing this is for business customers only due to pricing excl VAT?
    Can consumers purchase it as well?
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Where the link, where the link?? :)
    Sorry, ADSL currently down and using EDGE. EE website dreadful on EDGE would take me a lifetime to find it.
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Where the link, where the link?? :)
    Sorry, ADSL currently down and using EDGE. EE website dreadful on EDGE would take me a lifetime to find it.

Its the same link as before but doesnt say coming soon. To get the price you need to go into the price pdf's. I would just call them. There is little info on the site.

http://business.ee.co.uk/large-business/products/coverage-solutions/signal-box

http://business.ee.co.uk/small-business/products/coverage-solutions/signal-box

http://files.ee.co.uk/business/terms-and-conditions/price-guides/EE-Price-Guide-for-Small-Business.pdf
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I called but was told if it's on the business section then you must have a business account.

Will try again this afternoon.
    Forum Member
    paulker wrote: »

Thanks mate. I can always move to business if that's what I need to do.
    Will try calling the residential side too though. They probably don't know about it yet. It'll filter down eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ordered one on business EE. I asked about it being business only. The guy said all the paperwork he has says business but he doesnt see why a consumer customer coudn't get one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just ordered one on business EE. I asked about it being business only. The guy said all the paperwork he has says business but he doesnt see why a consumer customer coudn't get one.

Good news, did you pay there and then or is it added to the bill?

thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jon41 wrote: »
    Good news, did you pay there and then or is it added to the bill?

thanks

He added it to the bill. Also said I have 14 days to try it out.
    Forum Member

Well I just tried and they have me the run around. Got through to business where they refuse to talk to me and pass me to domestic where I find myself talking to an Indian call centre.
    The guy enquires then comes back and says its not available yet but they'll keep me posted. Great!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He added it to the bill. Also said I have 14 days to try it out.

Thanks.

Tried to order again, got transferred to business who said they were aware of them but didn't know how to order them.

Apparently they will call back in an hour with news.
  • jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 37
    Forum Member

Cool, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives.

I just tweeted EE about signal boxes, and they said:
    They are only available to business customers at the moment. But keep checking the web site.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like one of those things where the agent shouldn't really be letting consumers have them but one of them was reasonable enough to see that it shouldn't be a problem. That was down to pure luck :D
    Forum Member
    Yoo Hoo!
    Just rang for the sixth time. Got through to a really nice guy in EE business, said it was ridiculous I had to move to business to get a Femto and he just said he would make me a sole trader there and then. Not a problem because I am a sole trader and could have done the whole paperwork thing but he just did It and sold me a Signal Box.
    Coming tomorrow.
    Can't believe it. Been waiting 5 years for one.
    Right now all I need is for BT to fix my broadband!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Yoo Hoo!
    Just rang for the sixth time. Got through to a really nice guy in EE business, said it was ridiculous I had to move to business to get a Femto and he just said he would make me a sole trader there and then. Not a problem because I am a sole trader and could have done the whole paperwork thing but he just did It and sold me a Signal Box.
    Coming tomorrow.
    Can't believe it. Been waiting 5 years for one.
    Right now all I need is for BT to fix my broadband!

Nice one. Typical that your broadband is out of action. Doh
    Forum Member
    Nice one. Typical that your broadband is out of action. Doh

Broadband fixed as well now and potentially faster.
    God I'm on fire !! :)
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im getting one too :p
  • jcwackyjcwacky Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Please do all post back once it's setup, with your experiences, such as how far does decent signal reach, does heavy up/downloading on your PC effect it etc.

As if it works well, I'll be moving to EE from Vodafone, so that I can enjoy 4G!
    Forum Member
    jcwacky wrote: »
    Please do all post back once it's setup, with your experiences, such as how far does decent signal reach, does heavy up/downloading on your PC effect it etc.

As if it works well, I'll be moving to EE from Vodafone, so that I can enjoy 4G!

Will do. Will test as soon as I can.
    From what I've read, it's better than the Vodafone box on coverage. I believe the EE Signal Box is the same model as the 3 Home Signal which gets very good reviews.
    Forum Member
    Single cell being activated with LTE down here this week.
    It covers the Plymouth EE call centre not surprisingly.
    Shall be donning my anorak and going down to test. :)
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Any idea which form of 3G the box supports?

How did you find that out Devon?
    Forum Member
    Any idea which form of 3G the box supports?

How did you find that out Devon?

As far as I can tell the Sgnal Box is a NEC FP810 (please correct me someone) here http://www.slashgear.com/nec-fp810-femtocell-tiny-but-14-45-7mbps-data-rates-1073529/
    So 14.4Mbps.
    But as has been said before you wouldn't use it for data as your wifi would be faster anyway and the data use would come off your plan so that would be silly.
    Forum Member
    Yeah just wondered because if it had been faster than 14.4 ie HSPA+ it would be interesting to see what speeds it got on an Infinity / VM broadband connection.
    Forum Member
    Yeah just wondered because if it had been faster than 14.4 ie HSPA+ it would be interesting to see what speeds it got on an Infinity / VM broadband connection.

Ahh I see. Yes that would be interesting. It's apparently the same model as the 3 Homesignal but that's just what I've read somewhere. It does look the same though. It's certainly an NEC unit. I would let you know but have an iPhone so it won't tell me if its HSPA+ but I can of course look up the model number if it's different.
    Will post here as soon as I have it.
    I've PM'd you by the way
    Forum Member
    Thanks.. I'll await everyones testing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am getting one tomorrow. I plan on using it at my mums house as she has no network coverage in her house on any network despite having a t-mobile/3 mast about 300 yards away. The antennae point in the wrong direction and her house is in a dip.

I am going to try it in my house first even though I have a good Orange signal (poor t mobile). I have an actual throughput broadband connection of 37 down and 8 up so should work very well.

Could also use it in my office which despite being in a great coverage area its a metal building so signal is only acceptable inside but my broadband in work is a bit pants 4 down and 0.6 up. I have two employees on Orange and not having the option to register phone numbers on this box it could pose a problem with three people using mobiles at the same time leaving me with really poor internet.