Katie Hopkins

Comments

• BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Professional troll, I don't for a second believe that she means what she says. It's a pisstake & I find it quite funny watching people getting their knickers in a twist about her.
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman just loves the sound of her own voice and loves all the attention she receives.

Watching her just now being absolutely vile and making nasty personal comments towards the other lady in the debate over missing your child's birthday I do not understand why on earth This Morning keep having her on their show and play right into her hands and give her all the attention she so desperately craves.

I honestly believe that she will eventually come to regret all the things she has spouted in the press and tv over her beliefs regarding her children when they grow up and see what a nasty horrible woman their mother was towards other people who do not agree with her views.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings and she brings entertainment to the show. Last time she got 10 million hIt's on YouTube. Which is amazing advertisement for this morning.
  • RussJRussJ Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    She even threaten Phillip Schofield today. I think she is quite funny myself.

http://goo.gl/RX8ItY

:D
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I watched her for the first time properly today and rather than feeling all up in arms about her she had me in stitches. Don't agree with bringing her children into the arena though but other than that she's (intentionally or unintentionally) quite a laugh. She does have a bit of a point about the names though, several she cited today were at my kids old school and their behaviour absolutely fits her stereotype.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2321522/The-secret-happy-mother-Hire-nannies-boring-bits.html

It is the real Katie Hopkins, she is an absent mother, this articule makes her sound like Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would love to see her and the Brickster go head-to-head in a bitch-troll-fight. Would be a very amusing 'handbags and killer heels at 20 paces'.

Really, they shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Samantha Brick actually comes across as quite harmless but I think Hopkins is probably as nasty and odious as the image she plays up to.

Notice how Hopkins is actually always bragging about being a high-flying businesswoman with an army of people who work for her but nobody seems to be able to put a finger on what she actually does other than order people about. More fool anyone who is under her employ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pipsqueak looked repulsed at the idea of Katie sitting on her lap. She was utterly obnoxious. Her children will have abandonment issues and not will not know she is their mother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is hilarious.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember after the name debate, they had a poll asking if she should appear on the show again, and the poll result was "No". So, how is she on again?

She may very well believe in what she's saying, but she's clearly coming on these shows just to get attention. You can see that she's loving the attention. She says different things because she thinks she's being funny, when she's actually being really rude and nasty.
  • CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I suspect when her children are older they will not want or need that much to do with her. As per that link a few posts up attending sports days and concerts etc have been very special moments for me and there would be no other place I would rather be. I may have found her amusing this morning but in reality her type of mothering is not for me, not sure really why she even had a family as they seem to mean so little to her. Seeing your child's face light up if they win a race or sing their little hearts out is priceless in my book.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I remember after the name debate, they had a poll asking if she should appear on the show again, and the poll result was "No". So, how is she on again?

She may very well believe in what she's saying, but she's clearly coming on these shows just to get attention. You can see that she's loving the attention. She says different things because she thinks she's being funny, when she's actually being really rude and nasty.
    She looked fairly rattled a few times in that interview. It's all starting to catch up with her now. When asked by the other lady what her job entails that means she has to be away for her kids birthdays, she couldn't answer and went with her usual defense of giving some vague generalisation. It's been asked on this thread more than once what katie's "business" is.

She also had to get personal with the other lady "you put your kid in boarding school", "it's like being shouted at by a lemon" (actually kinda funny but inappropriate) and got almost aggressive with Phil a few times when she thought they were touching on things she couldn't defend.

It'd say her 15 minutes are nearly up, unless she gets a spot on Loose Women :eek:

ETA: I understand that it's not always possible to have a party on the actual birthday but to give your three children a joint party every second year because you are being thrifty? Fcuk right off :mad: I thought the whole point of her missing her kids birthdays was that she could afford to give them a good life? If she's such an important business woman that she is on the road all the time, surely she can afford three parties. Stupid cow.

I better stop now. The more I think about it the more wound up I get. She's probably lying anyway (at least I hope for her kids sakes she is).
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked fairly rattled a few times in that interview. It's all starting to catch up with her now. When asked by the other lady what her job entails that means she has to be away for her kids birthdays, she couldn't answer and went with her usual defense of giving some vague generalisation. It's been asked on this thread more than once what katie's "business" is.

She also had to get personal with the other lady "you put your kid in boarding school", "it's like being shouted at by a lemon" (actually kinda funny but inappropriate) and got almost aggressive with Phil a few times when she thought they were touching on things she couldn't defend.

