Peaches Geldof..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if there is another thread about the lovely talented uber amazing skinny Mum Peaches..but I just thought she might annoy other people the same way she annoys me.
She finally put her new baby on her Twitter instagram thingy as her Hello cheque came through, expect 3000 pictures of her new baby and the other baby and her husband with his weird trousers. I just laughed at how long it took her to put a picture of Phaedra up on her Twitter, as it was sooo predictable Hello would have her exclusive baby pics first.

What does she do exactly? why does she need to post twenty pictures a day of her baby, the first one I mean, yeah he is lovely but surely so many pictures online is not such a good thing..
She just grates on me as she is famous for nothing, and she come across so smug. I know when your parents are famous you become an instant A lister but of all the celeb kids she really gets to me for some reason, especially as she plays this earth Mum role and is on Twitter giving people advice on everything Mumsy.
You never hear anything from Fifi her older sister or Tiger Lily, Peaches is the one who craves the attention 24/7.
I was a huge fan of Paula Yates, her Mother actually worked for her fame though.
I'm just waiting on her to be out tomorrow with her really expensive buggy she got for free on her iphone taking pictures of her grublet and new one.

Her new son has a girls name, of course he couldn't just be Jack or John :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell do you pronounce that name?? :confused::confused:

I have to admit she does my head in. Though my only exposure of her is from watching Charlie Brooker rip apart Fearne Cotton and Peaches Geldoff. Pretentious and stupid sums her up pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-OatBpJq3E

Daughter of famous man sells her private life and does nothing, oh bore off :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel very sorry for her to lose her mum and stepfather the way she did and at such a young age. However, I don't really see the point of her as a zeleb. She doesn't do anything and is famous purely because of her surname.

I do like Bob but I do wonder if he was so busy saving the world that he overindulged his kids with material goods rather than his time
  • *~Gemini~**~Gemini~* Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    It's pronouced 'Faydra' and is a girl's name -

In Greek mythology, Phaedra (Ancient Greek: Φαίδρα - Phaidra) is the daughter of Minos and Pasiphaë, wife of Theseus, sister of Ariadne, and the mother of Demophon of Athens and Acamas. Phaedra's name derives from the Greek word φαιδρός (phaidros), which meant "bright".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    So has she had another .. a boy and a girl? Which one is Phaedra?
    I find it funny that Bobs daughters are bat shitt crazy, yet you never see Tiger Lily
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine the name-calling Peaches' younger son will be getting when he starts school:

"Oi! ya Paedo! Paedo!"

How ironic is that when Peaches went through a similiar experience because of her unusual name during her schooldays?!

Peaches is either truly stupid or wilfully ignorant or mentally cruel (you decide) for naming her youngest boy that way. She's much worse than her late mother, Paula Yates when it comes to giving wholly unsuitable names for her boys.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    Imagine the name-calling Peaches' younger son will be getting when he starts school:

"Oi! ya Paedo! Paedo!"

How ironic is that when Peaches went through a similiar experience because of her unusual name during her schooldays?!

Peaches is either truly stupid or wilfully ignorant or mentally cruel (you decide) for naming her youngest boy that way. She's much worse than her late mother, Paula Yates when it comes to giving wholly unsuitable names for her boys.:(
    Peaches went to a posh private school I bet, her school was full of other celebs kids I read that in a book about Paula, and I'm sure her little ones will go to the same schools. No state school bullying for her little grublets.

She had to choose a name that would get attention because she craves so much attention everyday from the media, but to choose a girls name was just cruel.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *~Gemini~* wrote: »
    It's pronouced 'Faydra' and is a girl's name -

In Greek mythology, Phaedra (Ancient Greek: Φαίδρα - Phaidra) is the daughter of Minos and Pasiphaë, wife of Theseus, sister of Ariadne, and the mother of Demophon of Athens and Acamas. Phaedra's name derives from the Greek word φαιδρός (phaidros), which meant "bright".

She came to a messy end after falsely accusing her step son of rape, so did the step son, Theseus got left grief stricken . It's not a happy family, if you wanted to go the mythological route for a name there are more auspicious choices.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I know she went through a lot as a child: parents splitting up, step dad dying so horrifically, scandal re who her mother's real father was, her mother dying so tragically... but I still find her really annoying and irritating. She seems to be simply living off her parents' fame while imagining she is someone special and talented. She really is someone who needs to 'get a proper job' and 'live in the real world'. Her sister Pixie doesn't seem to be nearly as attention seeking and Fifi keeps out of the limelight altogether and seems to actually work for a living.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to school with her husband. This baffles me. I would never in a million years have put him with her. I still have no idea how they met.
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Peaches went to a posh private school I bet, her school was full of other celebs kids I read that in a book about Paula, and I'm sure her little ones will go to the same schools. No state school bullying for her little grublets.

She had to choose a name that would get attention because she craves so much attention everyday from the media, but to choose a girls name was just cruel.

I don't think she chose their names purely for attention, it seems kind of the done thing these days. Was talking with a few girls at work in their 20's and discussing baby names, the names they all liked were either made up or surnames! I politely nodded but in my head thought "what a bunch of chavs!". I just find it stupid because I have a complicated foreign surname and grew up in a weird named street and therefore spent half my life on the telephone spelling my name and address "V-E... no v, as in Victor... yep, E-R, r like Robert" etc These people have no understanding of how much I wished to be Sarah Jones of Union Road.

