Sharon and Phil & The Vic...

13»

Comments

• Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »
    As per usual, I agree Pete.... I much rather Sharon in the Vic by herself. The Vic belongs to the Watts, NOT the Mitchells and it always works best when it is under their rule.

I cant say I am the biggest fan of Phil and Sharon but I am resigned to it given that writers seem incapable of writing women as single.......

So I guess I'd prefer Phil and Sharon in the Vic to no Sharon in the Vic at all.

But I believe Shane Richie pretty much does a Babs Windsor and insists his character stay in the Vic. THe reason why Sharon, inexplicably, is taken out of there is because Letitia Dean doesnt have an ego that needs to be stroked by TPTB.

Omg is that really true about Shane:eek:?! If so, who the hell does he think he is:mad:? He ought to be counting his blessings that he's managed to get away with playing himself for so many years!

Alfie should have a Market stall rather than be in The Vic because it suits his gift of the gab personality more, and Sharon and Phil should defo be back behind the bar:) I've always felt that's where Sharon belongs and I'm hoping that's what LN has got planned in the long term.

I'll be so annoyed if Kat ends up back there with Alfie because I'm enjoying Kat so much more with Bianca on the stall now. It'd be such a step back to put her with Alfie again and it'd also mean Roxy gets dumped yet again!:yawn: Same old, same old:sleep:!
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vic dosent need Sharon, Phil, Roxy, Alfie or Kat the Vic needs new charactors to run the vic
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I agree a new family would be great it seems logical that Phil & Sharon should be back in the Vic....
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dale0693 wrote: »
    The Vic dosent need Sharon, Phil, Roxy, Alfie or Kat the Vic needs new charactors to run the vic

Agreed..I would even tolerate Janine taking over outright. Anyone but a Mitchell!
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    Could they be in the vic with shirley around? Where would she go to interact with characters if theyre supposed to be keeping their distant from each other
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vic is Sharon's rightful home.. Eventually she will be back there..
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    The Vic is Sharon's rightful home.. Eventually she will be back there..

The show doesnt seem to think so she seems just to be a regular customer now with no ties to it
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Could they be in the vic with shirley around? Where would she go to interact with characters if theyre supposed to be keeping their distant from each other

There are plenty of places she could go, she is rarely in the Vic anyway, the b and b, the launderette, McKlunkies, the shop, the cafe, Arthur's bench.....
    Forum Member
    There are plenty of places she could go, she is rarely in the Vic anyway, the b and b, the launderette, McKlunkies, the shop, the cafe, Arthur's bench.....

Shes mostly in the vic i dont think phil would risk going back in the pub while shes still around either
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    Shes mostly in the vic i dont think phil would risk going back in the pub while shes still around either

No she's not, in all her scenes lately, she is either at work, at home, shopping, doing her laundry or hovering in the square.
    Forum Member
    No she's not, in all her scenes lately, she is either at work, at home, shopping, doing her laundry or hovering in the square.

Shes been in the vic in her last two episodes and shes got some stuff coming up with jean in the vic too lol
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned The Vic belongs to Sharon. The refusal to put her back in there is annoying and mind boggling. Both of her eras as landlady were golden eras for the show. That's without mentioning the fact she's been tied to The Vic since before the series even began. The reasons for keeping her out of there are silly when you consider Roxy, the current landlady, had her father murdered in practically the same spot Sharon's dad was murdered in. Alfie/Shane Ritchie has done a poxy job as landlord twice over. Time to put The Vic back in safe hands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This must surely happen this year especially as Phil and Sharon are reuniting plus it seems logical to me...
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Sharon and Phil will get together after the forthcoming Jack/Phil storyline but will Sharon and Phil head back to the Vic as Landlord and Landlady? we already know that Phil owns The Vic but if they get together I am hoping that Sharon buries her demons and returns to the Vic with Phil as Landlady...

Sharon has already said the place holds too many bad memories. Phil is far too anti social to be interested in being landlord.

I can't see it happening.
    Forum Member
    i dont think they will theres no sign of phil selling his house he seemes settled there and a pub is not ideal for a baby or if ben comes back he needs a stable home
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    They should have Phil and Sharon fighting for control of the pub and then there is a fire (the 100th... or so it seems) and they both die in the thing as I'm so bored of the whole Phil/Sharon thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exploring Sharon's birth family would be a refreshing and interesting storyline and I wish they would do this.

Sharon's birth Father is out there somewhere and with that potential for other siblings...
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,938
    Forum Member
    Exploring Sharon's birth family would be a refreshing and interesting storyline and I wish they would do this.

Sharon's birth Father is out there somewhere and with that potential for other siblings...

I still think Graham Cole (the Bills Tony Stamp) would be a perfect choice for a father for Sharon, he looks a bit like Letitia and is a good actor.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they can spring Sharon's neglect of Denny off into a storyline about her tracking her birth family down in an effort to give him roots and stability. Of course it will all end in tears but that's what we want isn't it?!:p
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Yes, we may have been told that the Vic 'holds too many bad memories' for Sharon. However, in 2006 she was adamant that she was leaving the Square forever as 'everything she loved was gone' and 'there was no reason to ever come back again'. But here she is, back in the Square, back with Phil. So it's not beyond the realms of possibility that she would eventually come round to running the pub again too. This is a character who holds history very dear to her after all. Indeed, surely one of the main themes of Sharon's characterisation over the years is how despite everything she keeps coming back 'home'. She is a character who THRIVES at being at the centre of things. Making her landlady again would aid her natural development into the sort of matriarchal figure she is destined to become with her wealth of experiences on and off the Square over the years.

On a separate note, it would be great to explore her biological family. Again, Sharon is great at the centre of a tight, dramatic family unit. Just a matter of getting the writing for these key characters right, which at this current period I'm not sure we can rely on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon is living in the B & B.

The Vic is her childhood home and she should be there and Phil should do the right thing and move herself and Denny back in there.

We need Sharon back in the Vic...
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,938
    Forum Member
    Sharon is living in the B & B.

The Vic is her childhood home and she should be there and Phil should do the right thing and move herself and Denny back in there.

We need Sharon back in the Vic...

Sharon does need to be at the heart of the community, it's hard for her to interact with some of the new characters when she is in the club.