It'd say her 15 minutes are nearly up, unless she gets a spot on Loose Women :eek:

BIB, I was amazed she didn't stroll into the CBB house so wouldn't be surprised to see her replace Carol on LW. - such a shame I'll be working and miss it :cry:
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ETA: I understand that it's not always possible to have a party on the actual birthday but to give your three children a joint party every second year because you are being thrifty? Fcuk right off :mad: I thought the whole point of her missing her kids birthdays was that she could afford to give them a good life? If she's such an important business woman that she is on the road all the time, surely she can afford three parties. Stupid cow.

I better stop now. The more I think about it the more wound up I get. She's probably lying anyway (at least I hope for her kids sakes she is).

BIB Yes, she did look rattled and basically turned to playground tactics; "well you put your child in a boarding school". Attack the best form of defence? Just a bit.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "debate" today was quite hilarious when Katie let it be known that the other womans kid was at boarding school !! maybe they should have enlisted another contributor!!
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops!!:o
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I disagree with everything she says but I do find her quite funny ("it's like being shouted at by a lemon")
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't just missed her children's birthday parties. She was missing their birthdays, delibrately and gives them a choice between opening their presents in a room alone or waiting until the weekend and opening them, which is " the grown up decision". On their actual birthday's they don't get a card or see her. It was a very, very ugly interview.
    She thinks giving birth is unimportant and feels nothing about the remembering the days she gave birth, other than how quickly she returned to work. She has no empathy and no idea what damage she is doing to her children,
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked fairly rattled a few times in that interview. It's all starting to catch up with her now. When asked by the other lady what her job entails that means she has to be away for her kids birthdays, she couldn't answer and went with her usual defense of giving some vague generalisation.
    She didn't look rattled, she was just treating the over dramatic dope with the disdain she deserved.

I mean they're scraping the bottom of the barrel in finding people to be outraged by Katie Hopkins not very outrageous comments.

'Mother holds party for kid on Saturday, not on the Tuesday of their actual birthday' shocker!

The idiots who make people feel like crap for that or hint they are bad parents (unless of course they're fighting wars, the only excuse for working on a kids birthday) deserve everything they get.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    She wasn't just missed her children's birthday parties. She was missing their birthdays, delibrately and gives them a choice between opening their presents in a room alone or waiting until the weekend and opening them, which is " the grown up decision".
    No she wasn't missing anything 'deliberatly'.

She was saying if she has to work on their birthday, her children's present are there for them if they wish to open them. Or they can wait and celebrate when they are there together as a family.

So what?

My father worked many Christmas's when I was a child. And we were given the choice to open our presents and celebrate on the day or wait for a day or two later when we could all celebrate together. As little kids we couldn't care less he wasn't there, his absence wasn't going stop us opening our presents (and actually we still got to celebrate when he was back). When we got older we chose to wait.

Most kids are actually mature enough to accept and understand that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    She`s a sociopath that woman.

There's something wrong with someone who's ambition is to be a professional troll. It's not normal, or it didn't used to be...
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It actually is really sad though. My soon to be 4 year old is soooo excited about his upcoming party, his first proper, non family only, one. It's so lovely to see that a parent, plain and simple. Parenting is hard, why is she making her and her kids lives so miserable?

Having said all that I do think she's full of sh1t :o
  • LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too predictable, if we had a drinking game, we'd all be very drunk
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    My father worked many Christmas's when I was a child. And we were given the choice to open our presents and celebrate on the day or wait for a day or two later when we could all celebrate together. As little kids we couldn't care less he wasn't there, his absence wasn't going stop us opening our presents (and actually we still got to celebrate when he was back). When we got older we chose to wait.

Most kids are actually mature enough to accept and understand that.

My take on it is that a birthday, (or in your case, Christmas), is on one day out of 365. So in the other lady's eyes, (I forget her name), it wouldn't hurt to have just that one day off to spend with your children. Fair enough if you're working away for long periods of time and it's too difficult to get back home, but not really to miss that one special day. I know some people would probably celebrate their birthday or Christmas at a later date, but to others, it wouldn't be the same. I don't have any children, but it wouldn't be the same for me either if I celebrated those days at a different date.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    She didn't look rattled, she was just treating the over dramatic dope with the disdain she deserved.

I mean they're scraping the bottom of the barrel in finding people to be outraged by Katie Hopkins not very outrageous comments.

'Mother holds party for kid on Saturday, not on the Tuesday of their actual birthday' shocker!

The idiots who make people feel like crap for that or hint they are bad parents (unless of course they're fighting wars, the only excuse for working on a kids birthday) deserve everything they get.
    Parents try to be there for their kids birthdays but it's not always possible and that's understandable. She came across as if her kids birthdays are an inconvenience that she is not going to even try to accommodate.

How do you defend her for giving her three children a joint party every second year to save money?
This discussion has been closed.