As for posting pictures constantly, well, what do you expect her to do with her day? She's a full time mum with no nanny, she's probably bored. And at least she is clearly genuinely besotted by her son and not using him as a prop.

I agree she's vacuous and annoying but she's also not nasty or malicious, doesn't appear to have any substance abuse problems. Good luck to her I say.
  • cynet2007cynet2007 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Seriously if someone grates you that much in life just ignore them!

Not high-lighting them in the first place in a thread doh!

Second thread today created to be some kind of a bold statement made at making the person in question look like a worthless human being sigh!
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I went to school with her husband. This baffles me. I would never in a million years have put him with her. I still have no idea how they met.

Why? What was he like in school? (Nosy).
    Forum Member
    cynet2007 wrote: »

Second thread today created to be some kind of a bold statement made at making the person in question look like a worthless human being sigh!

Oh don't be so grumpy. OP just wanted to vent a bit about a celeb who annoys her. Loads of threads like this one on Showbiz and lots of people enjoy posting on them.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps you need to google 'forum etiquette'.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are aware of what the point of a showbiz gossip forum is? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    He is goodlooking, but his hair and clothes are very trampy looking and Peaches is dressing like him. It looks like she raids the Oxfams shops to dress them all..but she wears Prada shoes of course.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2324393/Peaches-Geldof-lavishes-attention-son-Astala-enjoy-day-park.html

The picture of the people in the park watching Peaches with her baby looks a bit scary, they look like homeless folk..she needs to cut back on her day trips to the park, I think this is opposite her own home too.

Also I love how she is reading Hello looking at her own interview! she really get's worse by the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mvloca wrote: »
    I don't think she chose their names purely for attention, it seems kind of the done thing these days. Was talking with a few girls at work in their 20's and discussing baby names, the names they all liked were either made up or surnames! I politely nodded but in my head thought "what a bunch of chavs!". I just find it stupid because I have a complicated foreign surname and grew up in a weird named street and therefore spent half my life on the telephone spelling my name and address "V-E... no v, as in Victor... yep, E-R, r like Robert" etc These people have no understanding of how much I wished to be Sarah Jones of Union Road.

As for posting pictures constantly, well, what do you expect her to do with her day? She's a full time mum with no nanny, she's probably bored. And at least she is clearly genuinely besotted by her son and not using him as a prop.

I agree she's vacuous and annoying but she's also not nasty or malicious, doesn't appear to have any substance abuse problems. Good luck to her I say.
    She obviously loves her son and spends all her time with him, but I do believe she is using him for publicity too..she is on the Daily Mail website nearly every second day because of her baby Astala as he is very photogenic and cute.

She is seeking attention by using her son..it's sad because something is lacking there, it's everyday on Twitter not just the odd photo.
    The reason I know she is using her first baby for publicity is because she didn't post one photo of Phaedra until the Hello interview came out, so after hundreds of photos of her first born you would expect a few of the new baby..it's all about money and attention with her.
  • Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She named him after a Tangerine Dream album, so not directly after the goddess. of course the Tangerine Dream album was named after the goddess so...:confused:
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel for what Peaches went through in childhood and growing up as a famous child couldn't have been easy, but she really isn't likeable and I don't know why the media insist we are to be interested in her when it's clear next to no-one is.

I also can't understand how she gets modelling work of any kind even when she has the Geldof name to get her foot in the door. She is just not photogenic. It's bizarre, and annoying.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an interview with the latest Hello! issue, Peaches reveals that she's named her younger boy Phaedra Bloom Forever in full. :eek:

She says she thinks his names make her younger son sound like a rock star!!

Bloom because of her second name Honeyblossom & also in homage to Nirvana's In Bloom.

Forever because Peaches & Tom thought it sounded cool!!

The reason why Phaedra was chosen as Peaches says it was featured in a song 'Some Velvet Morning' originally sung by Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra so it was nothing to do with some band called Tangerine Dream as been reported re: Admiral Star above because Peaches says that she hasn't heard of this band when the name was chosen.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peaches reveals that she's named her younger boy Phaedra Bloom Forever in full. :eek:

Right up there with Bronx Mowgli Wentz and Pilot Inspektor as worst celebrity baby names ever. :(
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand why if (I think I'm correct here) the new arrival shares her mum's birthday, so why not just name him Paul in memory of her mother?

Then again, I'm not a celebrity
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has she had another .. a boy and a girl? Which one is Phaedra?
    I find it funny that Bobs daughters are bat shitt crazy, yet you never see Tiger Lily

Or Fifi, for that matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an interview with the latest Hello! issue, Peaches reveals that she's named her younger boy Phaedra Bloom Forever in full. :eek:

She says she thinks his names make her younger son sound like a rock star!!

Bloom because of her second name Honeyblossom & also in homage to Nirvana's In Bloom.

Forever because Peaches & Tom thought it sounded cool!!

The reason why Phaedra was chosen as Peaches says it was featured in a song 'Some Velvet Morning' originally sung by Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra so it was nothing to do with some band called Tangerine Dream as been reported re: Admiral Star above because Peaches says that she hasn't heard of this band when the name was chosen.
    Bloom forever, gobshites the pair of them. I do think Astala looks very like Paula her Mum, or maybe he just looks like the old Peaches before she changed her face.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why in a paper I was reading yesterday that they said that Peaches was the image of Paula Yates. She's got a look of her, but I wouldn't easily be able to pick her out of a line up as Paula's daughter. I really don't think she's THAT much like her.