EA will resume Wii U support when it's 'a viable platform'

jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414679/ea-will-resume-wii-u-support-when-its-a-viable-platform/

Personally I think not having EA is a plus for any platform but their recycled titles do sell.

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414679/ea-will-resume-wii-u-support-when-its-a-viable-platform/

Personally I think not having EA is a plus for any platform but their recycled titles do sell.

Taking into account EA is the biggest independent game publisher, EA's support is extremely important to any console, frankly. Although I dislike 99% of EA's games, many people evidently do like them, so people who do want to play Fifa etc aren't going to buy the U as a result.

Further to that, as the biggest independent games publisher, EA has a lot of influence among other game developers and publishers - especially smaller ones. If the smaller developers & publishers see that EA is not supporting the Wii U, then inevitably they will follow suit.

We'll see EA on the U again after Christmas. There will be a big Wii U rush as it is the cheapest console option (and it will more than likely have a price cut) as well as the usual console sellers, Mario, Zelda etc etc.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sales did increase dramatically when Amazon cut the price, people do what it, they just aren't willing to pay what Nintendo are asking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales did increase dramatically when Amazon cut the price, people do what it, they just aren't willing to pay what Nintendo are asking.

Well, you sale says increased dramatically. According to Amazon's mover list, it increased 800% initially after the Xbox 1 announcement, however, considering how poor the console was selling initially, an 800% increase could literally be a 100 console difference than previous. On top of that, sites said 800%, but when I checked it was only a 300% increase, but regardless, without solid figures, a percentage isn't representative of anything.

The U also fell completely out of the Amazon Movers ranking a few days later (Amazon displays the top 100 in the gaming section).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wasn't the Xbone, the sales had already increased before the announcement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't the Xbone, the sales had already increased before the announcement.

Any sources that state numbers by any chance? I'd genuinely be interested.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the wii u, just annoyed that there aren't many games that appeal to me and my son at the moment, but that's set to change with the new releases coming :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Any sources that state numbers by any chance? I'd genuinely be interested.

The only link I had was Amazons sales chart at the time, that's obviously changed now.