Who Took the Pictures?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
Forum Member
At the end of the Crimson Horror episode, we see pictures of clara and the doctor on the internet. Who took these pictures and how did those kids find them?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    The people they met, presumably for a keep sake of said adventure. The Victorian Clara photo was probably taken by her employer or asked for by the kids she looked after.

Second answer is the Internet. Like the first NuWho ep, Rose, The Doctor's travels have been documented on a website online, this time his companion has joined in.

Simple!
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people they met, presumably for a keep sake of said adventure. The Victorian Clara photo was probably taken by her employer or asked for by the kids she looked after.

Second answer is the Internet. Like the first NuWho ep, Rose, The Doctor's travels have been documented on a website online, this time his companion has joined in.

Simple!

Simple, if not remotely credible... in fact, absurd.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 29,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't somebody have a camera in hide?
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point you would think since he is suppose to be "dead" he would be more carefull.
    Last week Clara told him she saw his name in the book and he said he is mentioned in a lot of books. Back in TATM River claimed he had deleted all refrences in every database so it is now like he never exsisted. Thats why she was pardoned. You can't kill someone who has never been born or lived!.
  • TobyakTobyak Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »

^^this

It RUINED the end, horribly grafted on to jump the shark over Clara forgetting what she had been told/demanded to tell in JTTCOTT
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the Crimson Horror episode, we see pictures of clara and the doctor on the internet. Who took these pictures and how did those kids find them?

Well the characters did have a camera in Hide and if they did get a 'lift' from the sub crew in Cold War they would've been with those people several weeks. The pictures existing makes sense.

I think though the notion that the kids happened to just stumble across them was much too coincidental. It would've made more sense if they'd been in Clara's things and, after they'd once spied her leaving with the Doctor, they sneaked through her stuff and found them.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe it had a timer
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it was the Twelth Doctor?:confused:
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the sonic screwdriver is also a camera.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

this could be true
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would suggest that the Doctor put the pics online then.

I think they are easy enough to explain.
    • The Victorian one is a portrait Victorian Clara had taken of herself prior to the events of The Snowmen.
    • The Cold War one was obviously taken after the events of that story (since they would hardly have been posing for photo's while the Ice Warrior was still on board), the Scientist probably insisted on having it taken.
    • The Hide one is a bit odd as even though lots of photo's were taken in that episode this one seems to be from a Polaroid Instant Camera which I can't recall seeing being used in the episode (Dougray Scotts character probably had one though).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »

Given the show is about a time travelling, bow tie wearing alien who has had eleven faces and a space ship that looks like a police box from the outside but is much bigger on the inside I don't think it really matters all that much in context.

If someone had a record of The Doctor and his adventures it isn't completely impossible that that person would set up a website to try and get more information from other people who may have seen him. The kids get curious about the blue box, google it a la Rose in Rose and bingo. They found him.
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Tobyak wrote: »
    horribly grafted on to jump the shark over Clara forgetting what she had been told/demanded to tell in JTTCOTT

Jump the shark is used far too loosely these days, nobody knows what it even means anymore, I bet you'll have forgotten you even said that next week when Gaiman wows you.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tobyak wrote: »
    It RUINED the end, horribly grafted on to jump the shark over Clara forgetting what she had been told/demanded to tell in JTTCOTT

Like many people have said over the past couple of weeks, it would be very naive to think that Clara has permanently forgotten what she was told in journey, particularly as the ending of that episode hinted that the reset did not completely wipe memories, and the Doctor clearly remembered what happened.

No shark jumping at all. In fact, it'd probably be quite difficult to actually jump a shark...
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Never mind the pictures who built the rocket ?
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it ruined the ending as well.

Also the "I found it at school" reference to the pic in the sub? Do me a favour, what were they studying? Soviet subs and their mighty adventures in the cold war? I don't know what school they are going to but I ever much doubt they have access to what would be classified pictures of the interiors of secret soviet sub missions.

And how again did they come across the pictures?

Google isn't THAT clever and I doubt they have access to Government face recognition software to search the internet.

Sloppy and Am-Dram.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Never mind the pictures who built the rocket ?

She designed it and most prob built by her followers. It was stated in the episode that Mrs Gillyflower was a gifted chemist and engineer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who took the pictures: For "Cold War" it was likely just some crew member on the submarine. For "HIde" it would most likely be the time traveler. Though, I think it was the Crooked Man.

As for why the kids saw the pictures? They said they saw them in school, so they were likely learning about the cold war, and they were just looking at photos of Russian submarines crews.

After seeing their nanny and her "boyfriend" in a picture that was taken in 1983, they got curious and tried to learn what was up. That guy from "Rose" found dozens of pictures of the Ninth Doctor throughout the decades, so them finding a few pictures of Clara in different time periods isn't too difficult to grasp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Great Intelligence?
    It was so interlinked with social media etc
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Well the characters did have a camera in Hide and if they did get a 'lift' from the sub crew in Cold War they would've been with those people several weeks. The pictures existing makes sense.

I think though the notion that the kids happened to just stumble across them was much too coincidental. It would've made more sense if they'd been in Clara's things and, after they'd once spied her leaving with the Doctor, they sneaked through her stuff and found them.

Too sensible. Haven't you heard that kids are all computer hackers nowadays? Besides, then the kids would have seemed likes nosey, spying little s****.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Given the show is about a time travelling, bow tie wearing alien who has had eleven faces and a space ship that looks like a police box from the outside but is much bigger on the inside I don't think it really matters all that much in context.

If someone had a record of The Doctor and his adventures it isn't completely impossible that that person would set up a website to try and get more information from other people who may have seen him. The kids get curious about the blue box, google it a la Rose in Rose and bingo. They found him.

Your explaination is quite good, especially as we know such sites exist from episode 1 however I have to disagree with your first point. Two very different types of implausible. You can have a show with scifi or magic and still want plausible storylines within that. I did find that final scene a bit off whereas a Silurian woman etc is fine.
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Topol wrote: »
    The Great Intelligence?
    It was so interlinked with social media etc

Must have been, as they're the big bad of the series.